iPhone 11 or Razer Phone 2

Anthony813
Go to solution Solved by pumas,
8 minutes ago, Anthony813 said:

I was decided for the Razer Phone 2, but then an amazing deal came for the iPhone 11 (black friday). 60GB of data, 64gb red version, for only £33 per month (75 upfront). The razer phone comes at 12gb, £29. I first chose the Razer because it had good specs, a brilliant screen and speakers, as well as battery, but now i do not know what to do. Battery is my worry as my iPhone 7 barely lasts, and i am afraid to get an iPhone again. I use my phone for everything, whether it be gaming or social media, camera is not important. I give my phone a very heavy use, so I would need a battery that can last quite a lot. 

iPhone 11 because its just more suitable for everything while Razor phone is specifically made for gaming. You can game on a iPhone 11 as well but the only thing you would be not losing is the refresh rate of the Razor Phone.

I was decided for the Razer Phone 2, but then an amazing deal came for the iPhone 11 (black friday). 60GB of data, 64gb red version, for only £33 per month (75 upfront). The razer phone comes at 12gb, £29. I first chose the Razer because it had good specs, a brilliant screen and speakers, as well as battery, but now i do not know what to do. Battery is my worry as my iPhone 7 barely lasts, and i am afraid to get an iPhone again. I use my phone for everything, whether it be gaming or social media, camera is not important. I give my phone a very heavy use, so I would need a battery that can last quite a lot. 

8 minutes ago, Anthony813 said:

iPhone 11 because its just more suitable for everything while Razor phone is specifically made for gaming. You can game on a iPhone 11 as well but the only thing you would be not losing is the refresh rate of the Razor Phone.

Pumas.EXE has stopped responding...

• CPU
    RYZEN 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    ASROCK B450 PRO 4
  • RAM
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
  • GPU
    PowerColor RX 5700
  • Case
    Corsair Carbide 275r
  • Storage
    intel 660p 512 GB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec PS650BSM

Think of it this way:

Do you want a good camera? iPhone

Do you enjoy using the Apple Eco system? iPhone

Do you like Android? Razer Phone

120hz of pure bliss? Razer Phone

It's as simply as, which do you value more?

A phone with a fantastic camera, decent battery life and all the "Apple" benifits.

-- OR --

The customisability of Android, great battery life and the silky smooth 120hz display.

I would personally go with the Razer Phone, but that's only because I perfer Android over iPhone.

My current Set-Up: (Now in RGB)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 | CPU cooler: EVGA CLC 280 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Classified @ 2050MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2 | Boot SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB on a SilverStone SST-ECM20 | Game Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB | Main Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM | Back-up Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 5900RPM in software RAID-1 | Recording Drive: Samsung SpinPoint 160GB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT S340 Elite Black/Red | OS: Windows 10 Professional | Keyboard: Cyborg V.7 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + HP Compaq LA1951g | Speakers: Sony PCVA-SP2 (Which sound FANTASTIC) | Headset: HyperX Cloud II

1 hour ago, Anthony813 said:

Echoing the iPhone 11 recommendation.

The Razer Phone 2 isn't terrible, but you're getting mediocre battery life just to say you have a 120Hz display.  The iPhone 11, meanwhile, already has a reputation for a genuinely great battery.  (I had an iPhone 7 before my XS... it was average, but I hear you.)

Besides, one of the unstated advantages of the iPhone is that gaming and social media tends to be better.  You get new features sooner, the apps tend to run better, and if a title doesn't launch simultaneously across platforms, it's probably coming to iOS first.  Instagram and Snapchat in particular tend to perform better.

You should also consider the way these devices can be handled on a daily basis. The Razer Phone 2 is just huge and definitely not as portable as the iPhone.

Also in terms of software updates you'd be better off with the iPhone considering Asus' history with software in general and Android in particular.

I wouldn't say the Razers screen is brilliant, but it does have a high refresh rate.

How about the OnePlus devices? Are they available to you? I feel there's probably a better option on the Android front.

60GB of data a month? That is. Insane.

On 11/25/2019 at 8:38 AM, Pumas_committed_bottleneck said:

No phone is really made specifically for any task. The Razer will still perform perfectly fine in every other facet.

2 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

You should also consider the way these devices can be handled on a daily basis. The Razer Phone 2 is just huge and definitely not as portable as the iPhone.

Also in terms of software updates you'd be better off with the iPhone considering Asus' history with software in general and Android in particular.

Eh the size isn't really that different. Less than a centimeter. You get used to it pretty quick.

Asus has nothing to do with this...and even if they did, Asus is actually pretty good with updates.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

the size isn't really that different. Less than a centimeter. You get used to it pretty quick.

The ROG Phone is huge. Actually the iPhone is pretty big too but still feels a lot more compact in the hand and in the pocket. The ROG is also a lot thicker. You can compare them here: https://phonesized.com/compare/

Screenshot_20191127-014242.thumb.jpg.10530b2ee84f29269a4275f6bc42ec9d.jpg

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

Asus is actually pretty good with updates.

The original ROG Phone still hasn't received the Android 9 update and is barely a year old. The iPhone one on the other hand will be updated for like 5 years or so.

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

The ROG Phone is huge. Actually the iPhone is pretty big too but still feels a lot more compact in the hand and in the pocket. The ROG is also a lot thicker. You can compare them here: https://phonesized.com/compare/

The original ROG Phone still hasn't received the Android 9 update and is barely a year old. The iPhone one on the other hand will be updated for like 5 years or so.

Correct. The ROG phone is huge. That's not being discussed here.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

13 hours ago, dizmo said:

Correct. The ROG phone is huge. That's not being discussed here.

Mind you, the Razer Phone 2 is both taller and wider while offering a smaller screen, so it's still a less-than-sterling prospect unless you absolutely insist on a 120Hz display and are willing to make the sacrifices that come with it.