Ryzen 3 3200g, rx 580 8gb stuttering.

taknyoskolyok

Hi! I bought my pc 3 days agp, downloaded all drivers, win updates, optimized windows. I tested fortnite and I got very very high fps drop, screen freezin, stuttering.
I thought, because the single channel, but my friend tested with the same config w single/dual channel, and he got good frames as always.
Config
cpu:Ryzen 3 3200g
vga: Rx 580 8gb
ram: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666mhz

mboard:ASrock a320m-dvs-r4.0
Bios ver:11/14/2019
1 120GB ssd
2 500 GB hdd
550w cooler master psu.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3RScuVIW8URVe1XIwZgytYfwAqcq4f0/view?usp=sharing

Just now, taknyoskolyok said:

Hi! I bought my pc 3 days agp, downloaded all drivers, win updates, optimized windows. I tested fortnite and I got very very high fps drop, screen freezin, stuttering.
I thought, because the single channel, but my friend tested with the same config w single/dual channel, and he got good frames as always.
Config
cpu:Ryzen 3 3200g
vga: Rx 580 8gb
ram: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666mhz

mboard:ASrock a320m-dvs-r4.0
Bios ver:11/14/2019
1 120GB ssd
2 500 GB hdd
550w cooler master psu.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3RScuVIW8URVe1XIwZgytYfwAqcq4f0/view?usp=sharing

Is fortnite downloaded on your hdd?

CPU usage? Have you tried installing the game on the SSD?

Also single-channel memory is going to be detrimental to performance regardless, though severe freezing/stuttering is more likely to be caused by a CPU bottleneck.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

500gb hdd probably old and slow.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

14 minutes ago, III_ELITE_lll said:

Is fortnite downloaded on your hdd?

It's on my hdd.

14 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

CPU usage? Have you tried installing the game on the SSD?

Also single-channel memory is going to be detrimental to performance regardless, though severe freezing/stuttering is more likely to be caused by a CPU bottleneck.

cpu usage 50-70% As I said my friend tested with the same shit, and got good frames.

Just now, taknyoskolyok said:

It's on my hdd.

that could be your problem. Try installing it on your ssd and if it still get fps drops check your ram

11 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

500gb hdd probably old and slow.

image.thumb.png.84176d7d7006ba2be9f58093ac33a17e.png

5400 RPM is slow.

For gaming get 7200rpm.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

5400 RPM is slow.

For gaming get 7200rpm.

Bruh, it's a fucking fortnite...

I played this shit on my old pc which got a 20% hdd i5 2400, 16 gb ram, gt 1030.

14 minutes ago, III_ELITE_lll said:

that could be your problem. Try installing it on your ssd and if it still get fps drops check your ram

I can't doesn't have enough space.

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Just a thought, but check to see how fragmented that drive is.

0%.

Typically, when I run into this issue with games I'll completely uninstall and reinstall them. If I were to guess, it's a driver conflict of some kind. I have a 6 core Ryzen CPU and a RX 5700. I have The Witcher 3 installed on a 7200rpm HDD and my PC should play this with no issues. However, it will stutter and drop frames the first few minutes then play fine afterwards.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

Typically, when I run into this issue with games I'll completely uninstall and reinstall them. If I were to guess, it's a driver conflict of some kind. 

I try this.

8 minutes ago, taknyoskolyok said:

I try this.

Are your GPU drivers up to date? I know you said that your friend has the 'same' configuration but single channel RAM REALLY cripples Ryzen CPU's...

3 minutes ago, steelo said:

Are your GPU drivers up to date? I know you said that your friend has the 'same' configuration but single channel RAM REALLY cripples Ryzen CPU's...

I know, but 40% difference = 100+ fps drops/stuttering?

I have the 20.4.2 cause this is the recommended.

5 minutes ago, taknyoskolyok said:

I know, but 40% difference = 100+ fps drops/stuttering?

I have the 20.4.2 cause this is the recommended.

There is no obvious reason from what you've told us...you may just need to rebuild your OS from scratch and see if your results improve. Even if he has identical hardware, it's very hard to believe that the hard drive image on both systems is exactly the same.

20 minutes ago, steelo said:

There is no obvious reason from what you've told us...you may just need to rebuild your OS from scratch and see if your results improve. Even if he has identical hardware, it's very hard to believe that the hard drive image on both systems is exactly the same.

All downloaded from the ms site  19041.421 build.

3 hours ago, taknyoskolyok said:

All downloaded from the ms site  19041.421 build.

I'm honestly not sure what to tell you, man...even if you have the same build, you could have different driver versions, software installed, etc causing the variation in performance. Your CPU/GPU should have no issues with that game.

And are you sure that your monitor is plugged into the RX 580 and you are not using integrated graphics?

* thread cleaned *

Please keep the Community Standards in mind when interacting with others ;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 hours ago, taknyoskolyok said:

I played this shit on my old pc which got a 20% hdd i5 2400, 16 gb ram, gt 1030.

What kind of frame rates were you getting? You are severely crippling performance by using single channel RAM and a 5400 rpm HDD. I believe I've read that using Ryzen CPU's with single channel ddr4 results in up to a 40% performance penalty.

4 hours ago, taknyoskolyok said:

20GB of data is still big.

Check the event viewer for warnings related to the drive / gpu.

Bad sectors can also contributes to hickups.

4 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

20GB of data is still big.

Check the event viewer for warnings related to the drive / gpu.

Bad sectors can also contributes to hickups.

Checked. Shows nothing.

4 hours ago, steelo said:

What kind of frame rates were you getting? You are severely crippling performance by using single channel RAM and a 5400 rpm HDD. I believe I've read that using Ryzen CPU's with single channel ddr4 results in up to a 40% performance penalty.

I know that single/dual difference, but my friend got good frames as always with/without dual channel, with literally the same config.