LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

2 minutes ago, vile1 said:

6 WORK UNITS!!! WOOHOO! IM COMIN'!

What were you trying to quote from me? I'm not the one that listed error codes.

36 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Forum software awesomeness, can't handle quote inception. If you quote a quote then quoted poster is the owner of the quote as it's your post rather than it being smart and maintaining ownership of the actual person who commented..... confused yet? 

Just now, leadeater said:

Forum software awesomeness, can't handle quote inception. If you quote a quote then quoted poster is the owner of the quote as it's your post rather than it being smart and maintaining ownership of the actual person who commented..... confused yet? 

Quote x 10 to the power of 69,000. Got it.

Man i've been following linus for years, and I recently discovered Folding@home; I'm so so glad that his team and him were able to muster up such a huge army of supporters for this cause, it's so heartwarming to see so many enthusiasts of many different educational backgrounds (and just backgrounds in general) come together in an attempt to put this monster to rest once and for all. Thank you all for being here!

I am guessing they are having high load on their side. I can't get a passkey or any WUs. Happening to anyone else?

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Just now, borderman16 said:

Anyone else having issues getting Passkey?

I just got mine after 3 hrs of sending a request. just give it some time I think, because they probably have an overwhelming amount of requests

Just now, crescent1033 said:

I just got mine after 3 hrs of sending a request. just give it some time I think, because they probably have an overwhelming amount of requests

Aight, Thanks, I was just baffled and not sure if it was just me. Checked all folders in my Email and nothing. Thanks though.

Cheers from the Border

2 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

I am guessing they are having high load on their side. I can't get a passkey or any WUs. Happening to anyone else?

Took about 15 minutes for me to get a WU. Downloading now

Cheers from the Border

3 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

or any WUs

A lot of people seem to have a problem getting them.

Just now, Gaires said:

A lot of people seem to have a problem getting them.

Maybe we overwhelmed the entire system. Too many systems to give everyone work. I know the folks at r/PCMR are also doing it

Cheers from the Border

1 minute ago, borderman16 said:

Maybe we overwhelmed the entire system. Too many systems to give everyone work. I know the folks at r/PCMR are also doing it

Mine took about 30-40 minutes to arrive, and then I got 4 emails with it. I'd say it's fair to say the system is stressed right now lol

TBH their website isn't doing too great either, I practically can't look up donor info or any of that sort, throws a bad gateway error

I'm on the US Naval Academy team (not a student), but we have close to 1,300 people on our team working specifically on COVID-19.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

I'm on the US Naval Academy team (not a student), but we have close to 1,300 people on our team working specifically on COVID-19.

I see.

I am going to try to push this at my Corporate Social Media site and see if more of my fellow colleagues donate some cycles.

Cheers from the Border

I'm FINALLY getting WUs again. It's been more than 24 hours since my last one. I turned everything off at one point, for some much-needed downtime.

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

2 minutes ago, borderman16 said:

I see.

I am going to try to push this at my Corporate Social Media site and see if more of my fellow colleagues donate some cycles.

Awesome.

1 hour ago, FakeCIA said:

Nothing, Im an idiot and dont know how to Forum, lol. Just stating Im here, and doing my part! (was 6 Work units in at that point haha)

1 minute ago, vile1 said:

Nothing, Im an idiot and dont know how to Forum, lol. Just stating Im here, and doing my part! (was 6 Work units in at that point haha)

Don't feel bad, Forums are no longer the norm. You will learn pretty quickly.

Cheers from the Border

Just now, vile1 said:

When quoting, make sure to quote those that are the target quoters per the quoting guidelines in order to keep your quote up. Quote.

Just now, borderman16 said:

Don't feel bad, Forums are no longer the norm. You will learn pretty quickly.

The days of the [H] seem so long ago...

5 minutes ago, vile1 said:

The days of the [H] seem so long ago...

I used to run my own forum for elementary and middle school way back. Good times

Cheers from the Border

I had issues getting things going.  I still don’t know if it was even working or not.  My current plan is to make another attempt tomorrow and see if I can get it off the ground.  Still don’t have a passkey and I’m not sure my username even got logged.  We’ll see how it goes tomorrow.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.