Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

Whats with all these nice cable managed builds? Isn't this thread supposed to be about bad ones?

I can post mine.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I got some rather bad pics of the Antec 900 I just upgraded for a friend to hold him until Ivy-E comes out. These are the only ones he had.

IMG_00901-rotated.png

IMG_00911-rotated.png

The second pic has everything in it minus the dominator ram cooler and everything was cleaned up a tad more but not to any great extent because well it is a Antec 900. O and dont even ask whats all in there cause I just dont want to talk about it <.<

I'm gonna hurl...

at least it has some cable management... not like my computer...

Sarah Jessica Parker

I'm gonna hurl...

at least it has some cable management... not like my computer...

Look back behind the HDD cable and PSU mess, I did my best and it took FOREVER or at least way longer than it should have.

99% of the PC's at my work look like that, so no biggy. Dem PC's be designed for shiieet like that, and they love you long time.

I do love the way he tried to sort out the cables though :D

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Okay I finally got it for you. I would probably just wait off on the ram. I'm currently waiting till DDR4 before i upgrade my machine anyway but depending on my motherboard choice at the time that could work certainly. Furthermore I agree with the recommendation that white would be a better fit. It looks nicer.IMG_3050_zpsa894345d.jpg

i absolutely love your system man!

where did you buy those cables?

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 G45 • Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro series 8GB 1600MHz •  Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB • PSU: Corsair 860• Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65• Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 • Monitor: LG 23EA63 IPS • Case: Corsair Graphite  600t

This is my first build..Took me along time to run cables good cause i only have one working arm..But i like how it came out..

attachicon.gif20130625_163718.jpg

attachicon.gif20130626_011001.jpg

I LOVE RAM COOLERS. Especially that one

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

i absolutely love your system man!

where did you buy those cables?

I actually have two cables well two different types of cables. I have 3 sleeved silverstone sata read cables

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812162013

and since I have a AX power supply corsair sells individual sleeved cables for a pretty low price considering.

http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/psu-accessories-1/professional-series-ax850-ax750-ax650-individually-sleeved-modular-cables-white.html

i bought a AX860W and i really want a Red cable set but i can't find any normal priced ones, the ones i find are around 80/90 euro and can't buy them from corsair site because i live in Belgium and the shipping would be super expensive i think...

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 G45 • Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro series 8GB 1600MHz •  Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB • PSU: Corsair 860• Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65• Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 • Monitor: LG 23EA63 IPS • Case: Corsair Graphite  600t

This thread is horrible. I really cant stand a messy PC really drives me crazy when i see it.

I spent hours sorting my cables out and im still not happy with a lot of it and you cant really see any cables in a my build.

i bought a AX860W and i really want a Red cable set but i can't find any normal priced ones, the ones i find are around 80/90 euro and can't buy them from corsair site because i live in Belgium and the shipping would be super expensive i think...

Yea I feel you. I don't understand the cost of the cables quite honestly The newer AX model power supplies have it pretty rough in terms of cost for cables. Honestly I would give them a call and see what the cost would be like shipping wise I'm sure they would be able to tell you. For me I had it easy 30 some odd dollars for a full set of sleeved cables yes please! And I didn't want to sleeve my own cables when the ones from the factory were probably going to be strong quality anyway. 

http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/psu-accessories-1/professional-individually-sleeved-dc-cable-kit-type-3-generation-2-red.html

So in my system, behind the motherboard tray is horrible, but the other side is kinda clean (Haven't got a good picture :( ) I like to think my cable management is average. Some of the systems being posted in here are beautiful btw :)

DSC_0425.jpg

What does the other side look like sir?

Yea I feel you. I don't understand the cost of the cables quite honestly The newer AX model power supplies have it pretty rough in terms of cost for cables. Honestly I would give them a call and see what the cost would be like shipping wise I'm sure they would be able to tell you. For me I had it easy 30 some odd dollars for a full set of sleeved cables yes please! And I didn't want to sleeve my own cables when the ones from the factory were probably going to be strong quality anyway. 

http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/psu-accessories-1/professional-individually-sleeved-dc-cable-kit-type-3-generation-2-red.html

its like 80 dollar for the cables and then i don't even have the 24 pin connector what is another 20 dollar...

i understand its better then the normal cables and it's a premium product but 100 dollar???

its like 80 dollar for the cables and then i don't even have the 24 pin connector what is another 20 dollar...

i understand its better then the normal cables and it's a premium product but 100 dollar???

basically what corsair is trying to do is to get you to just buy the PSUs that come with it at that point.

taping those cables together sure looked like a mighty undertaking

basically what corsair is trying to do is to get you to just buy the PSUs that come with it at that point.

maybe, but do they sell a PSU with red sleeved cables?

Yea I understand that absolutely. It is just beyond weird to me because I got my 24 pin and everything else I needed for 30 dollars which is a steal. I don't know why the newer corsair power supplies cables are so expensive maybe when they release the next series of power supply cables the price will come down. I know they had a promo code for the 4th of July in the states that brought down the price by 30 percent. Essentially bringing the price down to 70 dollars but even so that is still pretty damn expensive for replacement cables. 

I haven't seen that. However that would probably come at a pretty costly premium I would imagine. 

and the worst part is i bought an AX860 PSU what costed me 160 EURO so...

not that I know of and thinking about it that wouldnt be the best idea as its not neutral. If your going for aesthetics dont could on it being cheap. I would say unless you have the extra money to spare black cables look plenty, though I am way more about functionality than looks. This doesnt mean I cant appreciate good looks, or when good looks come together on their own ill take it, but i would never lessen functionality or not use a certain component that I like better or is superior just because of looks.

and the worst part is i bought an AX860 PSU what costed me 160 EURO so...

Yea I absolutely agree with you there. When I suggest a AX power supply typically will go with the 750, 850 or the 1200 for that reason. You could always go with sleeved extensions but I know that isn't what you want. Corsair needs to get there act together such a price disparity for something that shouldn't cost what it does.