Linus And Hus Internet Problems. Please Read Linus

geforceftw

Do you know what is causing your internet problems? And have you thought about a business connection or do you have one? Just trying to help you fix livestream problems.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

First thing would be higher connection speed and an SLA wound be crazy expensive. 

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

He said that he thinks his ISP is throttling him. 

CPU: Intel I5 2500k Cooling:  Custom Loop 200mm+240mm Rad XSPC CPU block + XSPC Titan Block GPU: Zotac 780 MoBo: ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 PSU: Corsiar AX750 Storage: 2x Samsung F3 1Tb 1x Seagate 3TB  1x 128GB SSD Case: Corsair 600t (White)

Then he should sign up for a business contract yeah, they're usually not that much more expensive if you're not signing up for an SLA.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

my isp throttles netflix, if you just have netflix up on a pc with nothing playing and run speedtest on a completley computer our dl drops from 35mbps to like 15mbps, and if torrenting at 300kbps it drops to less than 5 down and 1 up

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

im currently using the fastest plan of telus

also here in vancouver

i might move to shaw because of their much better speeds and buisness plans with a static ip

(so i can run my servers)

but the 250 down 25 up is about $350 a month...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

LinusMediaGroup are moving to a new location soon so the internet issue might not be a problem at the new location.  He is probably happy to put up with it for now

LinusMediaGroup are moving to a new location soon so the internet issue might not be a problem at the new location.  He is probably happy to put up with it for now

and it seemed to run somewhat fine when it was 720p

Its all about those volumetric clouds

i know

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

First thing would be higher connection speed and an SLA wound be crazy expensive. 

business connections arent that expensive some are 50 to 100% more expensive per month which isnt alot if you pay 50$

business connections arent that expensive some are 50 to 100% more expensive per month which isnt alot if you pay 50$

I would think the amount of bandwidth linus is using he is spending alot more then $50 a month

I don't mind watching the stream at 720p. But i find it weird that his ISP might be throttling him for streaming. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I don't mind watching the stream at 720p. But i find it weird that his ISP might be throttling him for streaming. 

No, 720p is console style. 

1080p and above FTW.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

I don't mind if i watch in 320p mobile style.  B)

No, 720p is console style. 

1080p and above FTW.

It's nice, yes. But would you rather 720p or no stream because it keeps being throttled?

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

He either has Plan A (250 down 15 up for $115) or Plan B (100 down 5 up for $85). Those are the prices here in BC. Business plans for Plan A are $360 while Plan B is $260. So it is quite the jump in price but you also get a larger cap.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

afew other people I watch on twitch has the same problem - if there upload is higher then say 5mb/s over the time of an hour or something they will be throttled down to 1mb/s which makes it unstreamable

after a timeout of an hour or so its fine again

truthfully 720p is fine for streaming unless your on fibre you cant really watch 1080 stream anyways

How come it would be throttled down after an hour or so?

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

from what i understand from other twitch people saying is its a way the provider's make sure everyone gets a even share.

if your running twitch at 1080 its going to be reducing the speeds for your neighbor's ... I think ?

I watch @360p hahaha. My connection is 1.75/0.40 hahaha, now its 0.17/0.21 for 2 weeks! Crappy ISPs in the Ph.

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

Same here,my isp is throttling youtube. My speed constantly at 37.2kb non stop. Cant even watch in 240p unless i use vpn

I don't mind if i watch in 320p mobile style. B)

Ye boi! 320's where is at!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I would think the amount of bandwidth linus is using he is spending alot more then $50 a month

Probably I just said 50 as a round number.