LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Is there a known issue where the Video card will just sit there at ''Download'' and never do anything?

5 minutes ago, vile1 said:

Is there a known issue where the Video card will just sit there at ''Download'' and never do anything?

They said they were having issues getting WUs to everyone at once. Lots of people working right now. Mine took about 20 mins longer than the CPU.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

7 minutes ago, vile1 said:

as

1 minute ago, connorpiper said:

They said they were having issues getting WUs to everyone at once. Lots of people working right now. Mine took about 20 mins longer than the CPU.

said.

It also took me a while to get a GPU WU.

Cheers from the Border

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I had issues getting things going.  I still don’t know if it was even working or not.  My current plan is to make another attempt tomorrow and see if I can get it off the ground.  Still don’t have a passkey and I’m not sure my username even got logged.  We’ll see how it goes tomorrow.

Give it time. Make sure all the rules are open from Window's Firewall. It does take some time to get a WU. Check the logs and give it some time

Cheers from the Border

1 minute ago, borderman16 said:

as

said.

It also took me a while to get a GPU WU.

Right as you posted that, the new WU came in! I'll leave the thread to people that need some real help! Thanks again!

Guys does anyone's visual simulation work? mine is stuck in demo, sadly... If anyone's thing is working, could you please post a screenshot, I'm curious about the progress/time left. Thanks!!

edit: nevermind I misunderstood the 'progress' bar, I thought it was the general master-progress bar but it's just a WU thing, nvm!

5 minutes ago, borderman16 said:

Give it time. Make sure all the rules are open from Window's Firewall. It does take some time to get a WU. Check the logs and give it some time

I get that they took a huge hit with the deluge of new folders.  I’m willing to wait.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I get that they took a huge hit with the deluge of new folders.  I’m willing to wait.  

Yeah give it time. It took me some 25 minutes to get a new WU after joining the LTT team. I was doing alone earlier today.

Cheers from the Border

Just now, borderman16 said:

Yeah give it time. It took me some 25 minutes to get a new WU after joining the LTT team. I was doing alone earlier today.

It took me around 10 mins to get a WU after finishing one just now. I just hope their systems can accommodate such a huge surge in traffic.

They made a short note about prioritizing getting out the WU's before anything else right now. 

2 minutes ago, BuddyHolly said:

They made a short note about prioritizing getting out the WU's before anything else right now. 

Can I get sauce on this Statement for my curiousity?

Cheers from the Border

On 3/13/2020 at 11:07 AM, Beerzerker said:

I hope you guys kick some Corona ass with this, I'm doing my part on that right now and will probrably let the machine run for awhile today. It's my daily so I can't let it run all the time but I can throw in anyway towards that end.

@Elektra57 You want to use a GPU instead of a CPU for folding.

The guys here can help you with getting it going that way if they need to. Just remove the CPU slot and create a GPU slot - That's really it and you'll be folding in no time.

There are 4 projects on the CPU side which are different than those on the GPU.

All processes are beneficial.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:07 AM, Beerzerker said:

@Elektra57 You want to use a GPU instead of a CPU for folding.

The guys here can help you with getting it going that way if they need to. Just remove the CPU slot and create a GPU slot - That's really it and you'll be folding in no time.

Hey, I'm #31 in the team and I'm almost all CPU folding points. You can do very well CPU folding, if you have 10-20 spare servers at work.

Just now, Memorexxx said:

Why are we starting March 27th and not ASAP?

I think a lot of people are

doing it now.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

doing it now.

Yes i started and it has it on CoronaVirus ProJect

so ummm, do you only count the corona virus WU's or all of them, also i forgot my old account name and password and this is my new one :)

Just now, NathansNonsense said:

so ummm, do you only count the corona virus WU's or all of them, also i forgot my old account name and password and this is my new one :)

probably no need to remember your old name, your email address is linked to your passkey

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

doing it now.

Do you know if this will work with CPUs also? or only GPUs? if so what is min. GPUs?

33 minutes ago, monster_mm said:

Just another reason to justify my recent upgrade to Ryzen 7 3800x recently :D

100% CPU going strong

image.thumb.png.1b84a1e6fca01ca870e39acefe1e88ac.png

How did you get it to run on the CPU? is it Auto?

@Memorexxx

If you use the advance control (right click on the icon in the system tray you will see the option), then you can configure the slots. For example, the default for the cpu is -1 so it uses all the cores.