my cpu is too hot and keeps spikeing

Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,
40 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

45 is perfectly normal for summer. Also, unless you are reaching 95+, it's fine.

Not quite. The max temp on the Phenoms, much like the FX chips, isn't anywhere near 90. It'll throttle at 70c.

Max recommended temp is in the 60-70 range depending on TDP.

42 minutes ago, xx420blazer21 said:

my cpu the phenom II x4 975 stays at a constent 40 to 50 c when im just brosing or watching youtube and the stander temps that the internet says that it should be around 25 to 30 c and also adding on to problem it spikes up quite a bit and makes cpu cooler to ogo faster and sence its a smaller cpu cooler it makes a lot of noise i saw that in the bios it siad that it was rung at 4500 rpm or somthing like that and it gets anoying also probly gets really hot while i game and could kill my cpu

Clean the fans, heatsink and old paste off the cooler and CPU, reapply thermal paste and retest. The Phenom is 11 years old at this point and has

a low heat tolerance, so it requires some more maintenance.

my cpu the phenom II x4 975 stays at a constent 40 to 50 c when im just brosing or watching youtube and the stander temps that the internet says that it should be around 25 to 30 c and also adding on to problem it spikes up quite a bit and makes cpu cooler to ogo faster and sence its a smaller cpu cooler it makes a lot of noise i saw that in the bios it siad that it was rung at 4500 rpm or somthing like that and it gets anoying also probly gets really hot while i game and could kill my cpu

yeah but i keep my room cooler than most people .im wierd i know. and i live in a cold inviroment so it dosent relly get that hot only on rare ocations

18 minutes ago, xx420blazer21 said:

yeah but i keep my room cooler than most people .im wierd i know. and i live in a cold inviroment so it dosent relly get that hot only on rare ocations

Still i don't see any problem in your temps.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

40 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

45 is perfectly normal for summer. Also, unless you are reaching 95+, it's fine.

Not quite. The max temp on the Phenoms, much like the FX chips, isn't anywhere near 90. It'll throttle at 70c.

42 minutes ago, xx420blazer21 said:

Clean the fans, heatsink and old paste off the cooler and CPU, reapply thermal paste and retest. The Phenom is 11 years old at this point and has

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

29 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It'll stop boosting but max safe is still 90

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It'll stop boosting but max safe is still 90

The Phenom doesn't even have turbo, only the X4 T Zosma and X6 T Thubans do.

The Phenom II has a vastly different architecture (K10).

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

THANK U ALL!!! i will clean the heat sink and re-apply themal peast and see if that makes my cpu calm down and wont have to hear my cpu fan eaven if i am wearing head phones