....soooo is now the time to sell my 2070super?

Skipple

With the anticipation of Ampere I'm thinking about selling my 2070 Super now, while prices on eBay are still pretty high. 

I have a spare 1060 6gb in my streaming PC that I can steal and use for now. (I'm not really doing any hardcore gaming at the moment)

Then wait for the 3xxx series to come out and buy once I can get my hands on one. 

Is this logical or I am missing something?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Just now, Skipple said:

With the anticipation of Ampere I'm thinking about selling my 2070 Super now, while prices on eBay are still pretty high. 

I have a spare 1060 6gb in my streaming PC that I can steal and use for now. (I'm not really doing any hardcore gaming at the moment)

Then wait for the 3xxx series to come out and buy once I can get my hands on one. 

RTX 3000 announcement on September 9th maybe. So I think it is ok to sell it now if you want the 3090 or 3080ti right now. You have to wait later for the lower end cards.

2 minutes ago, Skipple said:

It's a pretty good idea. A lot of frequent upgraders on a budget do it this way by always having a spare card to tide them over till the next launch. After the 3000 series drops prices will probably stay normal for a week or so but after that they will start lowering and the value of your rtx 2070 will drop quickly till it normalizes again.

7 minutes ago, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

So I think it is ok to sell it now if you want the 3090 or 3080ti right now. You have to wait later for the lower end cards.

I wasn't planning on upgrading to that high of tier, but I think my 1060 can get me by until the low(er) end cards are released. 

My recollection is terrible. How long after the release of the high end cards do the lower end start trickling out?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

3 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I wasn't planning on upgrading to that high of tier, but I think my 1060 can get me by until the low(er) end cards are released. 

My recollection is terrible. How long after the release of the high end cards do the lower end start trickling out?

A few monthes

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

11 minutes ago, Skipple said:

3070 releases in October, 3060 in December.  

Just now, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

I think...

Just now, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

Or November for 3060 but I am excited, Especially Black Friday!

42 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Unless you absolutely need the extra horse power. It's not necessary. 

The 2070 super is still a capable card..

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: