Please Help Me Choose A Case

JMTsGamertag

First off I just want to say that this community has been awesome. I've joined recently and as a noob building his first PC, you have all been very helpful in helping me choose the right parts and build a PC for what I want it for (1440p gaming at 60 fps). I am at the final part of my parts selection, which is choosing a case. Since I am building it myself, I think installing fans may be quite difficult (unless you guys think otherwise), and I want something with good ventilation and thermals.

I've attached my current build below, please advise me on which case you would recommend. I am prioritising the following:

1. It fits all of my components and parts

2. It is easy to put together as I am building it myself

3. It has good ventilation/thermals - fans etc.

4. It is affordable - costs less than $200 AUD if possible, or not much over if it is impossible to find a good case for this build for under $200 AUD.

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and help me out, hope all of you are safe and healthy.

Looking forward to reading the responses.

The Meshify C is a great case. It has really good airflow and looks nice.

I'd say the Meshify C would be a very solid choice. It comes with one intake in the front and one exhaust in the rear out of the box, which isn't particularly great but should be alright for a start. Installing fans really isn't difficult, it's more about picking the right ones for the job. Fractal cases are also fairly straight forward when it comes to building a PC in them, and generally offer smartly laid out hooks and velcro straps on the back, so cable management shouldn't be an issue. It will also fit all your components nicely.

Small sidenote regarding your build, I would suggest going for some faster RAM (3200 or 3600MHz) and maybe changing the PSU to an RM550x or RM650x, as you won't be needing close to 750W, but the RMx is higher quality compared to the RM.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 minutes ago, Osito_Fan said:

The Meshify C is a great case. It has really good airflow and looks nice.

Thank you for replying, it's a mid-tower case, will it fit that motherboard and all components including 2070 super?

I'm using the Cooler Master NR600 ( https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/CbqhP6/cooler-master-masterbox-nr600-wo-odd-atx-mid-tower-case-mcb-nr600-kgnn-s00 ) and I'm pretty happy with it. It's super cheap, simple design and great airflow. It comes with one fan in the front and in the back preinstalled. I added one fan in the front which is super easy in any case you just screw them in.

30 minutes ago, JMTsGamertag said:

any reason why you have 2 keyboards? :D  

51 minutes ago, JMTsGamertag said:

Thank you for replying, it's a mid-tower case, will it fit that motherboard and all components including 2070 super?

ATX Mid Towers fit standard ATX motherboards and PSU's. For Graphics card lengths and CPU cooler heights, always check the spec page for max clearances and make sure thery're greater than the parts you have. (You dont have an aftermarket heatsink so you dont have to worry about CPU cooler). I'll use the Meshify C as an example due to it's popularity.

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-c/black/

image.thumb.png.9938dab7e428d9a2849fddd39a3947f0.png

For GPU, your card is listed at 269.3mm long. So as long as the case you choose has a max length greater than 270, you'll be good. Nearly every ATX case has about 300mm+ (usually closer to 400mm) of clearance, so with that GPU you should have no issues fitting it into any modern case of your choosing. If you cant find these measurments on the site your searching for, I always recommend going directly to the manufacturers site.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, JMTsGamertag said:

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, it will fit