LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Let's go! Bitcoin will have to wait, this is way more interesting.

• Daily Driver : Ryzen 5 3600 - Aorus Ultra Gaming x470 - Strix RTX2070 - MSI Ventus V2 RTX2080 - (4x16Gb) HyperX Fury Black 3200MHz - Corsair Carbide 300r
  • HTPC : FX-8350 - Asus Sabertooth 990Fx rev2.0 - 2x Asus GTX660Ti - (4x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance - Scratch built oak and walnut chassi
  • NAS (Unraid) : Ryzen 3 3200G - Asus Prime B450-A - (2x4Gb) HyperX Fury Black 3200MHz - 3 x Seagate IronWolf 4tb - 500gb SSD cache drive - Scratch build IronWolf themed case

4th Gen i7 here with a 2015 Nvidia Quadro alongside 32 GB's of DDR3 RAM. I'm not pulling much, but it's honest work. I'm waiting for my PC to catch on fire.

Greetings All,

I'm new to Folding At Home and basically I have everything up and running, but I cannot seem to get a PassKey.

I have tried twice now (over 24 hours apart) to get a key using https://apps.foldingathome.org/passkey/create but both times it said it would e-mail it to me and nothing shows up.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks.

We are now up to 1355 sign ups! 

LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, KendoKane said:

Greetings All,

I'm new to Folding At Home and basically I have everything up and running, but I cannot seem to get a PassKey.

I have tried twice now (over 24 hours apart) to get a key using https://apps.foldingathome.org/passkey/create but both times it said it would e-mail it to me and nothing shows up.

Thanks.

There is such a high demand, they are struggling to keep up. You may have to wait some more.

3 minutes ago, KendoKane said:

Greetings All,

Thanks.

Their servers are overwhelmed, it will eventually be sent

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

image.png.fb89e9fa2ece2296af4c40e63627018f.png

Look at what you have all done! That production is beautiful!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So my new computer is on a clearly unstable power source that can't handle the output... Once the CPU throttles down to 4.1 under load it's fine but till then:

*BEEP*

Shut up

*BEEP*

Shut up..

*BEEP*

Seriously shut up....

*BEEP**BEEP*

You're not on life support!

source.gif

I finally got remote connection to work plus teamviewer so I don't need the screen on anymore and turned it off.

How can i confirm ive set this up properly? It says im using the right passcode and account and i filled in the form. Is that everything?

First time folding :) got the laptop set up going on a cooling pad and temps are nice and controlled. no gaming for a while but meh its all for the greater good :)

1 hour ago, Parideboy said:

Finally got a GPU WU, still no Covid-19. Probably they're handing them to most capable hardware. I'm ok with that.

I got a Covid-19 WU on a GTX 750 Ti last night, which is a lot slower than your 390. I guess they could have changed priority to highest end GPUs in the meantime but I would bet there's another reason.

The uninformed me would guess they might be out of Covid WUs ATM, but I have no clue is that true, someone on here probably knows a lot more.

750ti.jpg

2 minutes ago, Zelmon said:

I got a Covid-19 WU on a GTX 750 Ti last night, which is a lot slower than your 390. I guess they could have changed priority to highest end GPUs in the meantime but I would bet there's another reason.

The uninformed me would guess they might be out of Covid WUs ATM, but I have no clue is that true, someone on here probably knows a lot more.

750ti.jpg

Could be. I had plenty of gpu wu prior finding this thread (24h ago, give or take) and this team alone has seen huge traffic. Not to mention the global effort.

Or maybe it's just random 😂😂😂

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Hey, been folding for a couple days now, can someone tell me why the web control seems to flash constantly and not load, but i can seem to get somewhere with the advanced control.

3 minutes ago, TechCoarse said:

Hey, been folding for a couple days now, can someone tell me why the web control seems to flash constantly and not load, but i can seem to get somewhere with the advanced control.

Known problem, try copying the url and opening it in a private browser tab. That almost always does the trick.

cheers leadeater!, Wow the LTT team has done ALOT of WU's 

2 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

alternatively you can use advaned control from the taskbar

I think i probably will use advanced control as from where im sitting the web control seems kinda borked, im doing some WU but its says im getting 0 per day where as ive got a number on the advanced lol, so can i point my work towards specific projects or does it just take them as they come?

Thats how i like it. Fans are screaming, pump is running to its fullest, lets show Corona what Team LTT can do :D (3950x + 2080ti watercooled in a single loop)

uwu.png

EDIT: I just saw that it selected it automaticly

Hello,

I know the event hasn't started yet. But I was wondering if you can select to do work on it yet? I read somewhere that the project has started, but I can't select it in the configure menu. I also can't find a more general "infectious disease" option? Do you need a beta version or something like that?

PS: I leave it on Any most of the time, thinking that F@H knows best what to do with my coputational power. Don't agree? I would love to hear your opinion!

Just now, 42thgamer said:

Hello,

I know the event hasn't started yet. But I was wondering if you can select to do work on it yet? I read somewhere that the project has started, but I can't select it in the configure menu. I also can't find a more general "infectious disease" option? Do you need a beta version or something like that?

PS: I leave it on Any most of the time, thinking that F@H knows best what to do with my coputational power. Don't agree? I would love to hear your opinion!

1 minute ago, yaboistar said:

see my post above. FAH runs all the time and right now every unit available to work on is a coronavirus unit

Thank you... Sorry for the stupid question!

Just now, yaboistar said:

bold of you to assume i can download a work unit to attack it with. my main machine just picked one up after 7 hours of waiting.

That just means we are achieving an overwhelming victory against the backlog!

bold of you to assume i can download a work unit to attack it with. my main machine just picked one up after 7 hours of waiting.

I am waiting to atm, is there a way to let it check more frequently?

I've got 4 slots running atm

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, 42thgamer said:

I am waiting to atm, is there a way to let it check more frequently?

Nope

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240