Are You Afraid Of...

Jogostar

Absolutely. Almost anyone who says they "aren't afraid of death" is just trying to be edgy. Your basic survival instincts are there to avert death, (hence survival instincts) so everyone is naturally afraid of death. And you should be.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I'm not afraid of death, but I'm afraid of the pain that could come before death. Gunshot wound, torture, injury, etc.

I ain't afraid of Natural death. Has to come at some point.

People will say they're not afraid. But that last moment when their life is slipping everyone is afraid. It's not the dying itself that's scary, it's the not knowing what's about to come that is.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Death itself, no. The process of dying, yes!

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

post-5552-0-24825800-1391941376.gif

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

People will say they're not afraid. But that last moment when their life is slipping everyone is afraid. It's not the dying itself that's scary, it's the not knowing what's about to come that is.

this is the dumbest comment i have seen today.

Absolutely. Almost anyone who says they "aren't afraid of death" is just trying to be edgy. Your basic survival instincts are there to avert death, (hence survival instincts) so everyone is naturally afraid of death. And you should be.

If that were true then people wouldn't kill themselves. 

I have learnt (through both personal experience and watching people die) that how people feel and respond to death changes over time and circumstances.  Every time something changes in your life your fear/lack of fear changes. I.E having kids, loosing a sibling/partner, parents being diagnosed with cancer, best friend becomes seriously ill,  Car accident etc.   For me right now I don't know, the thought of not being around for my kids and the pain they would go through if I died scares the absolute shit out of me, however the thought of not paying another bill, working another day, listening to whiny greedy pigs whinge about how life is so unfair, is blissful.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have learnt (through both personal experience and watching people die) that how people feel and respond to death changes over time and circumstances.  Every time something changes in your life your fear/lack of fear changes. I.E having kids, loosing a sibling/partner, parents being diagnosed with cancer, best friend becomes seriously ill,  Car accident etc.   For me right now I don't know, the thought of not being around for my kids and the pain they would go through if I died scares the absolute shit out of me, however the thought of not paying another bill, working another day, listening to whiny greedy pigs whinge about how life is so unfair, is blissful.

that's just obvious, clearly the reason most people fear death of because of the responsibility they have, the things they leave behind that they can no longer interact with, theres nothing to fear from death itself as it will be non existence, you can't fear nothing, you wont even exist to fear or have emotions, you fear for the people and things that will continue to be when you are no longer, the responsibilities you had that you can no longer fulfill, something as simple as getting a girlfriend might make someone fear death.

that's just obvious, clearly the reason most people fear death of because of the responsibility they have, the things they leave behind that they can no longer interact with, theres nothing to fear from death itself as it will be non existence, you can't fear nothing, you wont even exist to fear or have emotions, you fear for the people and things that will continue to be when you are no longer, the responsibilities you had that you can no longer fulfill, something as simple as getting a girlfriend might make someone fear death.

you'd be surprised just how many people it isn't obvious for.  As for the whole "there's nothing to fear from death" well this is only an opinion and not valid for everyone.  We have no idea what each person specifically fears, some people (like my neighbor) feared what would happen to him after he died.  If someone fears what happens to them after death then that fear is valid and that fear is real. What I think you mean to say is you won't/can't fear anything after death.  But this is greatly different than a fear of the aftermath of death. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

you'd be surprised just how many people it isn't obvious for.  As for the whole "there's nothing to fear from death" well this is only an opinion and not valid for everyone.  We have no idea what each person specifically fears, some people (like my neighbor) feared what would happen to him after he died.  If someone fears what happens to them after death then that fear is valid and that fear is real. What I think you mean to say is you won't/can't fear anything after death.  But this is greatly different than a fear of the aftermath of death. 

exactly, my point was, fearing death is something you do when you are alive, not afterwards, i myself don't think theres anything to fear from death but that's my personal opinion, the faraos buildt massive giant fucking Pyramids and statues because they feared being forgotten, for some that in itself is enough, being terrified of being forgotten or not leaving behind a finger print of their existence, it will be as if they never existed in the first place, in my opinion that is petty and patethic, a good example of the human ego always wanting or imagining to be more important than we actually are, as to wether you fear death itself or the things related to it is purely up to speculation and how you define it.

Am I afraid of death? I think so. I'm only 17 at the moment. I have a VERY long time left to live (as long as nothing bad happens to me). But the thought of there being an end to my life does scare me. I don't want to be away from the people I care about, ever. People say having eternal life would be more of a curse than a blessing, but I disagree. If you could be with the people you cared about most in the world forever, would you want to cease to exist?

There is no reason why we can't live forever. We are all made of atoms, the remains of dead stars. Protons, neutrons, electrons, which make the proteins, lipids and carbohydrates that form our bodies and our consciousness. We only die because our ability to continue synthesising these materials diminishes over time. Medical science will find a way around this, one day.

Right now is probably one of the best times to be alive. The human race is on the verge of incredible discoveries within the next few hundred years. I am sad that I probably won't get to see any of these discoveries. There is so much to explore in the universe, more than a lifetime will let you see. Advancements in technology and space travel will eventually make intergalactic space flight possible. So I just hope to make as big a contribution as I can, so perhaps I can get just a small glimpse of what is out there

The thing that scares me about death is what comes after. That might be irrational, yes, but the thought of there just being nothing after death is something I can't comprehend. It is a perfectly logical conclusion to life, but it feels like such a cold prospect. I just hope I can be with the people I love when I go, that's all.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

...Death?

I'm just wondering what you people think.

@looney @WoodenMarker @Windspeed36

Now if even one person comes up with some religion discussion and it escelated, I'd like one of the mods to remove this.

Please keep it civilized people. I'm looking at you @beebskadoo :P

I don't know what to say. i'm not that religious but I belive there is some kind of God. I always wanted to know what happnes after

I think about it all the time, but that doesn't mean that I want it to happen... I don't know why.

It always puzzles me... I ask questions like "How will I die?" "Who will die with me, or am I going to die alone?" and most of all... "WHEN will I die?"

It seems kinda crazy, but you'll never know when your life is going to end. It may be next year, next month, next week, tomorrow, next hour, or even this minute.

You'll never know who's going to meet death... you, me, a family member, a close friend. And when we pass away, what will happen then? Will we meet our loved ones one last time to say goodbye? Or do we just end up in this blank space of darkness, waiting for something, something that will fill our empty body .... or are we even concious at all... will we even see with our eyes what lies in front of us, or what's behind... hiding from us...

I'm not saying I'm not scared, because I actually really am. I'm just saying.... Death is unpredictable, and just the thought of that scares the heck out of me.

EDIT: Just saw some pics on facebook, someone's relative passed away. They took some pictures with themselves and the coffin, and they were smiling. Why would they be smiling? If I were to be in that funeral, I would NEVER smile... even if someone made a funny joke. I'm a serious dude, sorry.

this is the dumbest comment i have seen today.

Ah yes, the good old " I don't understand or agree with what you said therefore it is dumb" comment. The hypocrisy coming from your finger tips. :rolleyes:  

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

one can not simply fear death till he hath stared death in the face. In which case I have come quite close. passed out face down in water. luckily my dad pulled me in the boat before my body tried to inhale water. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

...Death?

I'm just wondering what you people think.

@looney @WoodenMarker @Windspeed36

Now if even one person comes up with some religion discussion and it escelated, I'd like one of the mods to remove this.

Please keep it civilized people. I'm looking at you @beebskadoo :P

It's not the fear of death it's the anticipation of death.

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

one can not simply fear death till he hath stared death in the face. In which case I have come quite close. passed out face down in water. luckily my dad pulled me in the boat before my body tried to inhale water. 

i dodged death 3 times now,so i agree

I'm not afraid of death myself, but I am afraid of the death of loved ones like my grandparents and my dad who just turned 60.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

No. I am not afraid of dying. I only fear the implications of death.
I am afraid of losing the people i love. Not being able to be there if they need my help.

Not being able to spend any more time with my family and friends scares me more than what might come after death.

Having had a reminder that death is close at all times i enjoy living a lot more than i did before.

I want to experience as much as i can during my lifetime. And i want to do as much as i can while i am alive too.

Dying without leaving atleast a small mark on history scares me aswell.

And since i am the last person in my fathers family line. I don't want it to end with me.

Personally i am curious about what comes after this life. But that is a question i dont want answered just yet.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yes.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)