New InWin Case Called Alice

The Benjamins
23 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

It is being sold on Amazon for $55, which I find to be a bit high for this oddly unique case.

i think thats a very cheap price for such an unique case tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

How's uh chassis grounding working on that?

The metal inner parts are grounds from the PSU and there is a ground wire to link the 2 metal sections.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

The metal inner parts are grounds from the PSU and there is a ground wire to link the 2 metal sections.

I'm skeptical about the front IO but maybe it's ok.

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm skeptical about the front IO but maybe it's ok.

What do you mean?

It has no front IO, only the back IO under the top cover

One of my concerns about this case is a similar one I had with the Coolermaster Q300L. And no, I'm not talking about airflow, but the fact that they promised "customization air filters" but I've yet to see any custom filters other than the ones they sent in review kits. So less about the case as is now, and about support for the future. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

What do you mean?

I just assumed it had some, my bad. So it's more like a test bench than a PC case?

10 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I just assumed it had some, my bad. So it's more like a test bench than a PC case?

I mean, it extends above and around the mobo, so it seems like it would be annoying to use as a test bench.  I would describe it as "minimalist"

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

19 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Just had a closer look. There is a power button that looks like it has a power LED on it, and that's it. Anything else you want to connect is from rear IO.

14 hours ago, Bitter said:

So it's more like a test bench than a PC case?

That's why I'd be interested in it. Low cost frame in effect. The dedicated test benches are way more expensive, and I don't fancy cutting up a metal case myself.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 minutes ago, porina said:

Just had a closer look. There is a power button that looks like it has a power LED on it, and that's it. Anything else you want to connect is from rear IO.

That's why I'd be interested in it. Low cost frame in effect. The dedicated test benches are way more expensive, and I don't fancy cutting up a metal case myself.

I knew it had a power button I more meant USB and stuff.

whats nice is the alice uses screws not rivets so you can easily take the motherboard tray out.

Just received this case today and it is much stronger than i expected (also much bigger). Thermals are great acoustics not so much obviously. But it came with the solid gray sleeve and the Inwin logo sleeve. Now to see how long until my cat decides its a heated scratching tower.

This isn't really a case, it's more of a test bench you can slide and store in a plastic frame. I wouldn't bother with any type of fabric cover but it's a neat idea for $55. 

Why is it that the only newsworthy InWin designs are either:

1. Fugly eyesores
  2. New Money bling pieces

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Looks like an oversized milk crate...

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

On 10/15/2019 at 2:10 PM, VegetableStu said:

ATX case made out of crates

comes in a box

ships in a crate

I'm tempted to 3D print one of these...

Once I regain my patience in trying to setup my 3d printer (or give up and buy a better one :P ).

On 10/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, rcmaehl said:

Pizza box themed PC case when? I'd pay real money for that on the spot. 

maxresdefault.png?width=1120&height=630

I did this!

PC in a motherboard box (To be transferred to a Book instead... once said 3D printer is working again).

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

dammit when will SLS be cheap enough for home/garage users ,_,

Services that offer it seemingly haven't gotten much cheaper in the past few years, either. :(

Hoping there's some breakthrough in manufacturing tech or process that drives prices down.

9 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

dammit when will SLS be cheap enough for home/garage users ,_,

Nah, these are perfect for FDM, and safer (just take toxic fumes out... [spins on his chair, totally unaffected by the fumes here... whoooo!!!]).

I did a small LTT logo'd case test and it was fine. I'd just have to do a longer print time (more support material/stronger side walls) and have a nice little thing.