Girl proffessional overclocker

Hey guys, my dream is to overclock like a pro? Can you offer me good benchmarking programs?

32D6214A-9FA6-44EB-8203-893056BEB860.jpeg

Hello, welcome to here.

Benchmark programs you say?

Well.. 3D Mark, Cinebench, Heaven, Superposition, PC Mark and Real Bench? The first 4 I use myself.

4 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Hello, welcome to here.

Benchmark programs you say?

Well.. 3D Mark, Cinebench, Heaven, Superposition, PC Mark and Real Bench? The first 4 I use myself.

I was using heaven but last time i had strange results when i was overclocking my 1080 ti 

You'll need this:

https://benchmate.org/

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

8 minutes ago, Gabby Tech said:

I was using heaven but last time i had strange results when i was overclocking my 1080 ti 

I mostly just use it to roughly find the highest "stable" core clock on video cards. In other words add core frequency until Heaven crashes. After that I use Rockstar games to find what is truly stable because GTA V and RDR 2 crash easily if something is not stable.

IF I go for simply benchmark stable however I just do the same in 3D Mark until that crashes. :P

3 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

I mostly just use it to roughly find the highest "stable" core clock on video cards. In other words add core frequency until Heaven crashes. After that I use Rockstar games to find what is truly stable because GTA V and RDR 2 crash easily if something is not stable.

IF I go for simply benchmark stable however I just do the same in 3D Mark until that crashes. :P

Oh the rdr 2 benchmark loads so slow 😀 

Just now, Gabby Tech said:

Oh the rdr 2 benchmark loads so slow 😀 

No I just game until they crash. Rockstar crashes fast so if it don't crash for a session I assume it's stable. 😁

1. Gender to gain attention.

They forgot that in the rule book.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

Unigine, heaven or superposition. 

Are we benchmarking CPU too? Cinebench R20

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Gabby Tech said:

my dream is to overclock like a pro?

Are you trying to find the maximum overclock, or the maximum stable overclock?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

2 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Are you trying to find the maximum overclock, or the maximum stable overclock?

Another question, are you trying to get into REAL pro overclokcing?
gskill-hwbot-overclock-kit-cinebench-r15

Either way, good to see another entusiast wanting to learn the craft.Though things are easier these days compared back to when I started (2008).

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

< content removed by staff >

11 hours ago, Gabby Tech said:

Hey guys, my dream is to overclock like a pro? Can you offer me good benchmarking programs?

Depends on what you consider overclocking.  

There are many who only consider it overclocking if you are using a flashy and elaborate cooling solution to drive the CPU way beyond its base and boost clocks in a way which it was not designed to do.  Those people have money to burn if they destroy their computer. 

The most important thing you need for overclocking is a CPU which is unlocked and able to be overclocked.  Also the most important thing you need to overclock your CPU is a strong CPU cooler.  

For example look at a statistic called the TDP  of the CPU... and the TDP of the cooler you have.  If the TDP of the cooler is higher than the TDP of the CPU then that is good for overclocking.  The real danger from overclocking is your CPU could melt down.    Meaning become overheated to the point that the circuit is irreparably damaged.  

Watercooling is not required as long as you have a good air-cooling setup.  

The simplest way to get more out of your CPU without damaging it is to buy one that has unlocked clocks a very high boost clock and then give it a generous cooling solution.    The CPU will then effectively overclock itself and then throttle back if it is getting too hot without any danger of frying your expensive components. 

From there it gets a lot harder.  There  are more advanced air coolers, watercooling, Chilled water cooling, and liquid nitrogen cooling.    All of which allow even more overclocking because they are more radical forms of cooling. 

That is what little I know of it.  Never did those more advanced things because I never needed to.    My humble little laptop a Intel core i7 has been able to be constantly at boost simply by being on a stand that gives it really good airflow.  

The clocks are higher thus it is overclocked.  

What most of the information you find will be about isn't really the overclocking of the CPU but of the cooling of it.   The actual overclocking is either a BIOS setting or as I've said a matter of the CPU boosting due to having the cooling to do sol. 

image.thumb.png.63c68c1b9eeddb76c45cf662149d80df.png

So that's 157% higher.  The load was running the game Atilla Total War.  That has been all I have needed not only to game but also to do scientific calculations.   Not bragging or whatever just saying one can accomplish a lot without going to the trouble of doing much more.  

Plus I may have won the silicon lottery with this CPU.  

TLDR:  To be a professional overclocker in the sense most people think of learn all you can about watercooling, chilled water cooling, and such.   Cooling the overclocked CPU is probably the most crucial part.  The rest is just going into the bios and changing settings.   Cooling keeps you from seeing the poof of blue smoke and hearing that sizzle. 

Good luck. 

Edited by LogicalDrm

17 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Another question, are you trying to get into REAL pro overclokcing?
gskill-hwbot-overclock-kit-cinebench-r15

Either way, good to see another entusiast wanting to learn the craft.Though things are easier these days compared back to when I started (2008).

Wow.  Now that is both professional and entertaining.  Probably what she meant.   

But then there is overclocking like that and there is overclocking a computer to actually use it on a daily basis to do productive work.  Once you get beyond water cooling or maybe possibly chilled water cooling it's not really practical anymore.  But I'd bet there are computers...desk side refrigerated rack mounted systems that people use for high end engineering type work. 

Quick look at google.  

Yeah for the other kind of professional as in working for a company in an office 

Step 1 get air conditioned server racks. 

Step 2 install servers with good air flow between them. 

Step 3 let the CPUs and components boost to maximum design limit. 

Step 4 set up a system to send phone an alert if servers go down. 

Step 5 monitor servers from any location you want while getting paid (or teaching your boss that Internet Explorer 11 is not "the internet"). 

But the kind the the picture above probably gets to dress more comfortably. 

7 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Depends on what you consider overclocking.  

Spoiler

There are many who only consider it overclocking if you are using a flashy and elaborate cooling solution to drive the CPU way beyond its base and boost clocks in a way which it was not designed to do.  Those people have money to burn if they destroy their computer. 

The most important thing you need for overclocking is a CPU which is unlocked and able to be overclocked.  Also the most important thing you need to overclock your CPU is a strong CPU cooler.  

For example look at a statistic called the TDP  of the CPU... and the TDP of the cooler you have.  If the TDP of the cooler is higher than the TDP of the CPU then that is good for overclocking.  The real danger from overclocking is your CPU could melt down.    Meaning become overheated to the point that the circuit is irreparably damaged.  

Watercooling is not required as long as you have a good air-cooling setup.  

The simplest way to get more out of your CPU without damaging it is to buy one that has unlocked clocks a very high boost clock and then give it a generous cooling solution.    The CPU will then effectively overclock itself and then throttle back if it is getting too hot without any danger of frying your expensive components. 

From there it gets a lot harder.  There  are more advanced air coolers, watercooling, Chilled water cooling, and liquid nitrogen cooling.    All of which allow even more overclocking because they are more radical forms of cooling. 

That is what little I know of it.  Never did those more advanced things because I never needed to.    My humble little laptop a Intel core i7 has been able to be constantly at boost simply by being on a stand that gives it really good airflow.  

The clocks are higher thus it is overclocked.  

What most of the information you find will be about isn't really the overclocking of the CPU but of the cooling of it.   The actual overclocking is either a BIOS setting or as I've said a matter of the CPU boosting due to having the cooling to do sol. 

image.thumb.png.63c68c1b9eeddb76c45cf662149d80df.png

So that's 157% higher.  The load was running the game Atilla Total War.  That has been all I have needed not only to game but also to do scientific calculations.   Not bragging or whatever just saying one can accomplish a lot without going to the trouble of doing much more.  

Plus I may have won the silicon lottery with this CPU.  

TLDR:  To be a professional overclocker in the sense most people think of learn all you can about watercooling, chilled water cooling, and such.   Cooling the overclocked CPU is probably the most crucial part.  The rest is just going into the bios and changing settings.   Cooling keeps you from seeing the poof of blue smoke and hearing that sizzle. 

Good luck. 

Wow! Thank you for the amazing explanation! :) 

Edited by LogicalDrm

Gee - That's what I've been doing for over a decade now. 😉

Bones @ HWBOT

Anything from big air right up to LN2 I've done before and still at it more or less.
Haven't done anything this year but I have plans to do another LN2 session later.

Just need to set it up, prep it, get the dewar refilled and turn it loose.

Any questions, just ask.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

10 hours ago, Gabby Tech said:

Depends which part you're benchmarking. Overclocking generally applies to the CPU first, GPU second, RAM third, and no other part unless you're looking into liquid immersion cooling. M2 NVMe drives also maintain their speed faster with a heat spreader or heatsink. 

If you're benchmarking for the lulz (See Uniengine's leaderboards,) and don't mind destroying equipment in the process, then you need to use the same software you're in a contest with. If you're overclocking, then the benchmark is simply a barometer of how successful you are at overclocking it. Some hardware just does not have headroom to be overclocked, and still work for more than a few minutes and some hardware has a lot of headroom, but can only hit that headroom under liquid cooling or something but won't kill itself immediately if it's pushed.

With that said, if you're just overclocking for practical reasons (faster gaming or business applications) then you need to test with the actual application. Synthetic benchmarks are only relevant to the exact same hardware configuration, and comparing two benchmarks with minor differences in hardware may instead result in optimization for the benchmark and not for use. Cinebench is used to explicitly benchmark Cinema4D and is in the same market as Maya and 3D Studio, so results with Cinebench translate to those products. Uniengine has no directly related gaming software, so using it as a benchmark for gaming performance comes with the caveat that no games operate this way. Likewise 3DMark makes use of the latest GPU features, but no games operate in this manner, and the benchmark only tests the GPU.

3D Mark's hall of fame: https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/

Uniengine Leaderboards: https://benchmark.unigine.com/leaderboards/superposition/1.x/1080p-extreme/single-gpu/page-1

Most other benchmarks: https://hwbot.org/benchmarks/world_records

What you'll notice is there is a lot of missing data in those benchmarks, so you can't be certain if there is an outside aspect that leads to a 1% difference in framerate or performance. Ambient room temperature, humidity and geographic location do play a small part if the room is air conditioned or not. A controlled environment like an office building is more likely to lead to consistent numbers than someone's home.

10 hours ago, Gabby Tech said:

Sounds like the OC wasn't stable then :/ anyway heaven is pretty old, you might want to try timespy instead

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

*** Thread cleaned ***

Is it really so hard to keep things civil? Read up what "toxic masculinity" means and why women in tech feel the need to announce their presence.

Also moved to Programs, Apps and Websites since this is about those things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

*** Thread cleaned ***

Is it really so hard to keep things civil? Read up what "toxic masculinity" means and why women in tech feel the need to announce their presence.

Also moved to Programs, Apps and Websites since this is about those things.

Thanks. It was getting really annoying seeing this. 

8 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Wow.  Now that is both professional and entertaining.  Probably what she meant.   

But then there is overclocking like that and there is overclocking a computer to actually use it on a daily basis to do productive work.  Once you get beyond water cooling or maybe possibly chilled water cooling it's not really practical anymore.  But I'd bet there are computers...desk side refrigerated rack mounted systems that people use for high end engineering type work. 

Quick look at google.  

Yeah for the other kind of professional as in working for a company in an office 

Step 1 get air conditioned server racks. 

Step 2 install servers with good air flow between them. 

Step 3 let the CPUs and components boot to maximum design limit. 

Step 4 set up a system to send phone an alert if servers go down. 

Step 5 monitor servers from any location you want while getting paid (or teaching your boss that Internet Explorer 11 is not "the internet"). 

But the kind the the picture above probably gets to dress more comfortably. 

There is also stuff like this:
http://www.ldcooling.com/shop/ld-pc-v2/191-ld-pc-v2-phase-change-black-xl-suction.html

You can get sub zero temps. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

2 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Thanks. It was getting really annoying seeing this. 

There is also stuff like this:
http://www.ldcooling.com/shop/ld-pc-v2/191-ld-pc-v2-phase-change-black-xl-suction.html

You can get sub zero temps. 

Thank you very much for the nice step by step description ❤️ I need to read more for sure.

1 minute ago, Gabby Tech said:

Thank you very much for the nice step by step description ❤️ I need to read more for sure.

It is a process. Don't be afraid to dabble either. Just be prepared for your wallet to hurt. I have... broken my fair share of things XD

18 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

It is a process. Don't be afraid to dabble either. Just be prepared for your wallet to hurt. I have... broken my fair share of things XD

Yes - Stuff dies when doing this, it's the nature of the beast.

I can't tell you how much stuff I've lost along the way and honestly some of it was my fault straightup, some of it was just bad luck.

It's like anything else you do as a hobby that has risk with cost such as if you're into RC aircraft for example - Sooner or later you will crash one but you do it anyway because you already understand that's just how it is and you like it, same thing with OC'ing.

I've probrably bought enough hardware over time to have at least paid a good bit towards the home/mortgage, you'll never really stop buying it to have different things to run or maybe a better chip for a certain category or bench.

Then you figure in all the extra stuff like high CFM fans, watercooling stuff, pots for subzero use, the cooling medium used such as DICE or even LN2..... It adds up quick and doesn't count towards regular maintenance costs or replacment of dead parts. 

Jsut realize the financial part of it before diving in.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 minute ago, Beerzerker said:

Yes - Stuff dies when doing this, it's the nature of the beast.

I can't tell you how much stuff I've lost along the way and honestly some of it was my fault straightup, some of it was just bad luck.

It's like anything else you do as a hobby that has risk with cost such as if you're into RC aircraft for example - Sooner or later you will crash one but you do it anyway because you already understand that's just how it is and you like it, same thing with OC'ing.

I've probrably bought enough hardware over time to have at least paid a good bit towards the home/mortgage, you'll never really stop buying it to have different things to run or maybe a better chip for a certain category or bench.

Then you figure in all the extra stuff like high CFM fans, watercooling stuff, pots for subzero use, the cooling medium used such as DICE or even LN2..... It adds up quick and doesn't count towards regular maintenance costs or replacment of dead parts. 

Jsut realize the financial part of it before diving in.

Yeah, that was my problem. XD I think I killed 5 or 6 video cards? 2 were just stupid. Other 4 were me pushing too hard. 

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Yeah, that was my problem. XD I think I killed 5 or 6 video cards? 2 were just stupid. Other 4 were me pushing too hard. 

Oh i just shivered i will be very careful trying