Windows 7 or 8 for gaming?(Poll)

SImple, Which is better for gaming, windows 7 or 8? I love windows 7 and hate windows eight but im building a new rig and if i get better performance ill go with that instead.

Here is my current build, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2MMPg, critics are welcome

Windows 8 has some speed improvements and supports higher than DirectX 11. (Windows 7 doesn't)

8 gives performance increases. They're minimal but they're there.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

SImple, Which is better for gaming, windows 7 or 8? I love windows 7 and hate windows eight but im building a new rig and if i get better performance ill go with that instead.

build looks fine but why not aftermarket cooler? you can get a super clocked evga acx cooler at the same price 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-03gp42884kr

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Windows 7.

Windows 8 has been absolute shit for me on three machines. Crashes, slow, ugly, horrible support and is just plain messy.

If you get Windows 8, get 8.1.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

8 because 8.1 + Classic Start makes it a better, fancier, faster version of 7. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

8.1 + Boot to desktop = Barely touching the bad stuff.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Been using 8.1 and I never see the Start screen unless I go there on my own. Also, my gaming has improved a tad bit and I don't use V-sync as much either, but that still depends on the game.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

why people hate windows 8? I love it. When I use windows 7 now is sooo boring

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

8.1 Because some games like BF4 benefit from it( i think so)

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I use windows 7 still because I haven't had a problem with it. I know there is a performance boost (slight?) with windows 8 but I like all the features windows 7 has and how simple I find it to use. 

From the times I've used windows 8 (setting up gf new laptop) I really didn't like the user experience and found it difficult to navigate at first. I ended up installing a Start menu because 8.1 hadn't come out yet, which made it a bit more bearable to use. I just think that windows 8 is more suited to touch devices and not desktops.

This is just my experience with it but I will admit that windows 8 does perform better than windows 7. I just prefer to stick with what I know for the moment.

mudgee - Jedi System Builder

8.1 + Boot to desktop = Barely touching the bad stuff.

what bad stuff?

I kinda like the apps, it's something different, and if you ignore them, you're not going to notice them

Most people are just stupid, grumpy, and closed to new/different things.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

what bad stuff?

I kinda like the apps, it's something different, and if you ignore them, you're not going to notice them

Most people are just stupid, grumpy, and closed to new/different things.

I looooooooooove Metro tbh, the Video app, Music app and Photos apps are amazing :3 I love the search, it's much faster than previous versions of Windows and better overall, most people don't like it however so it's deemed "bad" and I dislike the fact settings are so hidden.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I am still using Windows 7 because I love the look and the way it handle things. Windows 8 is like split into 2 parts, the classic part and the modern part. We have video and audio player better than the apps, why do we need them? Many things are poorly implanted. The Wi-Fi settings is in the modern part and the volume control is in the classic part.

Overall the user experience is plain awful on desktop. It is designed for tablets.

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.5GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2*TEAM 8GB DDR3-1600@CL9-9-9-27 | Inno3D GTX 660 HerculeZ 2000s@1200MHz Core 6600MHz Memory | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Antec Kühler H2O 620 | Antec HCG-620 | CoolerMaster Elite 371

Acer Iconia W700: Intel Core i5 3337U | 4GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | 11.6" 1080p Display

Overall the user experience is plain awful on desktop. It is designed for tablets.

thats your opinion ;)

I am still using Windows 7 because I love the look and the way it handle things. Windows 8 is like split into 2 parts, the classic part and the modern part. We have video and audio player better than the apps, why do we need them? Many things are poorly implanted. The Wi-Fi settings is in the modern part and the volume control is in the classic part.

The Apps for video and music are actually very good once you get into using them.

Pro Tip: Force yourself into using Windows 8(.1 preferably) and you will learn to love it and see why it's superior.

The Apps for video and music are actually very good once you get into using them.

I also like the new skype, and the weather app. I disabled boot to desktop, I like booting to metro. When I turn on my pc, first thing I see is the weather, some sports fresh news, and social networks notifications. All really quick, together at the same time on one screen. Without having to make one single click.

W8. small perf boost.

But if you can't be bothered go W7.

or wait for W9.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

W8. small perf boost.

But if you can't be bothered go W7.

or wait for W9.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2QrVH

Improvements I'd make personally, an awful lot more performance.

Not Windows 7 or 8. Just Windows 8.1!

Click the like button if I helped you, it only takes 0.5 seconds and does not cost anything!

+1 on win 8, it is the most modern system out there and will be supported for quite a few years more. Also, the extreme boot speeds on SSDs! The only compatibility issue I had on it was Mass Effect 1. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!