Nexus 5 Now Available in Red

DLM_012

Source: The Verge

post-6820-0-92088100-1391542064.png

If you like the Nexus 5 but think its just a bit too subdued for your tastes, you'll be happy to hear that Google has just released an extremely bright red version of the marquee Android smartphone. The new color has been rumored for a while, and now it's a reality. It's the third color option, behind black and white, and it's available now on Google Play. The company suggests that you "show off your personality" with the new color scheme, and that's putting it mildly. Just about everyone on the subway will see when you pull this smartphone out of your pocket. Like the white version of the smartphone, the accent color is featured in the earpiece on the front of the device. The price remains the same: $349 for 16GB and $399 for 32GB, unlocked.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Excellent. Now I can play out my non-existent AMD fanboyism on every object I own.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Cool. I personally would only get it in black but this is good for amd fanboys and people who like the color red.

Nice a red one if they made a dark blue one I may be interested right now I am fine with my rooted S4

I personally think that red was a strange choice in color unless....

Unless LG plans on releasing this phone in all the colors they currently have available for cases which would mean that gray and yellow are next.

What do you guys think?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Hot damn, I really like that.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Why not dark red. Blood Red would be nice even though I would probably still go with black. If it was black with 2 red stripes on it, it would look really cool.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I personally think that red was a strange choice in color unless....

Unless LG plans on releasing this phone in all the colors they currently have available for cases which would mean that gray and yellow are next.

What do you guys think?

I expect since they have released one color more will be coming.

I do like, even my current lumia 920 is red.

But yeah, almost everything looks nice in read to me

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I expect since they have released one color more will be coming.

The phone in that neon-looking yellow will look awesome

We need a brown theme to fit with Noctua fans.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

We need a brown theme to fit with Noctua fans.

I think I'd really buy that. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being definitely buying I'm like a 7.

i am actually thinking about getting this one since ive already got an lumia 920 in red and this phone looks great! thanks for posting!

No prob

Looks really flashy and people would be able to see you holding your phone at a distance. :D Great that the sides are not glossy (they don't seem to be by looking at the images).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Looks really flashy and people would be able to see you holding your phone at a distance. :D Great that the sides are not glossy (they don't seem to be by looking at the images).

Yup exactly why I want it. Imagine how easy it would be spotting your phone if you misplaced it. White and black mixes in with everything but this color pops. Plus the hipster appeal :P

Looks awfully gaudy & hideous.. Seems like they could have picked a different color for it.. (Not that anything besides black or white really makes sense to me, since you could just buy a case if you want a funny color, but whatever floats peoples boats.)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Just got my black nexus 5 and I fucking love it!! I am going to do a proper review soon so stay tuned for that. I'm gonna get the red or orange bumper case for it soon also.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Marquees Brownlee will love this.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

And how many people do not immediately upon acquisition enclose their phone in some sort of opaque protective skin?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Wow and I just bought a black one a month ago... I would have bought a red one instead.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110