Want a review on this low-cost gaming pc [537 euro, no shipping]

Hey there. I am trying to find super budget but still decent gaming rigs, and i put together this. What do you all think? Micro ATX, Ryzen build.

theres no ssd so it's going to be quite slow vs a system with one , or even an upcoming game console will probably outrun it

1 minute ago, emosun said:

theres no ssd so it's going to be quite slow vs a system with one , or even an upcoming game console will probably outrun it

Would that be the only thing bottlenecking?

And i dont care too much about game or pc boot times.

Also, 5400rpm hard drive

Just now, Dakka, Man said:

And i dont care too much about game or pc boot times.

do you care about games running badly becuase they need to fetch assets while you are playing not just at the loading screen

I havent ever run into those types of problems before. I do care, but not that much. I can always upgrade later, like at christmas

honestly if i were you I'd go with a smaller ssd and 8gb x1

When you "upgrade later"  you can get another matching stick so you have 16gb is multi channel and get your ssd then too.

your current path will yield the same amount of memory by that time just not as fast

It's a fine budget build. I'd stick with the 16gb and mechanical hard drive, then get an SSD later down the line.

Le PC: Gigiabyte Gaming 3, AMD 2700x, Yeston RX 550 4gb, Corsair 16gb, Corsair 450w PSU & Aerocool QS240 case. Linux, Elementary OS.

1 minute ago, IdlePX said:

It's a fine budget build. I'd stick with the 16gb and mechanical hard drive, then get an SSD later down the line.

Thats what i was thinking.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

honestly if i were you I'd go with a smaller ssd and 8gb x1

When you "upgrade later"  you can get another matching stick so you have 16gb is multi channel and get your ssd then too.

your current path will yield the same amount of memory by that time just not as fast

I also earn money throughout the year. Doesnt need to be at christmas. Just not starting out with ssd.

not good.

single ram module hinders performance by a large margin! Half the bandwith of dual channel, and, ryzens are sensitive to memory bandwith! get a dual channel kit, 2x8gb 3000Mhz CL16, like GSkill Aegis for instance..

1600AF would be a better CPU choice IMHO

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Just now, IdlePX said:

So then you'd be reinstalling windows and starting from scratch. This makes no sense for an upgrade path. SSD now, mass storage later.

For ryzen make sure ram is dual channel.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

For ryzen make sure ram is dual channel.

1 minute ago, Vejnemojnen said:

single ram module hinders performance by a large margin! Half the bandwith of dual channel, and, ryzens are sensitive to memory bandwith!

So split the ram into 2 sticks? Or just make sure the ram is dual-channel?

2 minutes ago, Dakka, Man said:

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/FNprxr/gskill-aegis-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f43000c16d16gisb buy this instead : )

unfortunately I can't find 1600AF (12nm Zenplus) cpu on the Dutch pcpartpicker. But the old 1600 is still a better pick: 
https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/mV98TW/amd-ryzen-5-1600-32ghz-6-core-processor-yd1600bbaebox

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Ref @emosun's suggestion on SSD and gaming, you absolutely will notice a difference. I just found a 16gb dual channel sticks to be a comfier PC experience and didn't mind the absence of an SSD while I waited to buy an SSD.

That said, I use Linux and don't mind installing a new distro onto my PC. Or more the point @Slottr is making, a single distro, like Windows. I don't know how long Windows takes to install nowadays, but if you're building your own PC, do you mind installing Windows a second time when you get an SSD?

Le PC: Gigiabyte Gaming 3, AMD 2700x, Yeston RX 550 4gb, Corsair 16gb, Corsair 450w PSU & Aerocool QS240 case. Linux, Elementary OS.

Multi channel memory runs when there is more than one stick of memory, so two sticks.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, IdlePX said:

That said, I use Linux and don't mind installing a new distro onto my PC. Or more the point @Slottr is making, a single distro, like Windows. I don't know how long Windows takes to install nowadays, but if you're building your own PC, do you mind installing Windows a second time when you get an SSD?

Not at all.

2 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Changed the ram. The 1600af isnt availble.

At this price point, it might be worth it to check for full second hand builds on tweakers.net, buying that can then just upgrading later on as you see fit.

For example, I see someone selling a PC for 470 euros. It's basically the same sort of build as you have planned out, but with some components better.

Ryzen 1600, 16GB 3000Mhz, RX 580 4GB, 120GB SSD+1000GB HDD.

For a lower price, that's a better value than getting a PC in new components.

I definitely do not support getting a PC without an SSD. If anything, get a small decent SSD (like a BX500) and get a bigger HDD later.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It wont show up on the part picker.

I am not sure why they still didn't add it to the normal list, but you can still press the blue 'add'  button the product page

Just now, minibois said:

I am not sure why they still didn't add it to the normal list, but you can still press the blue 'add'  button the product page

Right, thanks

Would there be any way for me to update the bios without needing to have another cpu?

31 minutes ago, Dakka, Man said:

Hey there. I am trying to find super budget but still decent gaming rigs, and i put together this. What do you all think? Micro ATX, Ryzen build.

Just using one dealer will save shipping costs, 120gb ssd should cost about €20-24 I guess.

If you're on a budget, a 2nd hand pc will be better for gaming, even the Haswell I7 gives more performance than any Zen-cpu, the Ks even beat Zen+.

Then you may spend some extra on the gpu; rx570 at €175,- is too expensive in comparision with alternatives like the 5600XT.

13 minutes ago, minibois said:

I definitely do not support getting a PC without an SSD. If anything, get a small decent SSD (like a BX500) and get a bigger HDD later.

That increases the price by like 30 euro. Every euro counts