Can someone tell me if my PC parts will work together? I am a beginner.

Alec Ondo

Hi, I am going to build my first PC soon and I was wondering if someone could check if my parts look compatible. Thank you.

Team rgb 3600mhz 32GB.
Black red NZXT H510
ASUS Nvidia RTX 2060 super
Noctua NF-12 x2
Thermaltake Smart 600w power supply
MSI B550 TOMAHAWK
Seagate 4TB HDD x2
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
WD Blue 1TB SSD.

please change that psu, a sp11 550w/tx550m/rm550x/MWE gold 550w will be a lot better. 

what's your workload exactly? if you're just gaming, get a better gpu and a 3600 as the 3600 performs simalrly in gaming compared to the 3700x, and get a 16 gig 3600 cl16/ 3200 cl16/14 kit if you're just gaming as 16 gigs is more then enough. 

if you don't stream/ use nvec, get a 5700xt, which is a fair bit faster than the 2060 super. 

the case isn't the best, a p400a/meshify c or a 500dx will be a whole lot better.

and get an ssd, an a2000 will be a whole lot better than spinning storage, and will improve system responsiveness and the snappiness of the machine. 

and why do you need 8tb of storage exactly? 

again, workload? and budget?

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

-Moved to New Builds and Planning-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Yes it will work together. But that is a pretty bad psu, you should go for a better one like the mwe gold, rm or rmx line from Corsair, or Bequiet straight power 10/11.

I would also recommend waiting a while to build. New CPUs and GPUs are right around the corner.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

I am going to be gaming and some heavy video editing.

10 hours ago, Alec Ondo said:

Would a CX 450W be better?

it will be, but as said,

budget for the whole build? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

The psu you used is pretty awful. This one here is much better. A 5700xt is cheaper but better (unless you need nvenc for streaming). You dont need a 3700x at this price point fir gaming.

The nzxt h510 case has bad airflow. This phanteks one is so much better. Also an ssd is so much better than a hard drive, much faster. And i doubt you need 9tb worth of storage.

i would recommend waiting another month or so for new hardware to come out like amd and nvidia gpus and AMD cpus

Around 1600 dollars but since I live in Japan, prices are quite a bit higher.

Just realised you are doing video editing. In that case, a 3700x would be beneficial and an aftermarket cooler. Also 32gb ram and maybe go for a 1tb ssd and a 2tb hdd

Thanks a lot guys. I'll definitely change my PSU and i'll see what i can do.

10 hours ago, Alec Ondo said:

I live in Japan, prices are quite a bit higher.

well then, i would change the ram and save some money and go with a ripjaw V kit which usually goes for cheaper and does the same job. 

a 3200 cl16/3600 cl16 kit should do the job. 

as for the board, get a b550 a pro, which should be more then enough. 

change that psu. 

10 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

sp11 550w/tx550m/rm550x/MWE gold 550w

^ these are a lot better.  

and change that case and get a p400a/meshify c or a 500dx to name some, and these are a lot better. 

Build Log: