Hardline Tubing with Soft Tubing Fittings

Go to solution Solved by HM-2,
2 hours ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

moral of the story keep the insert in until you are 100 % sure the bend is right otherwise it will kink and look super jank-y

Moral of the story is buy the right equipment in the first place, and use it properly.

20 hours ago, For Science! said:

Just don't connect the two GPU's in a serial/parallel flow. You have a distroplate, use it. Use angled fittings so that they aren't connected to eachother so that at least its not crooked.

At this point there are so many f***ed up things about your system that means that no single suggestion from anybody is going to make it look good. The starting point is just too bad, I'll be looking forward to what kind of miracle you manage to pull off.

pretty much every loop ever seen in sli has them connected ... My hard tubes were not long enough to do the distro properly .... It will look very sick when I am done with it .. I ordered all the proper parts this time ... and proper tube bending tools.... so all my bends should be spot on.... 

its funny how hostile people get over a pc lol ... 

So final thoughts are ... I already ordered 4 angled fittings from China about two months ago... I am waiting for them ... Dual Gpu's in Vertically mounted in this case is SUPER tight .They are as close to the board as I can get them .. I am not buying another Gpu Block, However, When I redo the system, whenever I get all the parts in I am going to figure out a way to make the GpU'S  level OR at least the front one  ...

I am Probably going to do two separate loops ... 1 x 360 rad for the GPU's and 1 x 360 Rad for the CPU ..

Use the Res on the gpu loop and put behind the motherboard with a pump

My other Idea was mounting one Gpu Behind the motherboard, but for that i would need a 16" riser cable and atleast a 10" flexible sli bridge.. This would allow for me to properly mount the good gpu block and make it level and I have 2 Nvme Waterblocks that i cannot use because of clearance issues ... 

15 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

pretty much every loop ever seen in sli has them connected

Yes, but unlike you, pretty much every sli loop uses matching graphics cards and matching GPUs .__."

16 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

It will look very sick when I am done with it

Don't worry, it looks pretty sickly already.

Looking forward to when you actually do it right.

9 hours ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

I am Probably going to do two separate loops ... 1 x 360 rad for the GPU's and 1 x 360 Rad for the CPU ..

Use the Res on the gpu loop and put behind the motherboard with a pump

What's the rationale behind this? Generally dual loops are completely pointless, simply adding complexity, cost and additional points of failure over a single loop with no tangible gain in performance. Usually they're done for aesthetic reasons but if you're hiding half of one behind the motherboard tray you won't even really get that benefit. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

On 7/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, For Science! said:

Yes, but unlike you, pretty much every sli loop uses matching graphics cards and matching GPUs .__."

Don't worry, it looks pretty sickly already.

Looking forward to when you actually do it right.

I have exact matched cards, just different GPU Blocks

I was thinking dual loops to give my cpu a single triple rad for over clocking ...I am looking to get my cpu to 4.0ghz with very low temps .... My gpu temps at in the 30's on idle and 50's low 60's on max .... my cpu temps are little high though for my taste ..  

14 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

I was thinking dual loops to give my cpu a single triple rad for over clocking ...I am looking to get my cpu to 4.0ghz with very low temps .... My gpu temps at in the 30's on idle and 50's low 60's on max .... my cpu temps are little high though for my taste ..  

You won't get measurably lower temperatures with a dual loop over a single. I would suggest that poor CPU temps are likely to be caused by something else.

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

LOL, the amount of herd mobbing in this thread is almost funny...

Let's face it, people: if it was about "making sense" then the advice would be not to do any custom loop. One doesn't do it for efficiency or "sense", but will. Therefore, the whole point is for the build to submit to the will of the author, not for the author to submit to rules and folk's wisdom.

I say: OP, you do you and try your best to get away with whatever arbitrary decision you are inclined to make regarding your rig. Just make sure you are doing it for the sake of it, and not for performance or any other goal you can achieve with less money and time ;) 

On 7/9/2020 at 11:23 AM, HM-2 said:

You won't get measurably lower temperatures with a dual loop over a single. I would suggest that poor CPU temps are likely to be caused by something else.

yes my cpu either has a bad mount or needs a reapply of thermal compound ... my gpu temps hit the 40's on max sli gaming... 

although my cpu is hitting 90c on cinebench.. I ordered new thermal compound ... some 90 degree fittings for one of my rads, cpu, and gpu ... 

I am still wanting to mount one gpu behind my motherboard as it has plently of space to do so ... the pci 8 pin will not be an issue, it will be the sli bridge being long enough and the riser cable .... Any thoughts 

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811112583?Description=lian li dynamic pc-011&cm_re=lian_li dynamic pc-011-_-11-112-583-_-Product&quicklink=true

I have removed my hard drive bay as I have a 2tb Nvme and 250 gb nvme boot drive and i put the psu in the top mount ... so if you look at the pic, i can put a gpu right under the psu ... 

Custom Riser cable and custom length sli cable .. any ideas ???   

18 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

yes my cpu either has a bad mount or needs a reapply of thermal compound ... 

What CPU? Overclock? Voltage?

18 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

I am still wanting to mount one gpu behind my motherboard 

How are you going to connect the two? I know you say "custom length SLI cable" but I'm totally unaware of the existence of such a thing. I also expect it would introduce unacceptably high levels of latency between the two cards, effectively breaking how SLI functions.

4 hours ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

yes my cpu either has a bad mount or needs a reapply of thermal compound ... my gpu temps hit the 40's on max sli gaming... 

although my cpu is hitting 90c on cinebench.. I ordered new thermal compound ... some 90 degree fittings for one of my rads, cpu, and gpu ... 

Welp, maybe @SpaceGhostC2C can help out as OP clearly cares about the performance aspect. I personally only care about the aesthetic and noise aspects of custom cooling, so can't/won't offer help with this. 

i saw a built Linus did where the cards were one on top of another and it appears they took 2 sli cables and joined them somehow ... like it was mentioned i am not sure how the performance would hold up either ...