Noctua brings back NH-L12 for the Ghost S1 case

TVwazhere

There is no new news on the NF-A12x25 chromax fans. Current speculation is Q1 2021

-------------------------------

Air cooling in tiny cases (sub 12L) can be extremely difficult; the coolers are either too weak for the CPU you want to cool or they dont fit in the case and you'd have to mod the case or cooler, or both to fit. To meet the demand for this form factor, Noctua took their discontinued L12 (The newer L12S heatsink is 4mm taller), removed the 120mm top fan and added AM4 and LGA1200 support. 

Coming with a single 92mm fan and Noctua’s second-generation NT-H2 thermal compound, as well as the latest SecuFirm2™ multi-socket mounting system, the NH-L12 Ghost S1 edition has been customized to be an ideal companion for quiet high-end builds in Louqe’s award-winning Ghost S1 enclosure.

The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is EUR/USD 54.90. The cooler is available as of today via Noctua’s official Amazon and eBay stores

NH-L12S Ghost S1 Edition

Measurements

• Height (with fan): 66 mm
  • Width (with fan): 128 mm
  • Depth (with fan): 150 mm
  • Weight (without fan): 410g
  • Weight (with fan): 500g

It should be noted that just because it's the "Ghost S1 edition" doesnt mean it cant fit in any other cases, simply that it was the perfect low profile cooler for the Ghost S1's according to their CPU comparison PDF. It will still fit into thicker "Tall and thin" cases like the Silverstone ML07, RVZ01/03 and traditional style cases like the Ncase M1 V6 and Sidearmd T1, but not the thinner ML08, RVZ02, Fractal Design Node 202, and standard cases with GPU chambers like the Dancsae A4 and Thorzone Mjolnir. 

It's cool that they brought back this product specifically for the SFF community. It shows that Noctua is paying attention to the hardcore SFF community which could indicate the direction manufactures are going. NZXT and CoolerMaster have also released or are working on real SFF PC cases that are competing with some of these smaller cases giving users more affordable options, which is a major step in the right direction IMO. Gone are the days of 70+L full towers, users are demanding smaller and more space efficient while managing higher heat load, and products like this show that the cry for better hardware is heard. 

Sources

https://noctua.at/en/louqe-and-noctua-present-nh-l12-special-edition-cpu-cooler-for-the-ghost-s1-case

https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/him2di/an_edition_of_the_nhl12_specifically_made_for_the/

Now if only the NF-A12x25 Chromax would release already Ha, beat you all to it

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I was mad that it took them this long and it's just a re-release. But then remembered it's Noctua and that's just who they are and I still love them.

That's one heck of a design for a cooler.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

53 minutes ago, Escanor said:

So where the rgb fans from noctua ? 🙃

😠

On 7/1/2020 at 12:33 PM, VegetableStu said:

official estimates point to Q1 2021 actually

https://noctua.at/en/product-roadmap

It's technically official, but at this point I'm calling it speculation because I feel like Noctua is speculating at this point. The announcement for the Chromax fans was over a year ago with an late 2019/early 2020 date (same time literally every other Chromax fan except the Chromax coolers) came out. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Oh cool a cooler for a case that's availability is infrequent at the extreme best case scenario, plus spoty top hat availability. Not to mention the fairly bad paint matching between case and top hats among various other issues. 

Beautiful case in reviews though. 

This cooler will be available and I Stock more frequently than the case. 

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

12 hours ago, That Franc said:

How can a cooler weigh 500mm? Isn't that too heavy?

Well, considering mm is a measurement of length and not weight, it cant LOL.

I've fixed it in the OP :) 

That Ghost S1 case looks cool, but I just checked...

it costs 285 EUR! 285 !!!!

I would be in the market to upgrade to a nicer built ITX case from my Sugo 13, but at those prices, I cannot justify it.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:57 AM, Escanor said:

So where the rgb fans from noctua ? 🙃

Burn the heretic. BURN!