First video of Linus' you ever saw?

alex_vandyke

I can't get the link but I'm pretty sure it was the surround monitor one, I think he was using gtx 580s

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

So I take it that my post got merged with this one since It has my poll on it now... That's a bunch of bull.

In 2011/2012, cant remember what video byt he was still at NCIX with masked camera man.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

When I started researching my new computer build around X-mas 2012.  I was looking to replace my old Asus gaming laptop with a desktop and tried finding some product reviews about some of the parts I was interested in.  I cam across a video with this quirky/funny guy on the NCIX channel and didn't give it much thought.  Actually, the first video I saw (wish I could remember which one exactly) was borderline annoying to watch.  The information must have been good though because I went on to find more videos featuring (whom I'd later learn his name) Linus.  After the second or third video I subbed to NCIX, then found techquickie and linustechtips.  The quirkyness of Linus that I first found annoying is now what I like most about him because it's not faked.  Sure, he probably has a different "camera" persona than IRL, but I'd venture to say he's not too much different.  It's the same reason I like Paul and Jay too.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

I watched 3-4 videos many years ago, didn't really realize what I had stumbled upon. Fast-foward a few years and I saw some of his videos, enjoyed it, and became part of the community.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Was a build log probably about 2 3/4 years ago, been hooked ever since. 

it was some tech quicky video a little over a year ago.... the one where it looks like he jumped off a wall or something like that... i dont remember

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

This was the first video I saw from Linus.

But in this one Linus looks so cute :3, it makes me want to give him some socks and sandals xD.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I had no idea of what it was, but I was interested.

almost bought one when I had my first build, but got titan instead

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

4-3 years ago to both. Also a long(ish) time forum-lurker before signing up just a few months ago...

CPU Intel Core i5 3470  |  Motherboard ASRock B75 Pro-3M  |  RAM 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ares F3-1600  |  GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Case Corsair Carbide 500R (White)  |  Storage 24GB Kingston UV400 SSD + 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD  |  PSU Antec HCG-520  |  Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper 212X

Display 23" LG IPS234V + 21.5" Asus VE228H  |  Keyboard Razer Black Widow (2010)  |  Mouse Roccat Kone Pure  |  Audio Logitech Z313 + Astro A40 Headset

I've watched his vids for a long time and just now decided to subscribe

I think I remember Linus had a different hair color and big ear ring things, lol. Bless Him!

I think video about hard drive when he still work at ncix

PC Spec :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G  ; Motherboard : MSI B450 A-Pro MAX ; RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX White 2 x 8Gb

GPU : Sapphire RX 5500 XT 8GB Pulse ; PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W, 80+Gold ; SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 250GB ; HDD 2 x WD Blue 1TB 3.5" ; Toshiba 1TB 2.5"

My first video watched from him was 2.5 months ago, while I was in the process of assembling my first-ever build.

Yup.

Still can't believe something as trivial as the back IO plate for the motherboard got to me. 

Also,

I've binge-watched his videos until I've seen all the AFAPs while in bed and while pooping.

I watched his techquickie on hyperthreading, that led to a video about the difference in i3, i5, i7, that led the difference between AMD and Intel, and finished off with me watching one of his NCIX build guides and subscribing to both LTT and NCIX.

FOR THE WAFFLES!!!

Corsair 250d case review

CPU: i7 4790K Cooler: Corsair H55i Mobo: ASUS Z97M-PLUS Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB Storage: Samsung SM951 128GB m.2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD GPU: Asus STRIX 970 GTX PSU: Seasonic 550w Gold Case: Corsair 350D

I've been watching him for suuper long, I feel like it's been more than 4 years but I only know for sure that it was 4 years so I put that, but I feel like it's so cool that we get to see a piece of his life almost every day, I don't know it's just that watching his videos seem like more than I'm just there for the information, he and the whole LMG provide a watching experience that is just enjoyable bottom line.

I've been knowing him since I decided to upgrade my computer for gaming, way back then in 2009 when I didn't know a darn thing about computer hardware and my parents refused to buy me a ps3 or an xbox360 at the time, but accepted to let me upgrade the computer. I remember the frustration when I faced the huge amount of new concepts, but Linus and other people made it a little bit easier, and I really liked it.

I blame upon him that I am now passionate about computer stuff.

But it's been so long that I can not remember exactly the first video I watched. However I think one of the first might be about a cpu cooler (maybe a noctua one) unboxed in "the Park", but I don't seem to be able to find it. At least I can remember clearly the feeling of perplexity seeing someone unboxing pc hardware on a park.   :lol:

And yes, I sometimes miss cameraman... snif

The first would have to be the video of the 2014 holiday buying guide. I was building my first computer and found a wealth of info on his channels. 

My first Linus video was about the Linksys Wireless Extender

It was uploaded in Dec 2011 and I probably watched it about Feb/March 2012 (just before easter) searching to make my wifi better for a visiting family member. 

I don't think I subscribed straight away (I think I subscribed a couple months later) though I did watch a lot of his other videos at that time.

Considering I've heard some people say that they don't like his voice, I actually found it soothing during a troubled time which is what drew me in.

I don't remember what the first video was, but i know it was one of his case unboxings.  After the first one i being watched all of his videos and subscribed.  

Top Hat=Classy Monocle=Villain  Top Hat+Monocle=Mr Peanut 

I watched this then went ahead and purchased the monitor for the PC i was building at the time :)