Some good headphones around $100

Jeroen1322

Hi guys!

I want to buy a nice pair of headphones for traveling and stuff. I listen music on my phone so the headphones can't be like > 9000 Ohm :P

Thanks! 

I want to hear as little as possible from the outside! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I like my creative live! which i use for my note 3 and laptop.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/creative-aurvana-live-headphones/reviews

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I never thought I'd recommend a rapper's headphones, but I think the SMS Audio Streets are actually fantastic for $100 (the price varies depending on the color for some reason :P). They're meant as 50 Cent's answer to the Beats but honestly they don't compare at all. It sounds like someone who actually listens to music designed the Streets whereas the person who designed Beats is likely to put three 10" subs in the back of his stock '89 Honda Accord. The Streets sound quite similar to my Sennheiser PC360's (which are based on the HD555, from what I heard), they're just not quite as crisp. The build quality is also fantastic. You can take each earcup and bend the headphones anyway you wan't without any fear of breaking them.

There is one place you'd be making a compromise though, SMS Streets don't block outside noise at all. They claim to have "passive noise cancellation", but it's a marketing lie that they most likely came up with in order to compete with the Beat's terrible active noise cancellation. The only noise blocking you'll get is by cranking up the volume, but be prepared to let everyone else around you listen in as well lol. 

I've owned my pair for about a year and a half now and I've really liked them. Just be warned that they are NOT for bass heads as 50 Cent's name might imply  :)

http://www.amazon.com/STREET-Over-Ear-Headphones--SMS-Audio/dp/B007HU6NDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393842926&sr=8-1&keywords=streets+by+50

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

i have the AKG k 450's they sound okay but the thing about them is that those wont leak sound and have an unpluggable cord.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

Are you looking for pocket-friendly headphones or fullsize, or somewhere in between?

I don't know how much they're going for right now, but I got my ATH-m50's for $105 after shipping, taxes, etc, and they're definitely the best sounding headphones I've ever owned.  They are full sized so they're not the most portable, but they can fold up to be more compact when you're not listening to them.  Each earpiece pivots in any way you can possibly imagine, so they are pretty guaranteed to fit your head well, but depending on your ears' size / shape might not be the most comfortable on your ears as the earcups aren't very deep, wide, or particularly soft, but that isn't to say they're terribly uncomfortable.  Noise isolation is good because of the closed design, but they are not as noise cancelling as an IEM.

If you want something more pocket-friendly though I would recommend to find an IEM, they also have the added benefits of being more basshead friendly and more noise cancelling, but general consensus seems to be that they usually suffer in overall sound quality compared to similarly priced full-size headphones, and they might not be as comfortable as some full size headphones could be.

Headphones are a very personal and subjective; if you can go and try out many headphones before you decide to make an investment.

I never thought I'd recommend a rapper's headphones, but I think the SMS Audio Streets are actually fantastic for $100 (the price varies depending on the color for some reason :P). They're meant as 50 Cent's answer to the Beats but honestly they don't compare at all. It sounds like someone who actually listens to music designed the Streets whereas the person who designed Beats is likely to put three 10" subs in the back of his stock '89 Honda Accord. The Streets sound quite similar to my Sennheiser PC360's (which are based on the HD555, from what I heard), they're just not quite as crisp. The build quality is also fantastic. You can take each earcup and bend the headphones anyway you wan't without any fear of breaking them.

There is one place you'd be making a compromise though, SMS Streets don't block outside noise at all. They claim to have "passive noise cancellation", but it's a marketing lie that they most likely came up with in order to compete with the Beat's terrible active noise cancellation. The only noise blocking you'll get is by cranking up the volume, but be prepared to let everyone else around you listen in as well lol. 

I've owned my pair for about a year and a half now and I've really liked them. Just be warned that they are NOT for bass heads as 50 Cent's name might imply  :)

http://www.amazon.com/STREET-Over-Ear-Headphones--SMS-Audio/dp/B007HU6NDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393842926&sr=8-1&keywords=streets+by+50

Dahm that is a lot of text! 

But i want a pair of headphones with a good bass because i love dem dubstep! I don't really want to wear a headphone that is so expensive because of the brand of example, Beats or Streets by 50 Cent. 

Are you looking for pocket-friendly headphones or fullsize, or somewhere in between?

I don't know how much they're going for right now, but I got my ATH-m50's for $105 after shipping, taxes, etc, and they're definitely the best sounding headphones I've ever owned.  They are full sized so they're not the most portable, but they can fold up to be more compact when you're not listening to them.  Each earpiece pivots in any way you can possibly imagine, so they are pretty guaranteed to fit your head well, but depending on your ears' size / shape might not be the most comfortable on your ears as the earcups aren't very deep, wide, or particularly soft, but that isn't to say they're terribly uncomfortable.  Noise isolation is good because of the closed design, but they are not as noise cancelling as an IEM.

If you want something more pocket-friendly though I would recommend to find an IEM, they also have the added benefits of being more basshead friendly and more noise cancelling, but general consensus seems to be that they usually suffer in overall sound quality compared to similarly priced full-size headphones, and they might not be as comfortable as some full size headphones could be.

Headphones are a very personal and subjective; if you can go and try out many headphones before you decide to make an investment.

I don't really care that much about the looks just small enough that i won't look like an Jet fighter pilot, lol :P I really like your review about the ATH-M50, but here it is 160 euro's (what is total bullshit) so i don't think that i'm buying them because i'm not really that much of a audiophile (Yet :P )

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I want a pair of headphones with a good bass because i love dem dubstep!

You would probably find v-moda crossfade lp to be adequate for you, they have that bass going for them fo sho.

Edit. They are abit over your budget though.

Akg k518 dj. Goes around 50 euros, excellent sound good isolation, compact and foldable with carrying pouch. Only downside is you need 10 min rest after about 2 hours Bc your ears will get sore. Even after the break in the clamping is pretty tight and the earpad hard.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

WS55X might be good, the bass is very tight. I warn you that the ear might directly touch the driver.

I don't know how much they're going for right now, but I got my ATH-m50's for $105 after shipping, taxes, etc, and they're definitely the best sounding headphones I've ever owned. They are full sized so they're not the most portable, but they can fold up to be more compact when you're not listening to them. Each earpiece pivots in any way you can possibly imagine, so they are pretty guaranteed to fit your head well, but depending on your ears' size / shape might not be the most comfortable on your ears as the earcups aren't very deep, wide, or particularly soft, but that isn't to say they're terribly uncomfortable. Noise isolation is good because of the closed design, but they are not as noise cancelling as an IEM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

Think I'm gonna get one soon to try out.

To bad that they Boompro won't fit...

I'll buy your other NVX's though? I wanna make that sudo headset. 

To bad that they Boompro won't fit...

I'll buy your other NVX's though? I wanna make that sudo headset. 

I already sold it to a friend for a free meal.

I already sold it to a friend for a free meal.

Not even mad.