"Premium" features you don't actually want in a flagship?

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Probably the lightning connector. Almost every charger I use now is wireless, CarPlay and syncing is also wireless. No need to have it. Controversial, but I'd prefer the device to be more waterproof. 

I still use the lightning connector for my earbud dongle.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

19 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

The same was said about 4G.

The upgrade from 3G to 4G was great. 3G did feel kind of slow.

Current 4G however? Unless you're constantly downloading files and big apps on your smartphone, do you really feel that your current phone is slow and could really use an upgrade?

1 hour ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I still use the lightning connector for my earbud dongle.

Not saying for everyone. I don't have a need for a headphone dongle since 2017.

Manufacturer apps that aren't part of the stock android experience. Even more so apps that are essentially designed to replace default apps, as if they were any better.

Apps that cannot be removed. Let us delete the damn bundled apps. Facebook is NOT system app ffs!

Super high res display. 1080p/1440p should really be the max for a device that small, there's no point to having 4k resolutions on a phone other than draining the battery faster. A 5.5 inch 1080p screen has a PPI of 400. Which is plenty as far as "retina" goes at like 10 inches from your face.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

stupid names , numerous useless intel chipsets and socket

namely “rtx xxx ti super gaming oc“

more important markup and tax

4 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Razer Phone 2 has rgb. 

everyphone after nokia 3210 has RGB

6 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

RGB lighting

While flashy, ultra-fast RBG going through all the spectrum is somewhat obnoxious to look out, I do enjoy the ability to customize an RGB keyboard to make something soothing. For example, choosing a color for both your wallpaper and Chrome, and then having your RGB keyboard match that color for a clean setup. The two main colors are green and blue? You could have your RBB keyboard slowly go from one color to the next.

I don't know. I do appreciate this additional layer of customization.

I do dislike the "gamer aesthetic" of black & red laptops, or the atrocity that is the ROG Phone II. Such a great phone, ruined by childlike design, urgh...

5 minutes ago, 7412 said:

I do dislike the "gamer aesthetic" of black & red laptops,

Luckily for you more and more manufacturers are moving to just black or white + rgb designs 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

a selfie camera.

i have not used this thing in probably years! why would i need a 2000000+MP selfi cam?

currently i have a phone with one of those pop-up selfie cams and it;s awesome. i can just leave it inside the device all the time.

High refresh screen, wireless charging, hole punch camera, bloatware, stupid resolutions. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

currently i have a phone with one of those pop-up selfie cams and it;s awesome. i can just leave it inside the device all the time.

Same. I don't belong in the Snapchat/Instagram gen, I don't really care much about selfies. The pop-up camera allows for a better looking, notchless display, and you can also feel more comfortable using your phone in the toilets since you know you can't be spied one...not from the front anyway.

3 hours ago, RollinLower said:

a selfie camera.

i have not used this thing in probably years! why would i need a 2000000+MP selfi cam?

Issue with those are moving parts fail more often 

37 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

true, but only if you use them. and since i never use mine it really never gets any wear.

i guess in extreme amounts of time the grease in the mechanism might begin to harden and lose it's functionality, tough realistically you wont use a single phone that long anyway.

I really don't need bigger size smartphone.

I need a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact size with flagship specs smartphone. The last smartphone that I really really like was the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

56 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

true, but only if you use them. and since i never use mine it really never gets any wear.

i guess in extreme amounts of time the grease in the mechanism might begin to harden and lose it's functionality, tough realistically you wont use a single phone that long anyway.

Dunno the 6S is getting iOS 14 there’ll be people who’ve used that 5 years already 

Just now, Lord Vile said:

Dunno the 6S is getting iOS 14 there’ll be people who’ve used that 5 years already 

my point still stands.

sillicone grease needs decades to harden up. and when it's in a (somewhat) sealed box like a phone that only gets much longer.

i won't be using this phone in 40 years time.

17 hours ago, 7412 said:

5G is also something I really don't care about, and it's sad that it's raising the price of Snapdragon's best chips. Yet again, pointless overkill.

If mobile internet providers won't change their prices, 2gbps will drain my 10€ in 1 sec :D

12 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

my point still stands.

sillicone grease needs decades to harden up. and when it's in a (somewhat) sealed box like a phone that only gets much longer.

i won't be using this phone in 40 years time.

But over time crap gets trapped in it, you might drop it and misalign something etc etc. The more moving parts you can remove the better in terms of reliability. 

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

I disagree. Phones have been tested for that, multiple hundreds of thousands of times. Devices that include pop-up cameras have been out for more than 2 years now, and we've had no major drama with many people returning their devices because of a broken camera or anything like that. Even Zack from JerryRigEverything states that they're solid and should last.

Pop-up cameras are solid. They're the best solution to the "notch" problem, until they find a way to add under-display cameras...which will be a tough one to pull off, since our fingers are on the screen all the time and will leave fingerprints and smudges where the camera is.

It being an extremely fragile piece of glass? 

Not only do manufacturers make other parts of the phone (the back) of glass when this is really unnecessary, they also start making screens more and more "bulged" because it looks cool to have a smooth edge from the screen to the side of the phone. I would much rather have them make edges that are higher than the screen to offer good protection. (*see edit)

A common argument against that is, "just get a phone case", which I think is a stupid thought; it sucks that most modern day smartphones are not practical at all without a phone case, which kind of eliminates their slick design anyway; why bother designing a phone with all these glass parts and round edges if there's going to be a piece of cheap rubber round it anyway? Because once a month you're going to take it out of the case and admire the device?

Look I'm not asking for something with Nokia-like strength, I don't need a phone that survives being submerged under 10000 meters of ocean, I don't want one of those 900 dollar "outdoor phones" that are basically covered in an inch of silicone, I just want something that I don't have to be looking after all day.

*Edit: that doesn't mean you get less screen space; modern smartphones with rounded edges still have 1mm or so black space between the edge of the device and the active part of the display, there's no reason why this already black space couldn't have protective edge on it.

8 minutes ago, 7412 said:

I disagree. Phones have been tested for that, multiple hundreds of thousands of times. Devices that include pop-up cameras have been out for more than 2 years now, and we've had no major drama with many people returning their devices because of a broken camera or anything like that. Even Zack from JerryRigEverything states that they're solid and should last.

Pop-up cameras are solid. They're the best solution to the "notch" problem, until they find a way to add under-display cameras...which will be a tough one to pull off, since our fingers are on the screen all the time and will leave fingerprints and smudges where the camera is.

They haven’t sold that many though and just because someone “thinks”

they should last don’t mean they will. A phone should be lasting 5 years and we haven’t hit that mark yet. A HDD can last 3 years then randomly conk out 

8 minutes ago, 7412 said:

they should last don’t mean they will. A phone should be lasting 5 years and we haven’t hit that mark yet. A HDD can last 3 years then randomly conk out 

12 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

they've sold a lot, especially the cheaper models like the Xiaomi 9t (Redmi clone), Oppo Reno, Honor 9X, or the oneplus 7T Pro. they all use sometimes the same, or sometimes exactly the same mechanism or supplier for the mechanism.

and with all those different phones on the market for years, there has still been no drama surrounding them whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

they've sold a lot, especially the cheaper models like the Xiaomi 9t (Redmi clone), Oppo Reno, Honor 9X, or the oneplus 7T Pro. they all use sometimes the same, or sometimes exactly the same mechanism or supplier for the mechanism.

and with all those different phones on the market for years, there has still been no drama surrounding them whatsoever. 

I actually don’t think I’ve seen any of those aside from the 7T and I’ve only seen a couple of those.