X570 or B450 for new 3700x build

I am about to pull the trigger on a new build. Considering the news that the new 4000 series will be the last cpu set to use AM4 (from what I have heard) and I am not looking to build something new for a while, am I better to get the X570 board on my build or save a bit and get a good B450 like a Tomahawk? The computer will be used mostly for workflow and for some gaming. I figure I should be able to upgrade to a 4th gen series Ryzen if I want to, or maybe a 3950x if the prices drop, with the X570, but I am not sure if I would need to. 

Thanks. 

the biggest benefit that you would get with x570 is pcie gen 4 support.  No gpu supports it atm and most people dont benefit from the drives.  The only issue that i can see with b450 personally is that it may not support 4th gen ryzen as that it came out with 2nd gen but that is what i personally think and nothing is confirmed 

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

15 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

he only issue that i can see with b450 personally is that it may not support 4th gen ryzen...

i agree.   no upgrade path... unless of course it does support 4th gen ryzen ;)

I would go with b450 becuase you shouldn't upgrade every single generation and in 2-3 generation the am4 socket is going to change so unless you're going to upgrade every year you're not going to need a beefed up vrm like on the x570 boards.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it