Feels Trip

hellyt6

Loading the OS from a floppy disc, because there was no HDD in most PCs at the time.

Running games from command prompt.

Walking around in a 3D game for the first time.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

When did you start? I still play it.

Oh, years ago. Like, 2006/2007 time. 

(I am acutely aware of someone above me talking about floppies :D)

Building my first city on Simcity 2000 i was about 8 yrs old, they post rules where i could only play for 30 minutes after i got home then i would nap. now, i regret not napping.. damn im so tired

EDIT: also inserting floppy disks to my old piano.. uhh the times

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Playing COD2 wars on clanbase with my old clan, we were a unique clan for our country with many members from many cities. we played anytime and anywhere, even had our own t-shirts, remember this was back in 2005 - 9 years ago. It was a helluva team, so many good times, endet the season 2nd in eastern Europe and 2nd in Balkans.

Playing C&C Tiberium Sun when it was released, chatting on mIRC through the night ;)

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Playing Halo 3 for the first time round a friends house at like 2 am.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

playing europe racing on my old dimension 8400

playing world of warcraft lich king with friends (included taking the pc over and using it as a chair at my friends house)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Loading the OS from a floppy disc, because there was no HDD in most PCs at the time.

Running games from command prompt.

Walking around in a 3D game for the first time.

I remember those days, I Don't really remember my first 3d game because for me the transition was slow, but it was probably gunship or encounter on the c64 back in the mid 80's.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

playing duke nukem 2 on my dads old win 95 machine along with playing nascar 1999 with his steering wheel and driving exclusively as dale earnhardt in the number 3 car.

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

roller coaster tycoon 1 

pokemon indigo and pokemon volcano

hehe i remember playing that and building custom coasters that had no end and the cart would just fly off into water or something

hehe i remember playing that and building custom coasters that had no end and the cart would just fly off into water or something

i used doing that and i was always wondering why my park have such a bad rating and why are all the coasters shut down

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Having multiple LAN cables running from pc to pc (dell dimensions with multiple lan cards in each ) to play Diablo 2. Or having the same room filled with WoW players all running on dialup lines....

Can be found on my profiIe

Starting up dial-up for the first time, it was like magic.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Windows 2000, was my first OS. At that time, Pixel Quality and 2D magic is really all you need

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Alright kids .. we goin on a feels trip

Got my first PC at 5, opened it at 6, learned about components at 7, started fixing it at 8

Remember 3DFX ?

Dat feeling when opening my brand new Voodoo 5 5500 agp graphics card .. 

Then my first voodoo SLI setup (oh my god it was beautiful)

First sound card .. Creative sound blaster live

First Pentium 4 computer

Dial in connections .. DSL made me shat my pants years after

play lots of gunbound

play lots of CS

play lots of GC N64 and PS2

my child hood was pretty much care free :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Runescape. When it was a fantastic game, when the community was fun and polite.

When fishing was the most social thing you could do and when evil chickens showed up every one would freak out and then start "yelling" into chat at the person it was attacking. When hitting a 13 was massive. When I could take on level 100+'s at level 50 because I trained all skills evenly and chose to wear cool looking armour rather than practical armour but for some reason I could still do heaps of damage and take heaps in castle wars.

Yup... Runescape.

Playing Operation Neptune. Or DOS games like Thomas The Tank Engine. And some game my uncle installed on my grandads computer where you had to explore an alien cave as a miner...

Moto X something something. Had multiplayer and you could kick other bikers off.

Age Of Empires. An idiot friend trying to convince me age of mythology was the 4th age of empires game.

Need for Speed High Stakes < Best need for speed game ever. Driving into the train on the level in a national park type place, driving as cops.

Then playing Hot Pursuit 2 and being like WOAH these graphics are amazing and it causing our HP to slowly die.

PC Nostalgia thread.. 

1. Probably waking up around 4AM after going to bed around 11PM just to play some more Runescape, back in the good ole days, on and old Dell Dimension.

2. Waking up during the winter and playing World of Warcraft during Wrath.. I loved that time period.

3. First install of Linux Ubuntu.

What are some of your guys' favorite nostalgia moments?

i like you use to wake up early to play runescape! 

nobody knows what nostalgia means... or just too young

I know what it means I can't explain it but I know what it is

Dunno if this is old enough to be nostalgia, but I fucking miss prius online so bad. That game was near perfection for me...

When I found out the Taiwanese server went down, the server i started playing that game on, it felt like i lost a part of myself, a bit of my soul had been ripped out.

I'm still no ok, it feels like I lost a part of myself and I'll never be the same :<

Pinball on windows XP

Download-Windows-XP-s-Pinball-Game-for-W

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

Pinball on windows XP

Posted Image

you can download it on windows 8

Can be found on my profiIe

you can download it on windows 8

Yeah, but the memory of playing it on XP when i was a child, cannot be reproduced.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX