Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced

hal9001

From anandtech.com

"Every year Samsung launches a new Galaxy S flagship smartphone, and as always, Samsung puts the best platform that can be bought in their devices. The Galaxy S5 is no exception, as the MSM8974AC, or Snapdragon 801, powers the Galaxy S5."

Full article at: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7768/galaxy-s5-initial-thoughts

Enjoy your new phone Samsung fans! (:

You mean the "Galaxy s4s"

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

You are kinda late.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

My god. This forum keeps saying error and I am forced to repost. It said error 7. I refreshed the page and it reposted. Fix this bug!!!!!

Looks like shit I will take LG G2 over this every day.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No front facing speakers do not want. Not metal either?

Nope.jpg

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

You are kinda late.

that was like 20 minutes after it was posted on anandtech.....

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

...checks the interface... looks at my S4... meh

...checks the specs.... looks at my S4... meh

...wait! IP67 certification? cool!

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

No front facing speakers do not want. Not metal either?

Nope.jpg

HTC one fanboy much?  :)

HTC_One_360_Wide.png

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This is what I said 3 days ago:

79aYZ.png

They copy Apple blatantly. Got 2 things predicted correctly.

I'm not saying Apple was the first with gold coloured phones, or finger print sensor the more important points are that

• Samsung has introduced gold colour availability AFTER Apple had released the 5s. Why don't they do it before them?
  • I don't think any other phone has a finger print sensor on the home button itself before the 5s, so once again, Samsung copies and puts a fingerprint sensor on the home button

Im surprised that there was no dual flash or even a 64 bit processor!

A fingerprint scanner that you have to swipe your finger over just like the ones that have been in some laptops for years. I bet it works just as terrible as the laptop ones did. Guess they are treating is just as another spec checkbox and didn't put any thought into the implementation, typical Samsung.

A fingerprint scanner that you have to swipe your finger over just like the ones that have been in some laptops for years. I bet it works just as terrible as the laptop ones did. Guess they are treating is just as another spec checkbox and didn't put any thought into the implementation, typical Samsung.

Yes and whoever bashes Apple, at least they put some thought into the device and not just slap any new specs/components into the device like Samsung

You are kinda late.

Late to the party but I can't find an actual tech news thread so I guess you got it.

What is the point in either of these posts? If there's a repost then link it.

Holding your hand around your phone to listen to a video is ridiculous.

Apple came out with nice feeling metal phones ages and ages before the HTC one. My plasticky gs3 is a great phone, but the exterior leaves a lot to be desired that I shouldn't have to compromise on when paying their exorbitant prices.

HTC one fanboy much? :)

HTC_One_360_Wide.png

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

i admit, I'm a HTC fanboy.

BUT

BUT

Is Samsung going to be the King of useless features again? Are there more fitness trackers, look-scrolling and gesture controls?

i hope the new One gets a 8MP Ultrapixel camera. It would have the potential to whoop the S5's 16 MP camera. 

And as I said before, 1080p remains. 1440p is just a bit too much for a phone screen. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

What is the point in either of these posts? If there's a repost then link it.

Its discussed everywhere on the forum but there was no actual tech news thread...

Yes and whoever bashes Apple, at least they put some thought into the device and not just slap any new specs/components into the device like Samsung

fanboy-alert_design.png

You must also think Apple is innovative...

Holding your hand around your phone to listen to a video is ridiculous.

Apple came out with nice feeling metal phones ages and ages before the HTC one. My plasticky gs3 is a great phone, but the exterior leaves a lot to be desired that I shouldn't have to compromise on when paying their exorbitant prices.

Yeah I like my Moto X. No front facing speaker, but the rear one is loud, and its made of nice carbon fiber looking stuff with a nice feel to it. Feels very non samsung galaxy S plastic.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

"Yes and whoever bashes Apple, at least they put some thought into the device and not just slap any new specs/components into the device like Samsung"- solosdk

fanboy-alert_design.png

You must also think Apple is innovative...

Yeah Id have to dissagree with first quote and agree with second. Sure they make a pretty looking phone, but who makes a phone out of glass!! Ik the new iphones rnt made of glass anymore but still, all iphones are very breakable. So you need to cover your pretty phone with a big case.

I was like scared, that when the S5 came out with a curved around the edge screen and a metal chassis I'd have to pay for a phone for the first time in my life [more than 1$ that is]. But it's basically a S4, with a nicer back. And no official google ROM. No worries here.

I hope they'll have a Xperia Z Ultra [GE] update somewhen near the end of the year ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...