I think i have a mining virus

Swif bro

when i open my task manager my game runs over 300 fps but i never close it, it closes on its own and then my games fps goes back down to 120 how do i remove a mining virus like this 

Let me guess, you got a 120Hz monitor. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

can you open a cmd prompt and run "tasklist" ?  See anything there that is out of sorts?  If I had doubts...I'd format my drive and do a fresh install...I refuse to have bugs.

13 minutes ago, Levent said:

Let me guess, you got a 120Hz monitor. 

Those monitor viruses suck...

@Stu_Bearya their are a lot of things i don't see when i open regular task manager put i can see here in the cmd 

Ummm...reinstall Win 10...I assume you are running Win 10.  You want to first create a Microsoft account and attach your current OS key to it...so you can reactivate your new install of Win 10...backup all your games and stuffs to a big usb stick or second drive.  I'm not sure if you want to trust anything on any drive you have presently to be honest...so you might want to reinstall all your games to?  Have you ran a security scan of all your disks lately?

9 minutes ago, Swif bro said:

@Stu_Bear were can i find my windows key 

Sorry I don't know if you can find it by looking within your system...someone may know different.  Think you have to create a MS account online and within the account you have the option to register your OS key...link it to your MS account in short...make sense?  The MS service has the black magic required to find the key within your present OS installation -or- MS simply makes a note that your current installation is registered/legit and that you are eligible to have a fresh install activated on that specific machine.  

Then after you reinstall Win 10 you can sign into your MS account online and re-activate your present, fresh install...make sense?  I've not done it that way before...but now I think I should register my current key (or registered/legit installation) cause I'm sure I'll need to do it sometime in the future.

You might want to do a restart, but not before disabling all non essential start up programs in task manager.  Then after restart run "tasklist /v"...should be fewer tasks running...then look for the oddball.  You can write the contents of the command out to a file: "tasklist /v >> listoftasks.txt"

That might help, but i'm just spit balling...

38 minutes ago, Swif bro said:

@Stu_Bear were can i find my windows key 

Your windows key should already be tired into your motherboard (meaning, reinstalling windows on your current system should mean n it gets reactivated immediately)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Imo this is not virus nor issue. You are experiencing this while game is on background, right? So while game isn't the software being rendered. You are not seeing games fps actually increasing but task managers fps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/17/2020 at 7:01 PM, TVwazhere said:

Your windows key should already be tired into your motherboard (meaning, reinstalling windows on your current system should mean n it gets reactivated immediately)

I'm a little late but would like to add this, make sure to get the same edition; Home/Pro!

If you are running Home right now and reinstall Pro, it won't activate.

Kinda obvious, but I've seen people make this mistake before..

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*