Would it be easy to make a website like this

blu4

A website that will output text from a single mouse click on the screen. All text comes from the same file and each time the text is output it is delete from the .txt file.

The text is to pop up so the user can copy it.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

11 minutes ago, blu4 said:

Well I guess I need to look for a person who can make the files for me for cheap

Are just learn JS w3schools.com is a great place to start. JS isn’t that difficult and could be learned in 3-5 hours depending on how fast at learning you are

you don’t even need a special file you just use 

<script></script>

why Isnt there a code tag on mobile?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

6 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

Are just learn JS w3schools.com is a great place to start. JS isn’t that difficult and could be learned in 3-5 hours depending on how fast at learning you are

you don’t even need a special file you just use 

<script></script>

I am very busy rn that its better for me to pay someone to make this for me. assuming it can be done fast for cheap. If the price was crazy I think I will look into doing it on my own

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

On 4/2/2020 at 2:33 AM, blu4 said:

A website that will output text from a single mouse click on the screen.

??? wut..?

All text comes from the same file and each time the text is output it is delete from the .txt file.

so.. is it a website or local .txt file?

The text is to pop up so the user can copy it.

If your point is to load a .txt file and have a user copy, not sure why you wouldn't just write a Powershell or AHK script for this.

Your objective is not very clear.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

20 hours ago, minibois said:

??? wut..?

so.. is it a website or local .txt file?

If your point is to load a .txt file and have a user copy, not sure why you wouldn't just write a Powershell or AHK script for this.

Your objective is not very clear.

1, You click the mouse any where on the screen and text will pop up.

2. omfg ITS A WEBSITE THE TEXT FILE HOLDS THE INFO THAT WILL BE OUTPUT FOR THE USER TO COPY. why would I say I want a website when its something that would not require a website? it requires a website. I do not think hundreds of people around the world would download a file for a line of text that is a 1 time use and they will never need to use the website again after the first time. plus everyone would get the full list that way and if I wanted that I would just post the whole list on pastebin and just post that link. That is not the goal.

3 .txt files holds lines of text, Thousands of lines.

click button (or anywhere) on the website and text will show up in text box on the screen

The text is there for you to copy it.

If the user presses the button or clicks again new text will show up and replace the old text

The text is to be deleted ever time that text is output. so the same text can never be seen/used twice

I do not need to say what the text is, what the text is for etc.. as then someone could make this website and steal my idea.

A picture may help you

image.thumb.png.725e7e4d0dd9e7f440f856dfcb67bc07.png

I think I would be willing to do it. But the task is not 100% clear to me:

• The text file is on the server side?
  • The lines should be unique for any user, so two users won't see the same line? Or just a single user should not see the same line twice?

Either way this can probably be done in like an hour. (Depends a little bit on possible other requirements, like on what kind of server should it run, points above) Also a fancy design could take longer.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, scuff gang said:

<script></script>

@colonel_mortis I'm not the only one!!!

1 hour ago, fpo said:

@colonel_mortis I'm not the only one!!!

Yeah I made a post about it in forum suggestions and it sounds like it won’t happen😢

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

Yeah I made a post about it in forum suggestions and it sounds like it won’t happen😢

We have to type square brackets around “code”

with “/code” :( 

2nd class forum members, we. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, blu4 said:

1, You click the mouse any where on the screen and text will pop up.

2. omfg ITS A WEBSITE THE TEXT FILE HOLDS THE INFO THAT WILL BE OUTPUT FOR THE USER TO COPY. why would I say I want a website when its something that would not require a website? it requires a website. I do not think hundreds of people around the world would download a file for a line of text that is a 1 time use and they will never need to use the website again after the first time. plus everyone would get the full list that way and if I wanted that I would just post the whole list on pastebin and just post that link. That is not the goal.

3 .txt files holds lines of text, Thousands of lines.

click button (or anywhere) on the website and text will show up in text box on the screen

The text is there for you to copy it.

If the user presses the button or clicks again new text will show up and replace the old text

The text is to be deleted ever time that text is output. so the same text can never be seen/used twice

I do not need to say what the text is, what the text is for etc.. as then someone could make this website and steal my idea.

A picture may help you

Ultra failure incomming.. Files on a web server will be readable for all visitors of the site.. So all the lines in the txt file you don't want people to read will be super easy to find by running a wget command on your website. Which defets the point of the site itself.

Sounds to me that you are trying to give out some sort of "license key" for something.

2. Seriously.. You don't need a website.. you need a software..