Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs

NCIX: N/A

Amazon: http://georiot.co/2uWy

My unboxing & review of the Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs (earphones) is here. It's a bit of a niche product, and the reason why will be quite obvious if you watch the video, but there's no denying how amazing they sound.

where can i unbox that shirt? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Do my eyes deceive me. This is the definition of frivolous. 

god's love ,Exodus 31:15 , Deuteronomy 17:2-7 , Deuteronomy 13:13-19 , Leviticus 24:16 , Leviticus 20:9, Leviticus 20:10 , Leviticus 20:13 , Deuteronomy 21:18-21 , Matthew 18: 7-9 , 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 , 1 Timothy 2:11-12 , Leviticus 25:44, Exodus 21:20 , Titus 2:9 , Isaiah 13:15/16/18 , Hosea 13:16 , Numbers 31:17-18

Dayum Girl! Do your hair @LinusTech

:P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Do my eyes deceive me. This is the definition of frivolous. 

My shirt or the IEMs?

They look hefty. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Quick question for @LinusTech

I have been looking for something like this product, something that sits in my ear well, because I haven't been able to find IEM's that won't fall out of m ear. Do these stay in your ear well? and also do they go to far in to the point of hurting your ear? if so, did you get used to it?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I have been looking for something like this product, something that sits in my ear well, because I haven't been able to find IEM's that won't fall out of m ear. Do these stay in your ear well? and also do they go to far in to the point of hurting your ear? if so, did you get used to it?

They stay in for sure. Once they're in, they're not coming out.

I found that once inserted, they weren't bad, but getting them in and out was a bit of a chore.

It's easy to accidentally put them in far enough to hurt, but if you're careful it's fine.

Those last 3 lines taken out of context... Wow.

Watching it in 144p on t-mobile 2G tethered wireless to a desktop. lol. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I found that once inserted, they weren't bad, but getting them in and out was a bit of a chore.

It's easy to accidentally put them in far enough to hurt, but if you're careful it's fine.

you know, for once my mind wasn't in the gutter the whole time lol

Hail Sithis!

My shirt or the IEMs?

A direct reply? Me? And the Lord said^^

To which I responded, the ear monitors. However, I would gladly call that shirt into question if it means you'll start doing shirtless unboxings

Imposing Edit- If I still have your attention, you should momentarily pause and consider hiring a journalism undergrad to start doing game reviews for your channel. Said person should be female, articulate, attractive, polite, and unaware of her deathly cuteness. 

god's love ,Exodus 31:15 , Deuteronomy 17:2-7 , Deuteronomy 13:13-19 , Leviticus 24:16 , Leviticus 20:9, Leviticus 20:10 , Leviticus 20:13 , Deuteronomy 21:18-21 , Matthew 18: 7-9 , 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 , 1 Timothy 2:11-12 , Leviticus 25:44, Exodus 21:20 , Titus 2:9 , Isaiah 13:15/16/18 , Hosea 13:16 , Numbers 31:17-18

"moistening eases insertion" 

linus ear buttplugs 2014 edition

A direct reply? Me? And the Lord said^^

To which I responded, the ear monitors. However, I would gladly call that shirt into question if it means you'll start doing shirtless unboxings

I'd say the IEMs are actually about as a practical as you can get for a high end in-ear device. They're very utilitarian and sound MUCH clearer than anything else I've encountered at that price point.

I'd say the IEMs are actually about as a practical as you can get for a high end in-ear device. They're very utilitarian and sound MUCH clearer than anything else I've encountered at that price point.

Agreed, within that frame of reference. However, it is a bit jarring to see something that fragile, and easily misplaced, find its way to into a high end market. 

Meanwhile, in your subconscious, you are considering expanding your channel to include game reviews. You can thank this individual later, a shout out or an open exchange to be held during the weekly show would suffice. This never happened. Good thing you didn't directly respond to the second part of my statement, then I'd have to quote you on, possibly, agreeing to such a sensible request. I'm female if that makes the situation any better. 

Call me crazy but I really hate the "fun" sound. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 PROs and I love the way they sound... Flat. I use them on my daily driver desktop setup and I use Razer Krackens for walking to and fro in school or in bed watching youtube videos. I find the bassy sound of them fatiguing at some points and just want a clean sound signature. But then again thats just me...

I think that it really depends on the type of music and the mood you are in. For bass heavy music, I would prefer to have a little more umph to my music rather than it being flat. Though there may be vocals in some trance/house music, the bass would be more appealing to me in that situation rather than just the vocals. That isn't to say that I would like the music to be muddled with bass. 

@LinusTech Is there is any perceivable difference in the frequency response going from 3-flange to foam eartips? 

I got a pair of Shure SE425's for concerts, and when I play at clubs. these might be the next thing with all those accecories.  Having said that, I did pay 300ish for the shure ones...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Yes, I was wondering the same thing where can i get the "unboxer" shirt? it's so Bosss

Take a look at shures SE range.

Good review as always linus. kudos. But i think you must include microphonics on every headphones / earphone review. (you know, when the cable rubs off your shirt the sound it makes.) because it matters to a substantial chunk of your viewers. those etys are audiophile-esque earphones so including it on your review makes sense... but other than that, i'd like to try one myself. maybe do custom fit earphone reviews from the likes of unique melody, JH audio, 1964ears? we'd like to see if customs appeal to you.  ;) cmon.... 

and do a side by side comparo including the etys with a similar single ba's like them shures, or from the like of westones etc.

anyways, nice review! keep it up!

Any owners out there? What about highs? I mean 18K and above.

INWIN EMR-040 w/ Power Rebel RB-S450HQ7-0 | ASUS P8B75M-LX | Intel Core i5 3450 | Zalman CNPS5X Performa | SK Hynix 2x2 GB 1600 (9-9-9-27) | ASUS GTX 650 (GTX650-E-1GD5, 1200/5500 @ 1,137) | Plextor M5S 128 GB (PX-0128M5S) | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB (ST1000DM003) | Windows 8 Pro

liked the video, disliked the product. i just hate shoving something THAT far back in my ear.... ugh. 

i know its for better noise isolation, but still, i wouldnt buy em. 

actually i COULDNT buy them ;)

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)