Why Professionals Shouldn't Choose Apple

AlexTheGreatish

I have never been this early on this video , i should comment something funny and unique... 

"First" 

Edit: i am assuming this was the video shared on social media that Edzel was uploading 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Is xeon in a laptop normal ?, i feel like this is the first time i have ever seen this

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

1 hour ago, Tamesh16 said:

Is xeon in a laptop normal ?, i feel like this is the first time i have ever seen this

Pro laptops such as Thinkpad, Hp studio book have them. They are kinda rare, due to the requirement of good cooling, thiccness and high price tag.

I do love the cringing at the pricetag to put things in perspective.  3000 gets you a Xeon, a quadro RTX 5000, some truly beast level hardware.  Or the 16 inch macbook pro with a throttled i9, 16 gb 2666mHz RAM, and an rx 580.  Im torn on that choice for sure.   

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

as someone with a work-supplied Xeon/Quadro'd laptop (Dell Precision) for engineering tasks, and a couple months out from the IT refresh cycle, this is very timely content.

15 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Pro laptops such as Thinkpad, Hp studio book have them. They are kinda rare, due to the requirement of good cooling, thiccness and high price tag.

my Thinkpad P50 is definitly thick but a work horse 

On 1/9/2020 at 2:26 AM, AlexTheGreatish said:

Acer has created a laptop with the kinds of features real professionals need in the ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro.

That laptop is horrible.

Im a lawyer and a businessman so, a professional. Unless you were only referring to graph designers and publicists, as long the laptop works fine, reads well, and stays cool temp wise, it will do well on a pro level. And no rgb or those nonesense

7 hours ago, Malchidael said:

That laptop is horrible.

Im a lawyer and a businessman so, a professional. Unless you were only referring to graph designers and publicists, as long the laptop works fine, reads well, and stays cool temp wise, it will do well on a pro level. And no rgb or those nonesense

I was thinking of professionals like engineers, architects, or 3D modelers.  For a lawyer I'd suggest just getting an XPS 13.

On 1/12/2020 at 8:09 AM, Malchidael said:

That laptop is horrible.

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Though in the context of a computer nerd site its certainly geared toward professionals utilizing compute heavy tasks/programs rather than professionals at large. 

Most professionals (professional lawyers, doctors, businesses, racecar drivers, wrestlers etc) can get by with a chromebook on the lower end or a lower spec'd lappy with excel and internet access on the higher end.  Or an apple product, being that they tend to have comparable hardware to the aforementioned (boom, roasted)

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

4 hours ago, Zberg said:

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Though in the context of a computer nerd site its certainly geared toward professionals utilizing compute heavy tasks/programs rather than professionals at large. 

Most professionals (professional lawyers, doctors, businesses, racecar drivers, wrestlers etc) can get by with a chromebook on the lower end or a lower spec'd lappy with excel and internet access on the higher end.  Or an apple product, being that they tend to have comparable hardware to the aforementioned (boom, roasted)

Personally, i dislike chromebooks, at least the ones i've seen in stores are too plastic like.

What i do have laptopwise, is a macbook pro, and a x1 carbon. The macbook tends to get warm but goes well with my ecosystem. The x1 for meetings court etc, and goes well along my pc.

And no, i use far more than msof, there's some software for managing cases files and others for accessing casuistics wich oddly are heavy use.

4 hours ago, Zberg said:

racecar drivers

Well, if they're tuning their cars they'll need Windows. Not the best spec'd machine, but a decent one still. The one in the video is way overkill for this.