First video of Linus' you ever saw?

alex_vandyke

my first LTT video that hooked me in:

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

It was 

Asus GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II Unboxing & Review

:D

The Techquickie about power supplies.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

My first LTT video was the CM storm scout unboxing. It convinced me to buy a CM storm case (not the scout, I got the enforcer instead because I didn't need the handle).

So we can all thank Linus for telling us about cool tech things for those of us who are too lazy to find them ourselves.

Will Barnes

Radeon Master Race Club Member

it was this one. :)

kinda funny, i thought he was gay for the first few videos until i realized that it was just his voice :P

https://youtu.be/roFb3TNePIg?list=PL8mG-RkN2uTwlcLU_rv29Gt4578XfgJm_

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I was debating with myself whether it was more worth watercooling my GPUs or just upgrading (the main issue at the time was heat and throttling in Tomb Raider 2013 when playing on the highest preset, with TressFX at 120fps...well more like 90, but whatever) so I was researching the actual process of installing a waterblock and a custom loop in general, and that's how I stumbled on LTT.

My first was way back when he did the portable usb shaver like 6 years ago, he needed to shave to go to one of his friends who "was actually succesful with his life and graduated university" Who now looking back I think was probably luke. But I never really subscribed until 2 years ago and didnt get on the forum till recently

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

I can't remember when or what but I do remember that his voice sounded like a hyena whose testes hadn't dropped yet. I now believe it was just sucky audio

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

My first video was the NZXT Switch 810 review

AKA Link0712 on Twitch/WAN Show

So i was borrowing my brothers computer and I noticed it was getting a tad dusty inside. So after realising i had no idea how to clean it out i youtubed about removing dust and Linus popped up. Next thing i know im watching old NCIX videos teaching me the foundations that i needed to know to maintain my current PC tiddles....

It is hard for me to sit down and watch a video being the hyperactive girl i am but i have no problem watching a LTT one.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

if with suscribe you mean to the youtube channel...then a lot.I voted for less than two months for the register in this forum.Can anyone change it if it is posible?

Thanks in advance

Wow I have no idea... was probably a case video around 5 years ago

I think it was an NCIX video

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

Pretty curious about the first time you saw a video from Linus. Mine was his review on the Razer Ouroboros and then the second was about the tech tool bag.

Same here just came to his Razer Ouroboros vid

i think it was a tuniq tower cooler

Yep, that was his actual first video

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

The first video I saw of linus was of his review of the XFX Radeon HD 7850. 

Its the card that's still in my system to this day. 

Subscribed right after buying the card. 

Bad memory, will forget, therefore I can't remember, sorry. :blush:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Linus broke into YouTube, whoa? :o

:P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I honestly have no idea what and when

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Can't remember what video it was that I saw first but the first video from him when I had just subscribed was the office tour.

It was his gtx 580 review, I'll never forget that video.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

This was the first video of his I ever watched, I came across him by searching around looking at Z87 boards on youtube

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ