Is this a scam email?

h4lf_gr33k

image.thumb.png.e3fa74d875adeb6db60d23e2ef3cac3e.png

it was not in the spam directory. When I googled the email and text, nothing came up.

🇷🇺 

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Mobo: Gigabyte B450 S2H

RAM: 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz

GPU: Inno3D GTX 1060 6GB (GDDR5X 😎)

Storage: M.2 SATA 😞 240GB WD Green SSD; 2.5" SATA 240GB WD Green SSD; 500GB Toshiba HDD; 500GB Seagate HDD; 1TB Seagate HDD

Case: ZET Gaming Rare L2 BG (Black, Tempered Glass)

Case Fans: x2 DEEPCOOL RF120B (Blue LED); x1 ZET Gaming Rare SF120 (No LED)

PSU: Xilence Red Wings XN054 (700W)

~~~~~~~~~

Peripherals:

Monitor: Samsung UE32H4270AU 32" LED TV

Keyboard: Microsoft Wired 600

Mouse: Logitech G102 LIGHTSYNC USB

Mousepad: A4Tech X7-500MP

Audio: Behringer UM2 Preamp; Sennheiser HD 205 II Headphones; Behringer XM8500 XLR Microphone

"Gastro" Rattan & Steel Armchair from Metro Cash & Carry😎😎😎

Hey there. If you don't recognize the sender, I'd suggest ignoring the email. Is it a scam? Perhaps. It could be a form of spear/whaling phishing, or a weird marketing scheme. The impersonal address ("Good day"), vague details, and scrap formatting send off red flags for me, at least.

I also can't dig up anything substantial about this company or the person.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I would definitely consider that a scam.  I don't know any investment firm that makes cold contact like that.

They don't know who they are addressing, they haven't listed any product/service that they hope to invest in, they haven't given any ACN, ABN, sec listing (or local equivalent), there is no string of alternative phone numbers, it's not on a letter head or formal company letter template and his title sounds as made up and informal as they come. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

company emails usually have an electronic signature as a requirement 

Probably should add that it is much more likely this email is intentionally dodgy looking so that people like us who question it don't respond. That way they don't have to waste time with people who will cotton on too early making their efforts a waste of time.  They only want to talk to people stupid enough to spend a hour on the phone and hand over their banking details.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

"The Arab Investment Co" LOL they're not even trying :D 

i think the TAIC part is actually somewhat real. I googled the company and they actually exist

🇷🇺 

Specs:

Storage: M.2 SATA 😞 240GB WD Green SSD; 2.5" SATA 240GB WD Green SSD; 500GB Toshiba HDD; 500GB Seagate HDD; 1TB Seagate HDD

~~~~~~~~~

Peripherals:

Audio: Behringer UM2 Preamp; Sennheiser HD 205 II Headphones; Behringer XM8500 XLR Microphone

14 minutes ago, h4lf_gr33k said:

i think the TAIC part is actually somewhat real. I googled the company and they actually exist

Did you check what it's actually supposed to be, though? Would you say it's compatible with Nigerian-prince type of emails? :D 

Also: https://reportscam.com/the-arab-investment-company

3 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Did you check what it's actually supposed to be, though? Would you say it's compatible with Nigerian-prince type of emails? :D 

Also: https://reportscam.com/the-arab-investment-company

I recently got the same type of email from an actual Nigerian scammer claiming to be Christopher Wray, the current FBI director, and offering me millions of dollars because I'm a "scamming victim".

I guess this email is a scam too. Although, it wasn't marked as spam or as a phishing email.

🇷🇺 

Specs:

~~~~~~~~~

Peripherals:

39 minutes ago, h4lf_gr33k said:

Assuming that the company is legitimate (the lack of info/history on the company is already very telling), there's still no substantial evidence verifying that the email's "Anthony John Readman," the "associate from China," and the company are related. What I mean is that the email's sender could have used the company's name and a funny English name as a front to establish artificial legitimacy without having any connections to the actual company. Also, why would it matter that the "associate" is "from China"? Why not describe the associate's formal/professional position in the company instead? 🤔

Ah, sorry, I got carried away. My bad. 😅

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I got a scam email that involved a real company recently.

The company was a debt collector, all research would show the email was legitimate. The company would of course use pressure tactics etc and the email had those in it so one would likely overlook that red flag.

The two things that made me suspect it was that it was not legitimate was firstly it was not actually trying to get me to pay a debt but actually go to a site to try and prove the debt wasn't for me.

The other was a couple of language and spelling errors... The way the email was structured was very clever and convincing however.

I suspect the site at the end of the link was just trying to phish personal details and nothing more but it was a clever way to do it!

You have to be very careful these days and the scammers are smart people!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

check detail, especially what the original server is. dont believe anything in the content.

Snipaste_2020-04-07_19-01-53.png

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!