LTX20 Suggestions!

CPotter

Hey everyone,

As we start to plan next year's LTX event, we'd love to know what you'd all like to see at the show! This can be anything from booths, activities, Q&A topics, other content creators, etc, that you'd like to see present. :) Let us know and we'll try to explore all ideas.

@CPotter

I think it would be really cool if you could invite Techmoan (Mat) to LTX20. For enthusisats of vintage and retro audio/video equipment and formats, Techmoan is probably the best content creator to represent that portion of tech releated channels (if you know what I mean). Mat has a huge passion for this sort of stuff and I think he would be a great guest/asset to have at LTX20. If you are going to invite him, I'd send him an email NOW because he comes from the UK and he'll need time to sort things out. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

• Better lighting would be nice for the stages and the b-roll cameras.
  • Are you able to do passes with accounts to keep track of which activities were done? For use with the activities with prizes so there isn't a need to sign-up every time.
  • More options for purchasing items. Whether its some of the other YouTubers merch or sponsor brands. Would be nice to have a place to buy things without shipping cost (flight not included).

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

Bring Louis Rossmann since he missed LTX 2019.  He could do a live repair on stage of someone's mac book.

I think he'd be up for a section that is dedicated to a nerf gun war too.

And depending on the size, if it's smaller, have it be at the Richmond Olympic Oval.

MORE FLOATPLANE SHIRTS

I got one of the floatplane pins to get one of them last year but they ran out which gave me the big sad

Dont scrap WAN Show Live

It was by far my favorite event at LTX19

Merch Combo Deals

I'm a student in UK and I basically dont spend any money all year to afford to fly to LTX. I was able to pick up a stealth hoodie (love it btw) but maybe like the combo deals there are on wan show that could apply in person at LTX 

In general, it was basically spot on last year these are nit picking points. Also, please announce the dates as soon as possible so flights dont get too pricey.

❤️❤️❤️ 

Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz

CPU Cooler: EK Water Loop - Pastel White Fluid

Video/Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Single Fan (+220 core, +225 mem, manual)

PSU: Corsair RM750i Modular PSU - with Silverstone white extensions

RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (8GB x 2) @ 3000MHz

Peripherals:

• AOC 29" 1080p Monitor (2x)
  • ASUS ROG Cerberus Headset
  • Corsair K90 Keyboard
  • Corsair RGB Strafe Mouse

http://i.imgur.com/TxY11t7.gif

On 11/19/2019 at 4:05 PM, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@CPotter

I think it would be really cool if you could invite Techmoan (Mat) to LTX20. For enthusisats of vintage and retro audio/video equipment and formats, Techmoan is probably the best content creator to represent that portion of tech releated channels (if you know what I mean). Mat has a huge passion for this sort of stuff and I think he would be a great guest/asset to have at LTX20. If you are going to invite him, I'd send him an email NOW because he comes from the UK and he'll need time to sort things out. 

OMG YES and also LGR would an absolute blast!!

Could we have a PC v.s. iMac skit with like Linus and iJustine or something? Also, maybe a second location for LTX? Like Midwestern America or East Coast? I think it would also be cool if you showed off computers from old Build Guides (e.g. The ALL RGB Build Guide and Rave PC Build Log).

get people that have no idea how to build a pc and make and have them try and direct a build guide then have people pc veterans judge if its as bad as the verge's "how we built a $2000 custom gaming pc"

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Wasn’t there a guy who suggested holding it in Jacksonville? I vote for that.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Maybe a Computer Hardware Diagnosis challenge? Public bring their broken hardware, contestants are told information about it (what isn't working, symptoms etc.) and the first one to guess the problem wins a Titan RTX or something.

computer build race! Linus vs Luke or whoever to see who can build a computer with the same components the fastest. all parts in boxes at the start of the timer, and the timer ends when you fully set up windows to the desktop

On 11/21/2019 at 2:14 AM, the99er said:

Bring Louis Rossmann since he missed LTX 2019.  He could do a live repair on stage of someone's mac book.

I think he'd be up for a section that is dedicated to a nerf gun war too.

And depending on the size, if it's smaller, have it be at the Richmond Olympic Oval.

He was going to be there, but some shit went down and he didn't go.

How about a contest, a contest to see who can make the

stupidest facial expression

strangest facial expression

most contorted facial expression

*think jim carey*

and the top 3 contestants receive ltt merch, say 3rd place gets a cheap orange alum cup, 2nd place gets a more expensive ltt hoody, and first place gets a tour of the warehouse and their face on the official ltx 2020 video.

8 minutes ago, Tyrannosaur said:

He was going to be there, but some shit went down and he didn't go.

what shit was that?

14 minutes ago, Tyrannosaur said:

computer build race!

nice one, but what about also a computer repair race, fix the problem at hand whether it be a plugged in but not in in monitor cable, a slightly ajar gpu car, bad ram, bad gpu.

On 11/30/2019 at 11:22 PM, MetalGappy said:

Nerf Shootout!  Teams of 3v3 or 4v4.

i like that, i like that alot but i think it would take up too much space on the arena floor

On 11/28/2019 at 1:27 PM, aisle9 said:

Wasn’t there a guy who suggested holding it in Jacksonville? I vote for that.

jackson missippi or florida or wyoming

see the cost would be too high

you see the cdn dollar is devalued compared to the greenback, also all the flight costs for all linus employees

i doubt it would ever happen, and there is no reason to hold it in seattle or tacoma

what a point is, maybe not valid, is getting 2cent jay and other online channels to come in on ltx hosting

On 11/19/2019 at 5:27 PM, CPotter said:

Hey everyone,

As we start to plan next year's LTX event, we'd love to know what you'd all like to see at the show! This can be anything from booths, activities, Q&A topics, other content creators, etc, that you'd like to see present. :) Let us know and we'll try to explore all ideas.

Hello,

I doubt I can make it next year but I'dlike to suggest Brands to rethink the way they interact with the audience to avoid terrible lines. I'm thinking of MSI as an example. They had one activity and for one person at a time, you'd had to spend some hours in line to get there.

As for content creators, may I suggest inviting Simone Giertz? Her robots on the show would be awesome.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:05 PM, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@CPotter

I don’t know if there would be much interest in techmoan At LTX. Don’t get me wrong he is an awesome youtuber and I watch all his vids, but I’m also an audiophile with 4,000 odd records in addition to being into pc building.

I think it would be cool if there was a booth for the parents who are there for their kid(s). Kind of like a "Computers 101 Booth" for parents who want to try and understand their nerdy kid(s) better.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:37 AM, bejamartins said:

Hello,

I doubt I can make it next year but I'dlike to suggest Brands to rethink the way they interact with the audience to avoid terrible lines. I'm thinking of MSI as an example. They had one activity and for one person at a time, you'd had to spend some hours in line to get there.

As for content creators, may I suggest inviting Simone Giertz? Her robots on the show would be awesome.

On 12/2/2019 at 8:38 PM, amdorintel said:

what shit was that?

Something to do with Louis's girlfriend getting shafted on her LTX accommodations. Someone at LMG refused to pay her ticket and hotel when Louis's was already paid.

I like to think Linus had no involvement with it as he and Louis seemed to have been in good standing with each other. Nothing has really been said from Linus on it. Louis talked about it in a live stream around the time of LTX 2019 but he didn't go into much detail.

2 hours ago, Tyrannosaur said:

Something to do with Louis's girlfriend getting shafted on her LTX accommodations. Someone at LMG refused to pay her ticket and hotel when Louis's was already paid.

I like to think Linus had no involvement with it as he and Louis seemed to have been in good standing with each other. Nothing has really been said from Linus on it. Louis talked about it in a live stream around the time of LTX 2019 but he didn't go into much detail.

Accidental quote? :P

On 12/3/2019 at 4:21 PM, ajenningstech said:

I think it would be cool if there was a booth for the parents who are there for their kid(s). Kind of like a "Computers 101 Booth" for parents who want to try and understand their nerdy kid(s) better.

a section for the parents with a beer tent

On 12/2/2019 at 8:38 PM, amdorintel said:

How about a contest, a contest to see who can make the

stupidest facial expression

strangest facial expression

most contorted facial expression

*think jim carey*

and the top 3 contestants receive ltt merch, say 3rd place gets a cheap orange alum cup, 2nd place gets a more expensive ltt hoody, and first place gets a tour of the warehouse and their face on the official ltx 2020 video.

LMG cosplay.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:07 AM, Tyrannosaur said:

Ah damn.  I started watching his channels right after ltx 2019 too.  Found the video:

Edited by the99er
found the video where he talks about it

On 12/3/2019 at 4:37 PM, bejamartins said:

As for content creators, may I suggest inviting Simone Giertz? Her robots on the show would be awesome

+1 For Simone, even better if you could get her to bring Truckla™ along (custom home-made Tesla truck, made waaaay before the Cybertruck, she even sneaked it into the Cybertruck unveiling event :D )