Suggest any good Desk Chairs

Aleks NE

What are some good Desk Chairs/Desk Chair brands? 

I'm on a budget I don't really want to spend over £200 - not sure if that's realistic or not? 

Any help would be appreciated :)

IKEA Markus.

Very comfortable, with a good design. Should be around 120-130 GBP.

But if you like it, depends on how you sit and such. Go try it out in a store.

IMO, gaming chairs are usually quite a scam. The good ones are typically way too expensive and the cheaper ones are terrible.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

IKEA Markus.

Very comfortable, with a good design. Should be around 120-130 GBP.

But if you like it, depends on how you sit and such. Go try it out in a store.

IMO, gaming chairs are usually quite a scam. The good ones are typically way too expensive and the cheaper ones are terrible.

Ty, Gonna try it out this weekend, I've tried my mates DX Racer chair and imo it's just a gimmicky look, that feels like a cheap Argos chair; so I'm, staying away from "Gaming" chairs. 

As someone that has a gaming chair, don't get one. Just don't.

They are designed to keep you in place when you take a corner at 150km\h, not to be comfy at your desk.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, Aleks NE said:

Ty, Gonna try it out this weekend, I've tried my mates DX Racer chair and imo it's just a gimmicky look, that feels like a cheap Argos chair; so I'm, staying away from "Gaming" chairs. 

That is of course just my opinion, but some other users did agree with what I said (and some did not, which is fine) in this thread:

There are good and bad chairs on either side, but to get something good on the gaming chair side, you often need to spend more money then a desk chair..

For example, I do like the Noblechairs Icon, which is around 300 GBP, while it's (IMO) about as good as my Markus chair.

Chairs with lumbar support are nice, but most gaming chairs have design on the back that (for me) push into my shoulder blades.. Not that comfortable!

If people want to spend closer to 400-600 GBP, you might as well look into a refurb good office chairs (like Herman Miller).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

After years of buying more and more expensive computer chairs, I ended with cheap four legs chair that I replace every year. Stable and I feel more comfortable.

8 minutes ago, geo3 said:

These are kind of mutually exclusive. 

Well I mean I can go over just prefer not too, from the thread that minibois posted I researched Herman Miller and steelcase, I found 1 Steelcase chair for 100 and a ton of sub £150 Herman Miller chairs from offices, just a really long drive from my location. Crazy how they just sell them for 1/8th of retail.