Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced

hal9001

Yes and whoever bashes Apple, at least they put some thought into the device and not just slap any new specs/components into the device like Samsung

You are such an Apple fanboy. Samsung puts thought into their phones, as does Apple, and for you to say people shouldn't bash Apple - who are you to bash Samsung?

"The internet is a series of tubes"

You are such an Apple fanboy. Samsung puts thought into their phones, as does Apple, and for you to say people shouldn't bash Apple - who are you to bash Samsung?

Im not an Apple fanboy, I have a HTC One.

"Yes and whoever bashes Apple, at least they put some thought into the device and not just slap any new specs/components into the device like Samsung"- solosdk

Yeah Id have to dissagree with first quote and agree with second. Sure they make a pretty looking phone, but who makes a phone out of glass!! Ik the new iphones rnt made of glass anymore but still, all iphones are very breakable. So you need to cover your pretty phone with a big case.

I have a HTC One. I'm not an Apple fanboy. I have stated before in other threads that HTC and Apple can make good quality phones, which means im not biased in any way. I realise that Samsung doesn't even make good phones.

For the record htc did the metal thing a while ago with the HTC Legend just throwing it out there. And i would not be surprised if someone had done it even b4 that.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

I have a HTC One. I'm not an Apple fanboy. I have stated before in other threads that HTC and Apple can make good quality phones, which means im not biased in any way. I realise that Samsung doesn't even make good phones.

Not even the note 3??, i hate Samsung but man that is a good phone.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Not even the note 3??, i hate Samsung but man that is a good phone.

The Note 3 is ok-ish, but can't touch HTC or Apple when it comes to design. HTC should definitely dethrone Samsung

The Note 3 is ok-ish, but can't touch HTC or Apple when it comes to design. HTC should definitely dethrone Samsung

HTC wont be dethroning Samsung any time soon. Samsung is too big and as such will have a far bigger budget for advertising which makes all the difference.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

FYI most phones with a flash have a heart rate monitor similar to what the S5 here has, you just need to get an app that does it, there are a few of these apps on both iOS and Android. Far as I can tell the S5 works the exact same way as those do, just with a small camera sensor dedicated to the task.

Samsung has gotten an Apple-like fanbase now and this iteration of Galaxy 'S' is so similar how apple treats it's 's' series - a small update over the previous phone.

I'm actually glad as an S4 user because there isn't much to feel bad about by having a 'previous' generation phone.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

honestly i think its one of the uglier phones out at the moment. incredibly underwhelming

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

the galaxy 4S(ame)

snapdragon 801 is not the best, 805 is

sony and lg rise !

I am very underwhelmed.

It doesn't even have 3GB of RAM which I thought would be obvious. Snapdragon 801 is alright but not the same wow feeling as Snapdragon 600 was. The camera is interesting. Wish they would have increased the pixel size instead of resolution though.

Even the Xperia Z2 seems better than this.

The Note 4 will probably be much much better. Cortex A57,64bit,4GB of RAM... What the S5 should have been.

If the HTC M8 also uses the Snapdragon 801 then I have kind of lost hope for both of them. It's just not enough time until we get far superior things. It's basically outdated by the time it is released.

I don't own a Samsung, I own a Xperia Z but I thought there was going to be a new design from Samsung? I think Samsung have slipped up here, I hope now companies like LG, and Sony can become top players in the Smartphone area.

IP67 certificated and bigger battery with the black and white power save mode has sparked my interest. I was happy with the S4 specs as is, but wanted an IP rating for water like the Sony and Sammy Active had. I guess I have found my next mobile.
The removable back and battery still push me towards this though. Shame the HTC two or one2 or whatever it is called looks better. S5,not the best looking phone but practical, I am fine with that.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

HTC will hold their own conference for the HTC 1.2, HTC2 or whatever (It's gonna be another Xbox one xD) Which is a smart move by them, they can wait till MWC has blown over and hype up their phone without any one else stealing the spot light. Still a little let down with the S5.

Samsung...more like Samesung,or even Shamesung.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

what where is the 64bit processor the aluminum back and the 2560x1440 display? wtf ive never seen so much speculation about things and then they not happen and didnt samsung say they will have a 64bit processor in the s5 ages ago? wtf is going on :S

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s5-rom-bit-monster-taking-nearly-8gb-storage

I highly advice anyone who purchases this phone to wipe everything off it and flash a slimmed version of Cyanogenmod or even LiquidSmooth on it. (When supported)

Going from 8GB of wasted space to a ROM only using 200mb on average is like magic.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Things aren't going well for Samsung, thats a huuuuuge amount.

Honestly you're better off passing on this gen of phones. I mean... Have you looked at the S5? Just sat and looked at it? It's really quite ugly, and I'm not fond of it at all. 

I'm going to wait with my iPhone 5 for the new HTC One2 (or whatever it's called) to come out. There's something to get hype about.

//ccap

Honestly you're better off passing on this gen of phones. I mean... Have you looked at the S5? Just sat and looked at it? It's really quite ugly, and I'm not fond of it at all. 

I'm going to wait with my iPhone 5 for the new HTC One2 (or whatever it's called) to come out. There's something to get hype about.

Yeah the S5 is ugly, the Z2 looks nice but it's not worth upgrading from a Z1 or Z Ultra, but I said on my Z2 thread that with Samsung slipping up maybe this is a way for Sony to finally get a decent foot in the market, not just Sony but LG too, they seem to be behind, Apple, Samsung and HTC at the moment.

Yeah the S5 is ugly, the Z2 looks nice but it's not worth upgrading from a Z1 or Z Ultra, but I said on my Z2 thread that with Samsung slipping up maybe this is a way for Sony to finally get a decent foot in the market, not just Sony but LG too, they seem to be behind, Apple, Samsung and HTC at the moment.

Even then... Apple isn't really doing anything too exceptional. Sure, they threw in a 64-bit OS into a small phone, big deal. It doesn't have enough RAM to fully encase the advantages of a 64-bit architecture anyways. The main advantage between 32bit and 64 bit is how they handle the RAM. 32-bit doesn't like anything over 3 Gigabytes and the 5S has 1 Gigabyte. Sure, there are a few other advantages I'm missing but I don't understand the need for 64-bit right now. The only reason they did it was to say that they did it first. (imo)

//ccap

Even then... Apple isn't really doing anything too exceptional. Sure, they threw in a 64-bit OS into a small phone, big deal. It doesn't have enough RAM to fully encase the advantages of a 64-bit architecture anyways. The main advantage between 32bit and 64 bit is how they handle the RAM. 32-bit doesn't like anything over 3 Gigabytes and the 5S has 1 Gigabyte. Sure, there are a few other advantages I'm missing but I don't understand the need for 64-bit right now. The only reason they did it was to say that they did it first. (imo)

I wouldn't disagree with you, right now I don't think there is a need for 64 bit mobile OS but the sooner it comes the better I don't see how it can hurt anyone having it. Also yes Apple isn't doing too much right now but if you ask any one outside the world of gadgets and tech who makes smart phones, the first names will be Iphone (I guess they mean Apple ;]) And Samsung. Even if they both aren't doing much at the moment.

A newgen phone?

Boring. I still prefer the Nexus 4 and HTC One aesthetically, the power doesn't seem like a big jump over existing phones, and I don't even like Samsung features.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.