Game Of The Year 2019

Ayush007

Hello Guys,

I hope you all are doing well,

Your opinion is highly valuable for me,

I know many of you guys are die hard fan of gaming ( beating couple of titles in a month).

As you know  2019 is about to get over.

so i thought to get your opinion regarding GOTY.

Which game do you consider as GOTY.??????????

Your cordially

Ayush

Edited by Ayush007

I saw the list of nominees a couple weeks ago and realized I have not played any 2019 released games ?

Closest games to that would be Smash Ultimate (which actually was on the nominees list), but I very much doubt I would be qualified to actually vote!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

For me personally, Truck Simulator. It's a game I can pop on a podcast and just sit back and relax. Sinking into my own little world and ignoring all external distractions. I've got 263 hours already, I only have it a few months.

59 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Which game do you consider as GOTY.??????????

Anno 1800. Hands down. Snagged it for $24.00(historic low) during the Cyber Monday sales using a 20% off 100 UPlay credit code and have been addicted ever since.

49 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Anno 1800. Hands down. Snagged it for $24.00(historic low) during the Cyber Monday sales using a 20% off 100 UPlay credit code and have been addicted ever since.

Great choice ,

seems like you crack a good deal.

????????????????

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

For me personally, Truck Simulator. It's a game I can pop on a podcast and just sit back and relax. Sinking into my own little world and ignoring all external distractions. I've got 263 hours already, I only have it a few months.

Sound like u found this game quite engaging n entertaining , Good choice ?????????.

1 hour ago, minibois said:

I saw the list of nominees a couple weeks ago and realized I have not played any 2019 released games ?

Closest games to that would be Smash Ultimate (which actually was on the nominees list), but I very much doubt I would be qualified to actually vote!

Take it easy dude,

it’s not the end of the world.

You can still play it.

This year's GOTY are actually pretty legit. RE2 and Sekiro are both superb games. However, if I had to pick a singleplayer game that entertained me the most this year I'd go with Metro Exodus. Jedi Fallen Order is also pretty good. I haven't played Control and Outer Worlds yet, but they seem awesome as well. 

By all accounts, Death Stranding has a good atmosphere and story, but the game itself is trash. 

So, personally, Metro Exodus is probably GOTY for me, followed by Age of Wonders: Planetfall, and Mortal Kombat 11 in 3rd place. RAGE2 and Far Cry postapocalypse are the biggest disappointments. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

15 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

If you're not already playing it with a VR headset and a wheel/pedals, get shopping. It's a trio made for each other. ❤️

No game deserves it. It was a crap year. 

In any other year the GOTY finalists people are putting up this year would be thought of as just "good". Like Jedi Fallen Order, it was good, but it wasn't anything special. It wasn't God of War, or Spider-Man, or Red Dead, or Horizon or ...

This was a year of mediocrity and corporate group think, a bunch of games that played it safe and followed a formula set by a far better game before it; with a little "Im a genius" artistic nutcasery from Kojima thrown on top. 

In fact I think its the worst year in gaming this decade. 

Bring on 2020!

I like Mindustry*.

Can't remember any other game besides Enderal: Forgotten Stories, that hooked me so much in 2019.

I edit my posts more often than not

It's RE2 / BIOHAZARD 2 REMAKE no doubt. 

Spoiler

I'd nominate MHW,  but that's technically not 2019 (on PC)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Must say the game that i was most happy to play this year was NFS: Heat. Nothing revolutionary or anything but dam did it bring up some good oll' memories with the atmosphere.