Great .. My car just got stolen

dylandylandylan

Hey guys!

Thought I'd just vent a little here.

My Toyota trueno just got stolen this morning. I know it isn't much, but it was mine, I'm fully insured and all, but nothing can really pay back the hard work and time I put into my car ..

I've rung the police and it's now reported as stolen, and I've also contacted my insurance company.

If you guys have had something stolen off you, how did you deal with it? Did you think you were going to get it back, or did you know it was gone forever?

R.I.P.

2fYtqzg.jpg

#!

RIP :( have you contacted the police?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Awww :(

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

RIP :( have you contacted the police?

I have, it's been reported stolen as soon as I knew it was gone. 

#!

hope you get it back  :(

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Damn, that is one nice car. What engine? V6?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Ouch. Sorry man that sucks.

This sucks dude. Hope everything turns out alright :) You never know when some good Samaritan shows up :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/kijiji-ad-recovers-stolen-iphone-with-memories-of-late-brother-1.2515744

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Damn, that is one nice car. What engine? V6?

Nah just a little 4 cylinder, it's a high revving 4-age.

#!

Hope for the best, expect the worst and you never get TOO depressed about your loss. That sucks though man, the worst I've gotten stolen was my wallet with $50 and my smartphone (both at the same time)

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Sorry to hear guy :( . I have had 2 cars stolen but had lojack on both, lucky they were recovered before they got stripped to hell. Give it a couple days before you lose all hope. If you don't get them back I hope the insurance claim eases the pain somewhat. 

Nah just a little 4 cylinder, it's a high revving 4-age.

ahhh, sucks man. Hope you get it back.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Sorry to hear guy :( . I have had 2 cars stolen but had lojack on both, lucky they were recovered before they got stripped to hell. Give it a couple days before you lose all hope. If you don't get them back I hope the insurance claim eases the pain somewhat. 

Now that's something I need in hindsight eh, even a cheap android phone with a GPS locator under the spare wheel would have done the trick, ah oh well, hindsight is a beautiful thing.

#!

That was one pretty car. From a Toyota fanboy, I am sorry :(

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That sucks. I hope it turns out for the best.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hope for the best, expect the worst and you never get TOO depressed about your loss. That sucks though man, the worst I've gotten stolen was my wallet with $50 and my smartphone (both at the same time)

That was one pretty car. From a Toyota fanboy, I am sorry :(

That sucks. I hope it turns out for the best.

Cheers guys, I have a feeling that it won't turn up again, probably just stripped for parts unfortunately, but! on wards and upwards eh.

#!

Aww I know it's not the same but someone a month ago smashed by passenger window. Hopefully someone finds it before something happens to it.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Now that's something I need in hindsight eh, even a cheap android phone with a GPS locator under the spare wheel would have done the trick, ah oh well, hindsight is a beautiful thing.

That's exactly what I was thinking of when my bike got stolen :(

Awww dammit! I really feel for you man. Must be a serious loss. Like you said, its not about the money or the hassle. Its about the time you spent in it.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I'm not a Toyota person (more of a Buick Skylark person. Them little cars could take a beating and still rip your sack off), but that is one nice looking car. I really hope you get it back dude. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This is why I sometimes wish people went insane and booby trapped their homes/cars like Charles Bronson would.  Teach those low lifes a lesson, in PAIN.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

This is why I sometimes wish people went insane and booby trapped their homes/cars like Charles Bronson would.  Teach those low lifes a lesson, in PAIN.

I just wish the police here used bait cars to take down these thieves like they did for a while in the UK. So many car thieves here and they just don't get caught.

Or something from stickdeath ;)

#!

I just wish the police here used bait cars to take down these thieves like they did for a while in the UK. So many car thieves here and they just don't get caught.

Or something from stickdeath ;)

In California they do that somewhat often.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

In California they do that somewhat often.

It's a smart idea, if we did it here, I'm sure it'd have more of an impact than in the states mind you, just a smaller population, and higher risk of being caught, at the moment there is little risk for car thieves here, and it's practically a slap on the wrist if they do get caught.

#!

It's a smart idea, if we did it here, I'm sure it'd have more of an impact than in the states mind you, just a smaller population, and higher risk of being caught, at the moment there is little risk for car thieves here, and it's practically a slap on the wrist if they do get caught.

Wow. NZ carjackers get off easy. But honestly though, since I have to think about getting a car soon, I can honestly say that I'm sorry, and I hope you get it back. I know that if my first car would get stolen, I would be so furious and sad, I would be damn near emotionless. Hell this guy (a guy from Michigan like me) just damaged his Diablo and he was pretty devastated (that would be me by times 100 by the way if my car was stolen).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler