Is hitting my desk harmful to my PC

Itsyoyo

Hey i dont really rage often at games but i have started to be very prone to rage whilst playing VALORANT 

Is hitting my desk harmful to my PC (i hit my desk really hard)

As long as your HDDs aren't exposed to any serious vibrations, it's all good. Smack right ahead

Where is your pc is it on the table or the floor 

on table would be fine along it’s not at the very edge 

floor again fine as there would be no touching of the desk

n3ptune_cpu

17 minutes ago, Itsyoyo said:

Hey i dont really rage often at games but i have started to be very prone to rage whilst playing VALORANT 
Is hitting my desk harmful to my PC (i hit my desk really hard)

certainly, a running hard drive wouldn't be happy with it and fans in a system wouldn't like it much either.

maybe get a stressball or something, as this could seriously hurt your hand or equipment you care about.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Itsyoyo said:

Also @Light-Yagami My HDD and SSD are in a shroud stuck to the bottom of my pc

As long as they're not exposed to hard shocks, it's all good. You'll have to evaluate how much of your rage transmits to the PC :)

A good solution would be to place it underneath your desk (where it belongs ;)).

HDDs and fans indeed wouldn't like it, but are definitely capable of some stress. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

@TomvanWijnen My floor is carpet and pc's could break from static from being on the floor any other way ?

Are you the Hulk?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Vibration damage is always a possibility, but a low possibility.  This of course depends on how good the computer's construction is (and its included components) along with proximity between computer and hit.

Like, hypothetically, if you had a 2.5 slot GPU plugged in but without the screws and it was in a normal mini-tower position and it was in a crap board, maybe eventually it would fall out or break the slot?

I pounded my fists onto the keyboard of my 2003 HP laptop multiple times...never had a problem.  It was built like a brick s**thouse.

Then you're fine if you're not hitting the surface hard enough to make the PC tumble off.  

Probably won't hurt to learn to control that rage though.  It will serve you more in life to know how to keep a level head.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

6 minutes ago, Itsyoyo said:

@TomvanWijnen My floor is carpet and pc's could break from static from being on the floor any other way ?

If your PC's case is properly grounded, any static charge coming into contact with it's case shouldn't have any negative effects.

Also, static electricity isn't an inherent property of carpet, meaning it's not charged constantly. It can build up, e.g. if you walk on it with rubber shoes, and will be rapidly discharged when you touch something metal. As I said, as long as the PC is properly grounded that shouldn't damage it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Itsyoyo said:

My floor is carpet

That is a really boring game, according to my 4 year old most floor is lava.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz