Get this BEFORE your PS5 - Vizio P-series Quantum X 2021

nicklmg

The dedicated buttons are good for people who are hopelessly confused by the on screen commands.  Like my dear old mother who for years and even still ask "What channel is Netflix on".   AT&T TV has even taken to assigning a channel number to Netflix.  So older people can ... turn to it. 

on what planet is $2000 considered cheap? i know Linus is a wealthy man but come on, that is NOT a cheap tv, i dont care what specs are in the thing. that is at least a mid range tv, its not even in the same galaxy as a 'budget' tv

Can you guys ask the engineers why they don't just include display port as it's superior to HDMI anyways?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

24 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Can you guys ask the engineers why they don't just include display port as it's superior to HDMI anyways?

I think most people use HDMI cords or have them already, especially consumers of TVs. Ease of use impacts someone's impressions of a product a lot, even if it's not directly the product's fault. If I'm an average consumer with loads of HDMI cords and and I buy the TV and it has a DisplayPort, something which I as a typical consumer have probably never actually had to use, I'm going to be disappointed when I go to plug in my stuff and I have to buy a new cord to use it. It might even affect sales, albeit marginally.

Then I'll be thinking, "well why in the world didn't the engineers put an HDMI port on this TV?"

2 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

I think most people use HDMI cords or have them already, especially consumers of TVs. Ease of use impacts someone's impressions of a product a lot, even if it's not

It can't cost more than a few dollars to add display port to the PCB alongside HDMI. Don't even have to pay for a license.

Also some cheaper HDMI cables might not even be able to handle the signal.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

23 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It can't cost more than a few dollars to add display port to the PCB alongside HDMI. Don't even have to pay for a license.

Also some cheaper HDMI cables might not even be able to handle the signal.

A few dollars across thousands of TVs adds up. The guys who are tasked with researching the market and developing the TV are probably well aware of DisplayPort, but for one reason or another, it's just not justifiable or reasonable to them for them to add it. The only time I've seen a DisplayPort on a device or on a display is for a monitor and on my graphics card. All of my regular entertainment devices only have HDMI ports. If I upgraded my TV I would want to use the cords that I already have, which are all HDMI, and I don't think I'm alone in that regard.

2 hours ago, F60Outrunn said:

on what planet is $2000 considered cheap? i know Linus is a wealthy man but come on, that is NOT a cheap tv, i dont care what specs are in the thing. that is at least a mid range tv, its not even in the same galaxy as a 'budget' tv

its 2000 for the larger ones and vs the 4-6k from a high end LG or Samsung its 1/2 the price

they start at 1400$

linus mic at 7:40 sounds really weird. can't tell it if it is shirt noise or what

Edited by GDRRiley

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

17 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

its 2000 for the larger ones and vs the 4-6k from a high end LG or Samsung its 1/2 the price

they start at 1400$

linus mic at 7:40 sounds really weird. can't tell it if it is shirt noise or what

but that is still not a budget TV. thats like saying a ferrari 488 is budget compared to the LaFerrari, its still alot of money regardless. 

If they worded it bang for the buck or something like that i wouldnt have an issue, but calling it budget is simply misleading.

That FALD response though ..yeeesh thats slow.

Honestly i dont see LCD ever getting good enough to be worth while at the high end. Not even Mini LED, which while it may help the FALD, wont overcome the plethora of other LCD weaknesses, like response time.

MicroLED ..sure, pixel level self emission, so long as they can keep things fast should be great. But the process of miniaturizing it will be slow and expensive, many years away.

OLED, again sure, self emissive, as newer more efficient compounds are developed for the pixels it will surely help endurance.

In all honesty I would rather go down from a 75" like the one shown, to a 55" OLED of similar price.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

So I'm going to preface this as a huge disclaimer but I really hate sponsored content like this , and I really don't want to sound angry or spread hate when I say this but what was the point  of the video? was it a show case? if it was one then why show an inferior TV? so was it a product placement then? Bingo it was it was a product placement to get people to envious about wanting a larger TV and spend money for big TV because well throught out the video you get disclaimers like "Oh the ports don't work at 4K, oh this model doesn't have high brightness, oh this a pre-production model doesn't have color calibration, oh this model has issues"

basicaly this is really ironic considering Luke who btw I want to say doesn't work for LTT but works for FloatPlane and Linus discussed on the WanShow before that gettting a cheap Samsung B-series is better value for money. So why not talk in that angle? why force something that actually is really crappy at large sizes?

Linus, I'm really missing the point of these "not sponsored" but actually sponsored videos. This video was just a placeholder to showcase TV's that will come, and aren't "released" yet and showcase the supposedly "value for money" without any god-dammed realworld testing whatsoever of something that will "come out" like you have to taakee your word for everything. Come-on LTT grow a pair and and actually make content for once! Also something else that's really suspicious? the video doesn't list a script-wrtiter which makes this even more fishy.

MAIN PC:

CPU R7 2700X    Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon   RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4    GPU ZOTAC RTX 2080 AMP  

Storage Kingston 250GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB    PSU Corsair RM RM1000x    Cooling AMD Wrait Max RGB(stock)

OS Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Manjaro Linux [GNOME 3]

LAPTOP: Assus FX505DY

CPU AMD Ryzen 3550H  RAM 8GB  GPU AMD Vega-Integrated/RX560X

Storage 500GB nvme+1TB HDD

OS Arch [GNOME]|| popOS [GNOME]

Also hmm nice tile: "Get this before the PS5" yeah right get it the monent it lauches without proper testing and use it with an expensive console because why not? you are dumb enough or maybe its a ploy to get the expensive TV reliize its shit wait for a RMA or refund, get a RMA and mess around and relize you can't afford a new PS5 and get a Xbox digital version instead :D

MAIN PC:

CPU R7 2700X    Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon   RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4    GPU ZOTAC RTX 2080 AMP  

Storage Kingston 250GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB    PSU Corsair RM RM1000x    Cooling AMD Wrait Max RGB(stock)

OS Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Manjaro Linux [GNOME 3]

LAPTOP: Assus FX505DY

CPU AMD Ryzen 3550H  RAM 8GB  GPU AMD Vega-Integrated/RX560X

Storage 500GB nvme+1TB HDD

OS Arch [GNOME]|| popOS [GNOME]

On 8/3/2020 at 1:50 PM, nicklmg said:

Buy a VIZIO P-Series TV

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/CmssmVZ

Buy a TCL TV

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/BRudoc

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/rjZx

On B&H (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/rMkeB8

Buy a HiSense TV

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/xOw3Q

Do we have any ideas when these are gonna be in stock? Have they been released yet?