Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

HrAsCRJ.jpg?1

But... You have rubber grommets and space... Why would you do such a thing.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

possibly because lots of people dont care. I know I dont do it to look good but ease of swapping parts, keeping stuff out of things, and better air flow.

Probably its because they just want to run their build right away as cable management may take a while.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Probably its because they just want to run their build right away as cable management may take a while.

yep I would have to agree there on it taking a while. If its your first build I can understand wanting to get it running right away but you should really slow down and take your time itll pay off in the long run.

@TBone01 those look like some sketch builds man

Looks like mine lol.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

• 1 month later...

very very very clean build I like it! Where is the SLi bridge though? Do you one one of the cards for dedicated physx?

Thanks alot :) Well I just completed the cable management but forgot the SLI bridge (which was added after I took the picture ;) )

Oh, haven't you two heard? They have wireless SLI now. No bridges required.

image1003.png

These aren't too bad...

image1002.png

image1001.png

When you see it, you'll laugh your arse off.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Rig.jpg

Joining in the fun with my BEST CABLE MANAGEMENT EVER

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

My second time doing cable management... In a crappy case with no cable management holes:)

post-21513-0-73162500-1377940966.jpg

I'm loving all the ghetto-mounted fans. 

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Well, I was always a freak of managing my cables, even 2 maybe 3 years ago with my old PC. 

system.jpg

What do you think of that Ghetto HDD mount? Loving them green zip-ties ^^ 

Well, I was always a freak of managing my cables, even 2 maybe 3 years ago with my old PC. 

system.jpg

Oh god, that orange PCB

post-19981-0-29386500-1377972183.jpg

Oh god, that orange PCB

It was 3 years ago, and I didn't like it either xD Now I have a nice black gigabyte PCB, pics in the setups thread. 

After about 2 hours of OCD-like managing this was the result:

attachicon.gifimage (1).jpeg

Sleeve dem cables!!!!!!

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

HrAsCRJ.jpg?1

PC Abuse is punishable by death you know? by linus law

#LESBOBRICKS

I was browsing trough some second hand pc-s and I found this beauty

ae6c02bb16489f6e21ea3fe2e6e1f10c-93781-7

Poor pc

I am going to buy the owner of this pc a can of compressed air and a bag of zip ties

#LESBOBRICKS

Some people just don't care

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

system.jpg

That is really well done.

My 1155 rig(been through several iterations)

900x900px-LL-2acc8733_11032012179.jpeg

900x900px-LL-1406f46d_P4VeTCf.jpeg

900x900px-LL-1b4e74b0_ptfD4S3.jpeg

AT1KIMc.jpg

EBknVeW.jpg

My AM3 Dragon rig with only 1 7770 installed:

900x900px-LL-f3aa499f_9hnryw9.jpeg

900x900px-LL-a03a8f6a_FlAlLgD.jpeg

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

He / She who cannot manage cables even in the slightest should be dealt with appropriately: A backhand to the face and the treatment of someone who thinks consoles are better than PC's.

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Guys, you ain't seen nothing yet; Before the invention of SATA, I give you this:

cpdWN8o.jpg

Fantabulous cable management ftw.

Now this really is compatible with Windows 95!

The specs: 

Intel Celeron from the year 1999 (CPU is on a daughter board)

Highpoint IDE card

ATI Radeon card from the dawn of time

An MPEG playback card

32 whole Megabytes of RAM

Floppy Drive

2x CD (only) drives

160w PSU

4GB HDD

Bought it for £20 about 5 years ago for the Open Golf tournament in Hoylake (as a guest PC). The parts are from when manufacturing in China wasn't a thing.

Compatible with Windows 95

Guys, you ain't seen nothing yet; Before the invention of SATA, I give you this:

Fantabulous cable management ftw.

Now this really is compatible with Windows 95!

Guys, you have to remember that back in the day most of the components were passively cooled and components stayed relatively cool. There was no need for high airflow.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

Guys, you have to remember that back in the day most of the components were passively cooled and components stayed relatively cool. There was no need for high airflow.

Yeah, I watched a Computer Chronicles from the time when a 486 was brand new... they said you may need a 200w+ PSU for it :P

Compatible with Windows 95

Some of these are making me cringe alittle....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B