Good PC tool kit?

Amer

I fix it? What do you exactly mean? Generally for building a PC a Philips head screwdriver is all you need.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

For mounting either Mugen Max or Zalman CNPS20X or some similar CPU cooler you need 15+ cm long stem scredriver... neither i mentioned includes one.

I edit my posts more often than not

Being that I work in IT tasked with both server and workstation repair (along with the occasional on-site client job), I've found that the GREENLEE 0153-42C 6-IN-1 MULTI-TOOL is perfect for the job. Stays in my bag. I only use the Phillips bits as they're perfect 2.5 and 3.5 inch HDD screws. So far (knock on wood), there hasn't been a laptop I couldn't fix with the smaller bit too.

The only challenge with PC building is getting the standoffs installed. You can finger tighten them, or use a pair of pliers; both ghetto methods but arguably just as effective if done right. Truly though, you'll want a tool for those; specifically a 5mm nut driver.

Other than that, you don't need much else for building a PC.

58 minutes ago, StDragon said:

The only challenge with PC building is getting the standoffs installed. You can finger tighten them, or use a pair of pliers; both ghetto methods but arguably just as effective if done right. Truly though, you'll want a tool for those; specifically a 5mm nut driver.

I have fairly large hands and have no problem just hand tightening them in

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

On 8/1/2020 at 9:49 PM, Caroline said:

a lighter.

🤨. Because you didn't mention a cutter, I'm guessing that's not for the cigar.

i have a nice flashlight with a magnet in it for placement that comes in handy a lot.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

4 hours ago, Caroline said:

I use it to heat up the cable a bit.

Otherwise I could cut it because my hands go from applying no pressure at all to cut the jacket and also the copper, there's no middle ground with me.

??? Exactly what cables are you cutting when working on a PC?