1650 super temps

Bruh1

hello guys.

I've got a 1650 super and it has served me really good for 1080p gaming , now its summer and its getting a bit on the toasty side , I just wanted to check is 80 degrees fine for long sessions of gaming ? or could that damage the card?

its a zotac 1650 super btw. 

thanks

2 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

or could that damage the card?

Normal for the most part. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

I've got a 1650 super and it has served me really good for 1080p gaming , now its summer and its getting a bit on the toasty side , I just wanted to check is 80 degrees fine for long sessions of gaming ? or could that damage the card? its a zotac 1650 super btw. 

Anything under 90C is fine.

Especially in the summer months, a videocard will run warmer. 80C is no issue.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

it is within spec, but im not sure if it's normal for 1650 to run at those high temps

as for damage, no it wont

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Anything up to 88C is safe for Turing GPUs, so you're fine.

Those Zotac 1650 Supers look like they've got some really puny heatsinks on them, so 80C isn't totally surprising, especially if your ambient temps are high and/or you don't have a lot of airflow inside your case.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Anything up to 88C is safe for Turing GPUs, so you're fine.

Those Zotac 1650 Supers look like they've got some really puny heatsinks on them, so 80C isn't totally surprising, especially if your ambient temps are high and/or you don't have a lot of airflow inside your case.

i have good air flow , im using the NR600 case from Cooler master , and i have 3 intake fans and 3 exhaust fans , its just really toasty today in my country its 37 C outside right now.

and yea its true this zotac 1650 super was the cheapest one i found and the heat sink does look pretty bad. but it does the job i  guess.

Just now, Bruh1 said:

i have good air flow , im using the NR600 case from Cooler master , and i have 3 intake fans and 3 exhaust fans , its just really toasty today in my country its 37 C outside right now.

and yea its true this zotac 1650 super was the cheapest one i found and the heat sink does look pretty bad. but it does the job i  guess.

Yeah that ambient temp might explain it.

Either way, you're fine, no need to worry.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Yeah that ambient temp might explain it.

Either way, you're fine, no need to worry.

Thanks man.