Do You Own A Console, If You Do Why?

Uberskills

Added an option to the poll and posted on Twitter!

I own both PS3 and a PC. I just got my PC and my Ps3 I have had for 3y.

CPU Intel I7-4770k - Motherboard MSI G45 Gaming - RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB !866MHz - GPU Sapphire Dual-x R9-270x Crossfire - Case Fractal Design R4 - Storage SSD-120GB Kingston HyperX 3K + HDD-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - PSU Corsair CX750 - Display Asus VH236H 23inch - Cooling Corsair H100i - Keyboard Razer Black Widow 2013 - Mouse Razer Death Adder 2013 - Sound Astro A40s - OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

I have a 360 and a PS3. All pre gaming PC. The PS3 has not been plugged in for a year because of lack of friends on it. The 360 has not been turned on in a month. Only when I have to use a console do I use them (BO2 or any other COD). The only thing I miss though is the community minus the whining 12 year olds. Thanks to the PC I built, I can escape that.

My Rig: i5 3570k at 4.2 GHz 1.12 Volts, Hyper 212 Evo, Maximus V Gene, RM650, 840 Pro and Seagate Barracuda, 8 GB of Sniper Ram, and a GTX 770.

My vote is pretty much the same as Linus'. I haven't touched my PS3 in 3 years or so.

Because some games are only available on consoles :p

I have a PS3, I actually do not have any special games for it yet, though the plan was having God of War

Now I am just waiting for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Yes, PS3. The Sports titles. Despite EAs best attempts at ruining them I still love the NHL, NCAA, and Madden games. The last ones made for PC were back in 2009. Also Final Fantasy games when they come out and a few other PS3/Console exclusive games. Also makes a great bluray player, and a good stream box with Netflix and the PS3 media server. PC gaming is superior in most areas, but consoles definitely still have their uses and I plan to get a PS4. 

I have both an Xbox 360 and a PS3 and since I bought my new PC I have only played on the Xbox 360 once and that was with my friends who don't have PCs.

PS3 has a blu-ray player and netflix

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I got both consoles for all the game exclusives. Halo on 360 and ps3 for gt5 god of war ect. I'm really looking forward to the last of us on ps3. If I can get a game on pc it's always my first choice.

Using a PS3 as a media player, for blu-ray and DLNA hook-up to my NAS. Haven't played a game on it for AGES.

I own a PS3 for the awesome exclusive games.  The Wii and the Xbox get games that every console gets, but the strength of Playstation is in the exclusives.  Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, MotorStorm, Metal Gear (Prior to them going cross-platform after MGS4), Socom, Journey, Beyond: Two Souls, Demon's Souls, God of War, Gran Turismo, Infamous, Little Big Planet, The Last of Us, etc... and that's only to name a FEW!  I also have Playstation Plus.  Playstation Plus just isn't a right to play online like Xbox Live is.  With Playstation Plus you get access to crazy deals, free games, betas, etc.  I'm a PC gamer to the core, but when someone asks me what console they should buy I can only say Playstation!

PS3, bought it basicly for GTA4 and GT5, might get the PS4 depending on what platforms GTA5 and GT6 releases on. :)

Both of the titles are and will be available on PC. 

I have a ps3 for the exclusives. To bad there's no option to vote for that. I have to play my God of war, metal gear, tekken, and grand tourismo

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Only because of consoles exclusives. Uncharted, Heavy Rain and etc. are very good games to miss. 99% of gaming is done on my PC with better graphics and cheaper games thanks to Steam (and other digital) sales.

I still have my PS3, but sold 360 as soon as finished GoW3. PS3 still has some good games coming like Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls.

I have a 360 but I never use it because i find it to be a less enjoyable experience.

I LOVE Halo but I probably wont buy the new xbox, especially at $500, just to play the next one.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

I play on consoles mainly for the exclusives be them exclusive to one particular platform (like Uncharted on PS3, Halo on 360, Zelda on Nintendo) or the games that are exclusive for more than one console (like Bayonetta for PS3/360). I've never cared much for the graphics, so no multiplatform makes me wanna play on PC, and the exclusive PC games that I'm interested in are kind of old (Age of Empires) so my non-gaming laptop can deal with them.

I've said this many times on this forums, so might as well post it here too.

Console exclusives. I play on consoles because if you're a REAL gamer you play all great games, and don't limit yourself to one platform.

As great as PC gaming is, PC will never get games like Legend of Zelda and so on. Sure emulators exist, but why wait a decade for some of the best games to exist?

I used to play with my Xbox 360 a lot with my friends, until i decided to build my own PC. From then on i haven't touched my Xbox in a long time but will occasionally use it for some games such as halo 4 e.t.c

I own a ps3, xbox and wii, I just own them because I like to play on my ease from the couch :)

Proud to be from Belgium.

I own a Wii and a Xbox 360 and both are dusty ... not used them for months.

I own a PS3 to play games that are not available on the PC like Final Fantasy or Gran Turismo

when i was younger. my pc wasnt good enough to play games and they were still really expensice, so my brother and i bought an xbox 360 to play with our friends (who had them for the same reason) but now i have this http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/5421-blue-sun/?hl=jathor#entry63604 and had another one before that which was pretty good, so i havent touched it in years save for streaming movies from my server to the tv.

I have PS3 almost exclusively for bluray-movies. Although I just bought Injustice the other day. 

The past cannot be altered. The present holds but regret and loss. It is only in the days to come that a man may find solace. When memory fades..
Gigabyte B450i Pro WiFi | AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | SilentiumPC Fera 3 HE1224 w/ Corsair ML120 | 2x8GB DDR4 3400MHz CL16 | MSI RTX2070 Armor | Plextor M8PeG 256GB NVME | Crucial MX100 512GB | Corsair SF600 Platinum | Fractal Design Define Nano S | Dell U2518D | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL with Cherry MX Brown | Logitech G703