is ISP tracks when we surfe a Tor browser

iap

if i surfe a internet to use Tor browser,  is ISP or someone tracks me. Tor surfing is legal 

5 minutes ago, iap said:

if i surfe a internet to use Tor browser,  is ISP or someone tracks me. Tor surfing is legal 

unless you use a VPN everything goes through your ISP, but i belive that TOR has some kind of VPN requirement to use (i can be very wrong on that one).

but in general unless you're tunneling the data then they can see it.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

57 minutes ago, iap said:

Like @flashiling said "unless you use a VPN everything goes through your ISP" I don't know about on PC. But on android it will warn you if your ain't using a VPN, if I'm not mistaken it even comes 2 app bundle one just for VPN if I'm not mistaken

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

59 minutes ago, iap said:

Here is a good article and will explain what you want to know.

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/tor-browser-work-relate-using-vpn/

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

In general, your ISP can see every connection you make to somewhere. They can also see the data, unless it is encrypted.

• If you use a VPN, your ISP can see that you're making a VPN connection to $VpnProvider, but they can't see the data you're sending there (the VPN provider can, however).
  • If you connect to a HTTPS site, your ISP can see that you're making a connection there (e.g. "linustechtips.com") but they can't see any other data except for the hostname. Everything else is encrypted.
  • If you use Tor, your ISP can see that you're using Tor. They can't see which sites you're connecting to etc. since that is, once again, encrypted.

For most purposes HTTPS should be good enough, because while your ISP can see that you're surfing on linustechtips (or wherever) they can't see anything else. And you're not sharing that data with yet another provider (e.g. a VPN provider), who may be selling the data just as much.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply