Gaming bed

Marbo

I wont use that even if I'm lazy, I'll get bedsores.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

I used to have a similar setup due to lack of space. 

Great for ruining your back.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

24 minutes ago, Marbo said:

Are kids not lazy enough? 

imagine calling people developing english, teamwork and communication skills through gaming lazy

She/Her

6 minutes ago, Twilight said:

imagine calling people developing english, teamwork and communication skills through gaming lazy

Imagine *implying* kids who will probably lack social skills in the real world because they sit in there own virtual world all day not lazy.

i love gaming, and I think it’s a great thing, but child obesity is a huge problem now and this isn’t gonna help it.

get outside goddamnit.

the only linguistic skills I have gained from gaming are a hell of a lot of insults. Gotta love Xbox 360 cod lobbies 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Twilight said:

I dont think he was referring to them being lazy for gaming. But for the setup itself.

Also you could be gaming and not developing any of that. Not every game has to be played online with team mates, and even if they are you dont have to use a mic. I dont ever use my mic when im gaming. And what if they are playing with people that are in their native language?

17 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

I wont use that even if I'm lazy, I'll get bedsores.

Bedsores come from lack of oxygen to the skin.  If you move around enough you don’t get them.  They’re awful though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

i love gaming, and I think it’s a great thing, but child obesity is a huge problem now and this isn’t gonna help it.

90 % diet, easily.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

18 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

Imagine calling people lazy and not put in an effort to read the rules of the tech news section. ?

I did read them, searched but didn't see anthing related. 

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Bedsores come from lack of oxygen to the skin.  If you move around enough you don’t get them.  They’re awful though.

I doubt you'll move very much in bed, like that gaming setup

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, Andreas Lilja said:

90 % diet, easily.

Yeah kids are eating a lot more shit these days, nothing like 90s-early 2000s but people also went outside a lot more then.

AMD blackout rig

I’m reminded of that lazy boy in that movie who’s name I can’t remember about how people got stupid because smart people didn’t breed.  It had a toilet in it.

UPDATE: looked it up.  The movie was “idiocracy” 2A2ABD81-2B18-4997-BD22-610E9F15BDBF.jpeg.c6909e2f11ffbeca5c26abf6a9172faa.jpeg

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I see a new version with a ventilated mattress coming up ?

AMD blackout rig

Not sure if you're all trying to yank my chain here. 

I can see a couple of scenarios where this is brilliant. But mostly bad. 

1 minute ago, scuff gang said:

I see a new version with a ventilated mattress coming up ?

They make em.  Big fan blower and air holes.  Bed sores are really really bad (literally one of the most hideous things I’ve ever seen.  There pics in the movie “born on the 4th of July” that are surprisingly accurate) and not everyone can move.  The poor man’s version is egg crate foam.

I don't like the excessive bashing on laziness when it's basically humanity's greatest virtue. Pretty much all of our technology can be traced to someone being too lazy to do it the stupid way that required a lot of effort. So remember that the next time you pick up any technology (ie a pencil) and realize that it probably wouldn't exist if someone wasn't lazy.

Also this bed's probably aimed at people that are bedridden (ie paralyzed, really ill, etc) rather than the general population.

Looks like my bed. I don't really see the issue with this one. Though I would make the screen swing to the side rather than to the foot of the bed. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I had to ban my laptop from my bed because there was too much of this.  I should really ban my phone.  I might have to.

5 minutes ago, Beskamir said:

I don't like the excessive bashing on laziness when it's basically humanity's greatest virtue. Pretty much all of our technology can be traced to someone being too lazy to do it the stupid way that required a lot of effort. So remember that the next time you pick up any technology (ie a pencil) and realize that it probably wouldn't exist if someone wasn't lazy.

Also this bed's probably aimed at people that are bedridden (ie paralyzed, really ill, etc) rather than the general population.

I totally get your last point, and to a degree the rest of your comment. 

If there are easier and more efficient ways of doing things we humans will eventually find it. 

No matter who this product is aimed at I believe most who buy it will not be in a category where it can be described as life enhancing. 

I overheard a conversation the other day between my sister and niece. My niece was asking for a gym membership, this in itself is brilliant, but this is a kid who won't walk the half mile home from school. Turns out she only wants it to use the sauna and jacuzzi. 

-Moved to Peripherals-

Please read the posting guidelines for tech news before posting there

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 hours ago, Marbo said:

I did read them, searched but didn't see anthing related. 

The Posting Guidelines are easily found if read thoroughly. I have linked and quoted below for reference.

Sub Forum Specific Requirements (including rules on video posting)

• Member reviews - see here
  • Hot deals - see here
  • Tech News - see here
  • Off Topic - see here
  • Guides and Tutorials - see here
  • Build Logs - see here
  • Classifieds - see here

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Saw this the other day. Need this in my life for around 14h/day WoW Classic play. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |