[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

54 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

I don't see any EVGA   BR. What Tier is it in? can't find it. I only see B2 and BQ.

What part of when Luke said "on my list to check out" didn't make that clear.  He already said it's not ranked yet as all the homework on it isn't done yet. It'll get a tier when he's done "checking it out", plain and simple.  

16 minutes ago, Sahil Todankar said:

Thank you for your advice.

I was leaning towards Antec one because it comes with extra 8 Pin Cpu connector and most of the x570 motherboard needs more than 8 Pin now.

I did gone through all the tier list which suggests Corsair One Is better.

I'm going to say that 99% of the time you don't need the extra cpu power connector

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

3 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Sanity check: still good?

otherwise it wouldn't still be there

2 hours ago, Timotius Samuel said:

Does enermax revolution D.F really that good?

internally the same as the bitfenix whisper

4 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

CM MWE Gold, EVGA GQ

Good if they can beat Corsair TXm 650 price (70$) for like 10$ at least (you don't need 750W for a gaming PC), otherwise not.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 hours ago, Sahil Todankar said:

Which Psu Between These two options for Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4ghz + Rx 5700

1) Corsair Vengeance 650 Silver for $95 5 Year Warranty.

2) Antec Earthwatts 750W Gold for $100 7 Year Warranty.

I don't think Vengeance will be alright for this GPU but Earthwatts wouldn't definitely. Any other options, starting from 550W 80+ Bronze ?

Edit: assuming you're in India i see Corsair CX650 for 6.3k rupee, it should be good, or Corsair TX650M for 7.8k rupee it will be better.

2 hours ago, Ankerson said:

The old list is much more accurate...

Was made before all the needless fear mongering took over.

It was more accurate at the time, maybe. The only significant differences i see (granted i didn't make any of these tier lists and there might be more) are absence of good amount of newer units and Seasonic Focus and derived units ranked higher. Now when we have enough data on them being unreliable (multiple reports of users having GPU instability problems, even with shielded cables Seasonic tried to fix this with) it's not going to get higher than tier D, in fact it was recently promoted to D+ in an attempt to make a compromise for you people.

Fear mongering huh ? Just buy that Diablotek PSU, you'll be alright i'm sure, i've heard it doesn't always blowup.

If you have any suggestions then voice them, otherwise all you do are flooding this thread with 'completely useless' posts (as others before you).

1 hour ago, LogicWeasel said:

What part of when Luke said "on my list to check out" didn't make that clear.  He already said it's not ranked yet as all the homework on it isn't done yet. It'll get a tier when he's done "checking it out", plain and simple.  

Okay My bad Mr English man. I thought he said it is in his list(post) for me to check out. 
I speak 5 languages can you forgive me? 

45 minutes ago, Juular said:

I don't think Vengeance will be alright for this GPU but Earthwatts wouldn't definitely. Any other options, starting from 550W 80+ Bronze ?

Edit: assuming you're in India i see Corsair CX650 for 6.3k rupee, it should be good, or Corsair TX650M for 7.8k rupee it will be better.

Yes i am from India. Thank you for the suggestion.

Cx 650 is good Psu? I thought Corsair Vengeance is much better than Cx650m that's why never mentioned it.

Tx650 is not available to my location.

7 minutes ago, Sahil Todankar said:

Cx 650 is good Psu? I thought Corsair Vengeance is much better than Cx650m that's why never mentioned it.

one: cx and cxm are two different psus, but yes, even if totally different the vengeance silver is better.

earthwatts gold is to my awareness a rebranded seasonic focus FX/FM series, so I'm not a big fan of it

25 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Okay My bad Mr English man

no need for offenses here, i have an internal list of things i need to do, which i meant in my post

give it some time and it'll be there eventually

2 hours ago, Ankerson said:

Want to make it better delete it and post old list back up that I linked to as this one is useless

because your own unit is lower here? because I'm more harsh than lienus? or?

sorry, but i can't do anything with it here

and don't even expect me to remove it

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

one: cx and cxm are two different psus, but yes, even if totally different the vengeance silver is better.

earthwatts gold is to my awareness a rebranded seasonic focus FX/FM series, so I'm not a big fan of it

Ok then final call ?

Corsair Vengeance 650m over Cx650m?

Just now, Sahil Todankar said:

Ok then final call ?

Corsair Vengeance 650m over Cx650m?

yes, vengeance silver is more efficient and has a more modern topology, as well as a multirail ocp

1 hour ago, Sahil Todankar said:

I thought Corsair Vengeance is much better than Cx650m

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

yes, vengeance silver is more efficient and has a more modern topology, as well as a multirail ocp

My bad, didn't see it under tier A and assumed it falls under tier B as the Bronze variant. 

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

My bad, didn't see it under tier A and assumed it falls under tier B as the Bronze variant. 

i mean... i don't blame you too hard, vengeance never really took off

4 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Resorting to personal attacks does nothing to support your claims.

No sources, just claims. This isn't constructive or helpful at all.

Except the old list was supported by real reviews. ;)

Real technical reviews by people who knew what they were doing, complete tear downs and tests by people with the right equipment and real knowledge.

The new ones, unboxings and BS off some forum and maybe a video by a clueless moron... No real facts anyplace...

Like I said useless...

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

support your claims

How about linking a review for every single PSU you listed, a real reviews with complete tests and tear downs by people who know what are they doing, not unboxings and some BS on a forum someplace.

Or some ones opinion.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

1 minute ago, Ankerson said:

How about linking a review for every single PSU you listed, a real reviews by people who know what are they doing, not unboxings and some BS on a forum someplace.

then i suggest you check the spoilers below the list...

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

then i suggest you check the spoilers below the list...

Multi-rail is irrelevant for 99.9% of systems.

Like I said before a number of times as have others.

To base the whole list on it makes it completely and totally useless.

Just now, Ankerson said:

until i'm proven otherwise (and have asked Seasonic's R&D about this, but never got a real answer) sticking with it

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?3990-Single-vs-Multiple-12V-rails-The-splitting-of-the-12V-rail

the only reason i see for not getting multirail is extreme overclocking

and the only reason to implement single rail only is for me being cheaper, which it was originally made for by PCP&C

17 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

until i'm proven otherwise (and have asked Seasonic's R&D about this, but never got a real answer) sticking with it

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?3990-Single-vs-Multiple-12V-rails-The-splitting-of-the-12V-rail

the only reason i see for not getting multirail is extreme overclocking

and the only reason to implement single rail only is for me being cheaper, which it was originally made for by PCP&C

That was 11 years ago....

And it really didn't matter even then for MOST systems, not really.

PSU's are MUCH better today than back then, well the good ones are anyway.

All this multirail garbage started due to some moron making a video that burned a wire that was too thin to start with.

I know were and how it started with the tier list, I was here remember....

Even Jonny Guru said it's not really relevant MOST of the time.

But still we have these useless tier lists that focus on it.

How many people are using 11 or 12 year old PSU's in their new machines? I would hope not many, they wouldn't be for very long if they tried it...

Or actually have machines that it would actually matter in, read EXPENSIVE Multi-CPU VERY HIGH END SERVERS...… Those actually come with their own PSU's made for them so....

24 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

Even Jonny Guru said it's not really relevant MOST of the time.

If you don't need multi-rail then tier A and A+ units are the same for your needs, other tiers aren't differentiated by multi-rail. It's not requirement, just nice to have if you actually will benefit from it as if you have multi-GPU system and then you can just look at tier A+ and choose one.

I don't get what you're trying to argue over.

42 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

Except the old list was supported by real reviews.

You didn't actually looked at sources section don't you ?

4 minutes ago, Juular said:

If you don't need multi-rail then tier A and A+ units are the same for your needs, other tiers aren't differentiated by multi-rail, i don't get what you're trying to argue over. 

The whole list is based on Multi-Rail.... Like that's supposed to be better than everything else.... ;)

A clue in, almost NOBODY needs a multirail PSU, nor will they ever....

Especially anyone that builds any sort of regular machine, even high end gaming boxes with the highest end hardware you can buy.

33 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

The same can be said about literally any protection in a PSU. 

:)