Canadian band "Skinny Puppy" has its music used for torture in Guantanamo Bay.

Faceplosion

http://www.cbc.ca/asithappens/features/2014/02/04/canadian-band-skinny-puppy-claims-its-music-used-for-torture-at-guantanamo/

The music isn't the worst thing in the world, but I can see how having that blasted at you would make it impossible to sleep and basically drive a person insane. The sounds are heavy, repetitive and uses an large amount of dissonant (ugly sounding) chords.

It would be torture to my ears, that's for sure.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well I would tell them anything they wanted to know if they forced me to listen to that crap

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Makes sense I could only bring myself to listen to it for about 12 seconds.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Wow, i feel bad for the inmates  :unsure:

Literally hurts my hears

I quite like that... Different but complex...

Ture torture is surely Justin Bieber?

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

I definitely like the song myself. I could listen to this for quite awhile. I mean any song being played way too many times constantly would be annoying. I do like the repetitive complex sounding cords though.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Did they get royalties for every play?

the band is sending the U.S. Department of Defense an invoice for $666,000 for its use of their music.

That money...$666,000.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Are they expecting to actually get their $600,000?? Its not like they were using it for profit

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Are they expecting to actually get their $600,000?? Its not like they were using it for profit

it%2Bs%2Bnot%2Babout%2Bthe%2Bmoney%2B_c1

added the song to my favourites list :P
it wasn't that bad. And now i can make myself immune to another form of torture :ph34r:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

this really isnt something to joke about,  music torture is actual serious torture.
if I had a band and I found out that my music  was being used for torture, I would demand royalty payments, this has actually happened in the us

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

i'am a fan of skinny puppy ._.

I feel sorry for you.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I've heard way worse stuff than Skinny Puppy, but I can see where it may not be popular with the type of people in Guantanamo.

HEY GUYS, IM THE GOVERNMENT

I COMPLAIN AND PUT PEOPLE IN JAIL FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

BUT I CAN DO IT WITH NO REPERCUSSIONS (Kappa)

xD 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Ummmm by far not the most torturous music. This is:

I dare you to prove me wrong.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Ummmm by far not the most torturous music. This is:

I dare you to prove me wrong.

Can that even be called music?