ohms and heaphones on motherboard

M.R_KING

guys i want to ask a question

can a motherboard run a headphone that it has a 80 ohms or i need an external amplifier/dac to let it work؟؟؟؟

and if i buy a cheap sound card..is it will sound better than the onboard sound card؟؟؟؟

and what is diference between using a high end headphones with 150 ohms on a sound card and using it on an amp/dac؟؟؟

and when i need to buy an sound card and when i need to buy an amplifier؟؟؟

impedance does not mean much tbh. 150 ohm sennhesier can be as easy to frive as an 80 ohm beyerdynamic. it's all about sensitivity. uf you intendt to power a 80 ohm beyerdynamic with your motherboard depending on how much power your motherboard outputs it should work 

what mobo do you have?

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

3 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

what mobo do you have?

i think of buying b450 gaming plus max

DT770/880 250ohm on my motherboard: crap

Amiron Home 250ohm: gud

And Amiron Home on my Huawei Mate 20X, shit can get too loud

It will depend on which headphones you'll get or planning on to get. Don't rely only on the motherboard because a dac/amp can improve the sound quality far greater. The current most popular are the Fiio K5 Pro and iFi Zen DAC. I have the Fiio and it's damn good.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

27 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

DT770/880 250ohm on my motherboard: crap

Amiron Home 250ohm: gud

And Amiron Home on my Huawei Mate 20X, shit can get too loud

It will depend on which headphones you'll get or planning on to get. Don't rely only on the motherboard because a dac/amp can improve the sound quality far greater. The current most popular are the Fiio K5 Pro and iFi Zen DAC. I have the Fiio and it's damn good.

so any cheap amp/dac will improve the sound better than any motherboard apm/dac؟؟؟؟

10 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

so any cheap amp/dac will improve the sound better than any motherboard apm/dac؟؟؟؟

Do you have any budget for a dac/amp?

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Do you have any budget for a dac/amp?

i will not buy anything

I only ask in general to learn on amps / dacs

20 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

Not always it depends on the dac /amp for example in the case of the fiio e10k I would say stick to your mobo but if you wen abut pricier with a fiio k3,BTR 5 or cheaper with a fx audio Dac x6 then we have to consider the headphones... Most motherboards these days tend to have pretty clean outputs .

9 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

i will not buy anything

I only ask in general to learn on amps / dacs

I can give some examples. When I used my motherboard audio, it was great for earbuds and (shitty) headphones. When I moved on to better headphone which was the Beyerdynamic DT880, I was adviced to get a dac/amp to power it and of course, the volume is too low so I had to buy the Fiio E10K as something to start with and the cheapest. But the audio between the E10K and my motherboard sounds pretty much the same except the power. High impedance headphones can now be loud enough. But when I upgraded to a much better Fiio P5 Pro, it makes my headphones much more lively, more vivid and everything sounds so good and clear and can hear details which I can't hear with the E10K and motherboard audio.

A good dac/amp is only if you have better headphones.

DAC/AMPs: