My Google account got banned

wasab

I use Google for authentication. Recently, that Google account was banned by Google.(long story. Basically I was using it in a web application that I built for email verification. Google detects bot spamming and banned it).

So far my appeal to Google has no response. I am afraid to log out now knowing I will no longer have a way to log back in to the forum. How do I address this? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

When I read the title of the thread I thought this was going to be related to that emoji spamming issue on YouTube. I just have to ask though, why were you using a primary email to test anything? Setting up throwaway accounts take no time. 

Just now, Ehmc130 said:

When I read the title of the thread I thought this was going to be related to that emoji spamming issue on YouTube. I just have to ask though, why were you using a primary email to test anything? Setting up throwaway accounts take no time. 

That was a 2ndary email account I set up years ago just for the purpose of password recovery in case I need to recover my main account. I just happened to also set up my forum account with it because my main account has two factor authentication and everything so quiet a pain to sign in on another device that is not already authenticated. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

6 minutes ago, wasab said:

That was a 2ndary email account I set up years ago just for the purpose of password recovery in case I need to recover my main account. I just happened to also set up my forum account with it because my main account has two factor authentication and everything so quiet a pain to sign in on another device that is not already authenticated. 

Oh OK, I was hoping that was the case but I wasn't sure reading your original issue. 

AFAIK Google Auth isn't based on your Google account. If that's your issue here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

AFAIK Google Auth isn't based on your Google account. If that's your issue here.

pretty sure it is otherwise it won't tell me that your google account has been ban each time i use that as an option to sign into the forum. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

9 minutes ago, wasab said:

pretty sure it is otherwise it won't tell me that your google account has been ban each time i use that as an option to sign into the forum. 

But it's just app. You can use it without Google account. Now, if you have linked Google account to forum, that might be different.

I can test this later with my tablet. But if they were connected, moving devices wouldn't be such a pain.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

But it's just app. You can use it without Google account. Now, if you have linked Google account to forum, that might be different.

I can test this later with my tablet. But if they were connected, moving devices wouldn't be such a pain.

The issue here, as I understand it, is "sign in with Google" and not 2FA using Google authenticator.

@wasabdo my instructions above work for you? 

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

The issue here, as I understand it, is "sign in with Google" and not 2FA using Google authenticator.

That was my understanding too. Noting that login with Google account AND Google Auth service are different and aren't automatically connected.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yes. I added steam account and remove the old Google sign in. It's all good now. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

*** Thread cleaned ***

Let's just stay on topic, shall we. This is about forum login, not the actual account being banned for whatever reason.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv