why don't they make a drone.. videogame yet?

nelska

With real physics built in. Race mode.. battle mode.. sandbox pvp. Different weapons. Lazers projectiles ECT.

That would be something awesome. Prob Joe Biden and the US army wouldn't like 12 year olds getting dangerously good at it. With precision. Lol

DLC would involve real drones and remote access real time radio assisted gaming in real life over the internet. Or ghosting or whatever they call that streaming thetherimg to your phone nomsense. Lol. But yeh fly real drones over the internet via the game on Google maps ..maps. something. I dunno. Just ideas

The cost of the system would not be profitable.

Prices have to come down, before even the first adopters will buy in

whadia mean you'd just need a gaming pc.. lol. but yes, it would get expensive to do it irl. but what if you won a tournament and got to unlock a real one. that would be the gimmick

Last time they did something close to a drone game, I did not like it.

Image result for vice city helicopter

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

23 hours ago, nelska said:

But yeh fly real drones over the internet via the game on Google maps ..maps. something. I dunno.

Holy low latency internet connections batman. That feature would not be viable in a mass market consumer product.

The internet is based on a so-called best effort routing algorithm. Meaning, your traffic is not even guaranteed to get to where you want it to go at all. This is not suitable for the remote control of high speed machinery.

Yes, there are some ways around that, and some protocols are designed to avoid those problems. But they are not perfect and flying high speed drones over a lengthy internet connection (say, flying a drone in the US from China) over the consumer internet infrastructure is not viable.

Plus, I'm sure that more than a few governments would have something to say about a company going around selling what would essentially be ISR as a service to anyone with a credit card. In fact, I'm 100% sure that the US government would complain about it. The third article in the page I linked to for the definition of ISR is titled "How US Video Game Companies Are Building Tools For China's Surveillance State". Yes, the article is technically about removing access to video game services after a certain amount of time to conform to Chinese law regarding the video game addiction of minors, a very hypocritical position for our military/intelligence community to take by the way, but the sentiment is there: The US government does not want you to provide surveillance or military services, either purposefully or accidentally, to anyone but them.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

You mean liftoff on steam for $20 that’s been out like a year or 2? 

14 hours ago, nelska said:

whadia mean you'd just need a gaming pc.. lol. but yes, it would get expensive to do it irl. but what if you won a tournament and got to unlock a real one. that would be the gimmick

maybe im confused.

Are we talking about a game where you play as a virtual drone or a game where your controlling an actual drone?

Just now, RonnieOP said:

maybe im confused.

Are we talking about a game where you play as a virtual drone or a game where your controlling an actual drone?

I guess the idea here is like in mmorpg's where you unlock weapons deep into the game.. it would work something like that.. like after you earn a mount in wow.. but in this game you would earn an actual drone or something to fly around.

41 minutes ago, fpo said:

You mean liftoff on steam for $20 that’s been out like a year or 2? 

theres one that came out like 2 days ago but thats all i found.

3 minutes ago, nelska said:

I guess the idea here is like in mmorpg's where you unlock weapons deep into the game.. it would work something like that.. like after you earn a mount in wow.. but in this game you would earn an actual drone or something to fly around.

Sounds like you're requesting a game to be made?

6 hours ago, minibois said:

drone game

The drone game I was thinking was real people, operating real drones, through a real race course.

It was on TV for awhile. I remember lots of neon lights.

44 minutes ago, nelska said:

But we are talking virtual drones right?

At first i thought you meant like real life physical drones.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:00 AM, nelska said:

With real physics built in.

2 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

But we are talking virtual drones right?

At first i thought you meant like real life physical drones.

REAL Drones!

21 minutes ago, greenmax said:

REAL Drones!

The reason they wouldnt do it is that means for every player they would need a physical drone. and then if you wanted to be able to upgrade it someone would have to physically upgrade it.

Your talking a couple hundred bucks per drone per player.

That would be crazy expensive and tbh I doubt there would be many people interested in the game to begin with.

I'm talking about playing a drone game and when you get good enough they let you fly a real one. lol. der.

14 hours ago, nelska said:

I'm talking about playing a drone game and when you get good enough they let you fly a real one. lol. der.

You can literally go to Bestbuy and buy a drone, no need to play a drone pc game.

Next question is, who is "THEY" in

"when you get good enough THEY let you fly a real one. lol. der."

15 hours ago, nelska said:

So your basically wanting a game to reward people who play it by buying a real drone for them to fly?

So you pay 20-40 bucks for the game (it would be an indy game) and they would have to buy a $200+ drone for every player that gets good enough?

You really dont understand why thats a bad idea that will never happen?

They would be losing hundreds of dollars on every customer who played the game.

Also...why? If you want to fly a drone just go buy a drone.

8 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

So your basically wanting a game to reward people who play it by buying a real drone for them to fly?

So you pay 20-40 bucks for the game (it would be an indy game) and they would have to buy a $200+ drone for every player that gets good enough?

You really dont understand why thats a bad idea that will never happen?

They would be losing hundreds of dollars on every customer who played the game.

Also...why? If you want to fly a drone just go buy a drone.

NO, i mean like to get 99 in every combat skill in runescape it takes like 5 years.. at 12 dollars a month membership. thats 720 dollars to get to maxed gear. imagine playing a drone game where at 99 flying and combat you would get to play dronewars or something.

17 minutes ago, nelska said:

NO, i mean like to get 99 in every combat skill in runescape it takes like 5 years.. at 12 dollars a month membership. thats 720 dollars to get to maxed gear. imagine playing a drone game where at 99 flying and combat you would get to play dronewars or something.

But instead of paying 12 bucks a month for 5 years......why wouldnt you just buy a drone?

This is a very very niche market and tbh I couldnt see many people playing it. sounds boring as hell tbh. Who would want to virtually flying a a real drone when they can just drive a real drone in person?

24 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

But instead of paying 12 bucks a month for 5 years......why wouldnt you just buy a drone?

This is a very very niche market and tbh I couldnt see many people playing it. sounds boring as hell tbh. Who would want to virtually flying a a real drone when they can just drive a real drone in person?

but what if the drone you got in the game came with the fame of a videogame unlockable character/weapon ect. lol.