$$Money to burn$$ ?

Not really, but i guess its a start. I have been doing a lot of research and perhaps i may be at a point that i am overthinking it. So i'm leaning to the forums experts to help me. I have done the Corsair Hydro X and EKWB configurator. I'm not afraid of the cost (1300'sh) but i do want to spend the money on the right product(S). i know i can go a million different routes but i need your support as a decider. Am i safe with going either Corsair or EKWB? Should i go with Hardware labs, or XPCS. I want the best rads, pump reservoir combo, fittings with best CPU block. (White/Black Theme)

So far for my following pc components: 

Aorus z390 Master

i9-9900k

eGVA 2080ti XC Ultra

Lian Li XL Dynamic Rogue White. / QL Corsair RGB's fans (9). 

How would you do it?

Mix and Match. But you can get a good custom loop for $500-600 easy.

What is your end goal?

Looks or cooling performance? 

Do you want hard tubing, RGB, distro plate, how many radiators and what size?

30 minutes ago, Nakedpeanut said:

Mix and Match. But you can get a good custom loop for $500-600 easy.

What is your end goal?

Looks or cooling performance? 

Do you want hard tubing, RGB, distro plate, how many radiators and what size?

Performance for OC'ng 

hard tubing ( widest )

i  have RGB's QL corsairs x9

Distro side plate is an option. dont want to compromise pump

since i'm have the lian li xl.. 360x3

Well you won’t be getting a Corsair gpu block. So ek or heat killer are my choice for that. I prefer the looks of the ek cpu blocks. 
Id get any pump combos or a regular pump and get a distro block for that case. 
Id like alpha cool rads for 120mm stuff. The crossflow versions. I like the smooth finish of them too unlike ek and xspc though I like them all performance wise. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 x 360  will be more than enough for your rig (but I see now why your budget is so high :) )

You need to think of aesthetics space wise, and if running that much tubing (for 3 rads) will look good and the difficulties (planning) involved.

Additionally you need to consider rad thickness, particularly for the side mount as the top and bottom will interfere if you get it too thick.

I agree with Mick, get an EK GPU block, then pick a CPU block that matches your aesthetic, has decent flow rate with good fin density (I like the XSPC raystorm but it's not the prettiest).

I prefer a D5 combo pump with fan bracket mount.

I would honestly aim for something like this with bottom intake and top exhaust:

P1000320.jpg

1 hour ago, Omi7k said:

Performance for OC'ng 

hard tubing ( widest )

6 hours ago, Omi7k said:

Performance for OC'ng 

hard tubing ( widest )

afaik if u want 3 rad, the distro plate have to be on the front (and they're not cheap)

EK https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-reflection-pc-o11d-xl-d5-pwm-d-rgb-plexi

Radikult https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamic-UNO-XL-Front-Panel-Acrylic-Water-Cooling-Reservoir-for-D5-pump-011-XL/223705892576

Edited by fonzz1e
updated XL distri
Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

1. You won't see any performance boost with 3 rads over 2 on a single GPU and CPU. It will also make you runs much harder and IMO looks much uglier.
  2. I would probably look at the likes of Hardware Labs for radiators, especially if you want to run fans at low speed for silent operation.
  3. If you want a D5 over a DDC, you're limited to either a front mounted distro, getting one from Radikult or building your own.
  4. 16/12mm hard tubing is the widest you can routinely get fittings for.

If by "the best", you mean "the highest performance come what may, but also super nice aesthetics", then you would probably want:

• 2x EKWB XE360s (the one at the top will be a VERY tight fit though)
  • EKWB front distro plate, or a D5 pump/res combo with fan mounts
  • Watercool Heatkiller IV CPU block
  • Watercool Heatkiller GPU block
  • 3 fans intaking on the side

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

13 minutes ago, HM-2 said:
  1. You won't see any performance boost with 3 rads over 2 on a single GPU and CPU. It will also make you runs much harder and IMO looks much uglier.
  2. I would probably look at the likes of Hardware Labs for radiators, especially if you want to run fans at low speed for silent operation.
  3. If you want a D5 over a DDC, you're limited to either a front mounted distro, getting one from Radikult or building your own.
  4. 16/12mm hard tubing is the widest you can routinely get fittings for.

If by "the best", you mean "the highest performance come what may, but also super nice aesthetics", then you would probably want:

• 2x EKWB XE360s (the one at the top will be a VERY tight fit though)
  • EKWB front distro plate, or a D5 pump/res combo with fan mounts
  • Watercool Heatkiller IV CPU block
  • Watercool Heatkiller GPU block
  • 3 rads intaking on the side

Thank you kind Sir, for validating quite a few things i have been considering and those of you as well that have taken time to post. i'm still undecided if i want a distro plate. if no, i could have a 360 on the side instead at the top, but at the same time i'm considering a vertical mount for my GPU, i think the may cause  a problem with a bottom rad. In terms of CPU block i do agree EK are nice, but may go with Corsair for white Aesthetic. 

So checking the info on the EKWB distro, you won't get a 60mm XE up top, instead being limited to a 40mm PE due to space limitations.

If you want to vertically mount a GPU, you're limited to about a 30mm lower radiator (+25mm fans). The best 30mm radiator hands down is the Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS, again especially at lower fan speeds. In fact the GTS will beat just about every other rad on the market regardless of thickness at fan speeds under 1000RPM. 

believe that you can get 3x360GTS in an O11D XL, though I expect that the dual-flow design of them means that the side radiator is a tight squeeze. You might actually be better off with their crossflow version as it's a bit narrower, it might also make tubing runs a bit easier too. The only challenge is that these are very high restriction rads, so you need to be careful with pumps (in fact it might well work better with a DDC than a D5 due to the higher head pressure).

The EK blocks are really good looking but their performance is distinctly average.

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

Any recommendations on fittings? is a program that i could build my layout to see how many elbow joints etc. i would need. I can see it now, i need more of these and that! project halted. I'm going for 16/12mm hard tubing. 

8 hours ago, HM-2 said:

So checking the info on the EKWB distro, you won't get a 60mm XE up top, instead being limited to a 40mm PE due to space limitations.

If you want to vertically mount a GPU, you're limited to about a 30mm lower radiator (+25mm fans). The best 30mm radiator hands down is the Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS, again especially at lower fan speeds. In fact the GTS will beat just about every other rad on the market regardless of thickness at fan speeds under 1000RPM. 

believe that you can get 3x360GTS in an O11D XL, though I expect that the dual-flow design of them means that the side radiator is a tight squeeze. You might actually be better off with their crossflow version as it's a bit narrower, it might also make tubing runs a bit easier too. The only challenge is that these are very high restriction rads, so you need to be careful with pumps (in fact it might well work better with a DDC than a D5 due to the higher head pressure).

The EK blocks are really good looking but their performance is distinctly average.

Any recommendations on fittings? is there a program that i could build in my layout to see how many elbow joints etc. i would need. I can see it now, i need more of these and that! project halted. I'm going for 16/12mm hard tubing. 

10 minutes ago, Omi7k said:

Any recommendations on fittings? is there a program that i could build in my layout to see how many elbow joints etc. i would need. I can see it now, i need more of these and that! project halted. I'm going for 16/12mm hard tubing. 

Have you done any custom loop water cooling before?

If this is your FIRST time, hard tubing is not recommended...

IMO, best to try soft tubing first, as it is more "forgiving", then move onto hard tubing once you get the hang of it.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

10 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

Have you done any custom loop water cooling before?

If this is your FIRST time, hard tubing is not recommended...

IMO, best to try soft tubing first, as it is more "forgiving", then move onto hard tubing once you get the hang of it.

Yes, its been about 6+ years. but i did put together a CPU water cool system with XSPC components. from a manufacturing brand stand point wanted to see if there was any special recommendation on fittings and would hurt if a program for support was available

22 hours ago, Omi7k said:

Yes, its been about 6+ years. but i did put together a CPU water cool system with XSPC components. from a manufacturing brand stand point wanted to see if there was any special recommendation on fittings and would hurt if a program for support was available

Ah I see...

I don't have first hand experience with Corsair products, but rather a decent amount with Ekwb stuff, and *some* experience with Swiftech water cooling products.

Just to clarify, EKwb's PE radiators are 38mm thick.

Looks like the top and bottom of the case has up to 65mm of clearance.

Assuming a single set of fans eat up 25mm, that leaves 40mm of space left for a radiator.

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]

• Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

I would go with.

EK blocks

Bitspower / Barrow Fittings (including drain port)

Bykski in-line Flow meter

Glass tubing

Glass res

A D5 pump

HardwareLabs Rads

Noctua Fans

Thats pritty much the best u can get for performance , longevity, and aesthetics.

Working with glass tubing ull need to spend more on fittings as u can do bends , with the exception of 90degree ones which u can buy pre bent.

You will also need to make sure u have a few tools at hand to cut and grind/polish the tubing, but in the end glass tubing last a lot longer than soft tubing or Acrylic or PETG, doesnt stain either. And overall just has a nicer look.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I heard Thermal Take has a nice tool kit for water cooling and cutting. Any recommendations?

2 hours ago, Omi7k said:

I heard Thermal Take has a nice tool kit for water cooling and cutting. Any recommendations?

Assuming you are doing hardline it’s not bad. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

7 hours ago, Omi7k said:

I would honestly map it out in something like Photoshop. You can plan things in CAD program like Fusion 360 too, but that relies on either a) someone having already made models of all your components or b) you having the time and inclination to painstakingly model them yourself. 

Bitspower fittings are regarded as the best, they also offer the widest variety, but they're hideously expensive. I think I was looking at over £300 for fittings alone with my build. Barrow are great value and pretty well regarded. EK represent a decent middle ground between the two.

17 hours ago, Omi7k said:

That's what I have heard as well.

They offer two kits, one for ID 1/2" (12mm) x OD 5/8" (16mm) hard tubing, and another for ID 10mm x OD 12mm hard tubing.

https://www.thermaltake.com/pacific-hard-tube-bending-kit.html

https://www.thermaltake.com/pacific-12mm-10mm-hard-tube-bending-kit.html

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz

• Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

So you want something like this?

I personally think Corsair's hydro x line is trash. Built down to a price for the same money as Ek/heatkiller/bitspower. Their fittings and rads seem fine, but I think there overpriced.

Stick with Ek/heatkiller/alphacool ect, for block's and rads. 

Ek fittings are ok but their rotary fittings feel like absolute trash, very loose feeling. Doesn't inspire confidence. 

I would go with bitspower fitting as an a+ but Barrow, bykski and Darkside (dazmode) are good as well. All pretty similar if not identical manufacturing.

If you doing a distro plate keep you will be running a DDC pump, will be fine. They are basically all made by the same company. Also from experience with the distro plate, expect your tubing runs to be slightly off here and there. Though it should the Ek distro plate ports do not line up perfectly, maybe it was my ocd but it was annoying.

20200318_215921.jpg

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

20 hours ago, Slyceth said:

Are you looking for quietness?

not necessarily. ultimately want to lowest temps possible. 

19 hours ago, jasonc_01 said:

So you want something like this?

I personally think Corsair's hydro x line is trash. Built down to a price for the same money as Ek/heatkiller/bitspower. Their fittings and rads seem fine, but I think there overpriced.

Stick with Ek/heatkiller/alphacool ect, for block's and rads. 

Ek fittings are ok but their rotary fittings feel like absolute trash, very loose feeling. Doesn't inspire confidence. 

I would go with bitspower fitting as an a+ but Barrow, bykski and Darkside (dazmode) are good as well. All pretty similar if not identical manufacturing.

If you doing a distro plate keep you will be running a DDC pump, will be fine. They are basically all made by the same company. Also from experience with the distro plate, expect your tubing runs to be slightly off here and there. Though it should the Ek distro plate ports do not line up perfectly, maybe it was my ocd but it was annoying.

20200318_215921.jpg

Getting there but in white. Here are a few rads thinking of getting depending on GPU vertical route or not. 

Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360mm - White Special Edition (thinking about side panel vertical mount. or bottom rad

https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/radiators/alphacool-nexxxos-monsta-360mm-white-special-edition-ac-14193.html

Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX® Dual-Core Xtreme Profile Radiator - White (x2) 

https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/radiators/black-ice-nemesis-360gtx-dual-core-xtreme-profile-radiator-white-n360gtx-f2pw.html

Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS uUltra Stealth u-flow low profile- White  bottom for GPU vertical mount as Option B. 

https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/radiators/black-ice-nemesis-360gts-ultra-stealth-u-flow-low-profile-radiator-white-n360gts-f2pw.html

59 minutes ago, Omi7k said:

Getting there but in white. Here are a few rads thinking of getting depending on GPU vertical route or not. 

How fast do you want to run the fans?

The Monsta is very much tiered towards push/pull. I'm not convinced you'd get one in the bottom of a Dynamic XL with even one set let alone two. 

The GTX is best suited to fans around 1000-1200RPM, but will outperform the Monsta at every speed with a single set of fans. It's only really topped by the EK XE360 in overall performance in 60mm rads.

The GTS is king of low-fan-speeds regardless of basically anything else. Other than the huge Hardware Labs SR-2 (which is also worth a look) nothing comes close to it in any thickness under 750rpm. However it's very high restriction.

In my own Dynamic XL loop I'm using a single GTS360 at the top and a GTX360 at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

How fast do you want to run the fans?

The Monsta is very much tiered towards push/pull. I'm not convinced you'd get one in the bottom of a Dynamic XL with even one set let alone two. 

The GTX is best suited to fans around 1000-1200RPM, but will outperform the Monsta at every speed with a single set of fans. It's only really topped by the EK XE360 in overall performance in 60mm rads.

The GTS is king of low-fan-speeds regardless of width. Other than the huge Hardware Labs SR-2 (which is also worth a look) nothing comes close to it in any thickness under 750rpm. 

yeah the SR-2 in white are out of stock :( .. i think i'm leaning definitely leaning going towards either two SR-2's ( Top,Bottom) or GTS slim bottom for vertical GPU mount. 

Fittings: In terms of fittings do you try to aim for what you need but perhaps always getting more while trying to customize.